Windows 10: why can't I see my other file types when I try to 'Save as'

Discus and support why can't I see my other file types when I try to 'Save as' in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I am saving files into a project folder, other files of a different type are no longer visible? is there a way to change this? It's seems such a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ashhills, Mar 4, 2020.

1. ashhills Win User

why can't I see my other file types when I try to 'Save as'

When I am saving files into a project folder, other files of a different type are no longer visible? is there a way to change this? It's seems such a stupid thing to not be able to change in the settings., I can't see how any programmer would have thought this useful lol

:)

ashhills, Mar 4, 2020
  2. Tatty_One Win User

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Mar 4, 2020
  3. Change Save As File type

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. What type of files are you trying to save?
    2. What type of File formats are you referring to?
    3. Are you facing this concern with all Websites?
    However, Try the below suggestions to change the default programs & File associations in Windows 10.

Method 1. Choose a Default Program for specific file types (extensions).

1. Right click on the Start menu and then choose
    Control Panel. Set the View by to Small icons and then choose
    Default Programs.

2. At Default programs options, choose
    set your default programs

3. At the left pane select the application that you want and then click:

a. Set this program as default to make the selected application as the default application to open all files types that it can handle, or

b. Choose defaults for this program to choose which specific file types the selected application can open by default.

b1. If you select the Choose defaults for this program option, then a new window will open that lists all the extensions (types of files) that the selected program can handle (open). Look at the list
    of extensions and select any other extensions (files types) you want to be opened by the selected program. After making your changes, click
    Save.

Method 2. Associate a specific file type (extension) to open with a default program.

The second method is to choose a default program by extension.

1. Go to Control Panel >
    Default programs
    and select Associate a file type or protocol with a program.

2. From the list of file extensions, select the extension that you want to change the default program to open with and then click
    Change program.

3. Finally select from the suggested programs or select
    More apps to find another program on your computer, to open files with the selected file extension.

Hope it helps,

Muralidhar

Microsoft Forum Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Mar 4, 2020
  4. why can't I see my other file types when I try to 'Save as'

File Save

Hi Clive,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please provide the following information with us to understand the issue better.

• What is the location where you are trying to save the files?
    • Is the issue specific to particular type of files? Example Office files.
    I would like to inform you that you cannot save the files in location where Operating System files are saved.

I suggest you to Run Maintenance task and check if it helps.

The Run maintenance task checks issues that might slow down your computers, such as how many users are currently logged on to the computer and whether multiple programs are running at the same time.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + X on the keyboard.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Run maintenance task under System and Security.
    Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Mar 4, 2020
Thema:

why can't I see my other file types when I try to 'Save as'

1. why can't I see my other file types when I try to 'Save as' - Similar Threads - why can't file

2. When I type the S on my computer, it goes to Save As. I have tried everything. I can't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I type the S on my computer, it goes to Save As. I have tried everything. I can't...: When I type the letter S on my HP, it goes straight to Save as. It happens in all programs. I tried to shut off sticky keys but, can't find it....
  3. When I type the S on my computer, it goes to Save As. I have tried everything. I can't...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I type the S on my computer, it goes to Save As. I have tried everything. I can't...: When I type the letter S on my HP, it goes straight to Save as. It happens in all programs. I tried to shut off sticky keys but, can't find it....
  4. When I type the S on my computer, it goes to Save As. I have tried everything. I can't...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. When I save an image file it saves as the wrong file type

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When I save an image file it saves as the wrong file type: All images saved from Chrome are being saved with the file type "File" regardless of the original file type of the image i am saving.I have tried from different browsers and they are saved in the correct format.I've contacted Google support and they say this is a Windows...
  6. When I save an image file it saves as the wrong file type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I save an image file it saves as the wrong file type: All images saved from Chrome are being saved with the file type "File" regardless of the original file type of the image i am saving.I have tried from different browsers and they are saved in the correct format.I've contacted Google support and they say this is a Windows...
  7. When I save an image file it saves as the wrong file type

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. When 'Browsing for a folder' i can't see my other drives

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When 'Browsing for a folder' i can't see my other drives: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/uwy0gxrdwc961.png?width=320&format=png&auto=webp&s=aa6c7d56ded65bfb8e1f1c5125eb2642dd1ee182 All i get is this, (And if i unfold it's just folders on my C: drive) i've already tried resetting all my folder settings but that doesn't seem...
  9. Whenever I save a file, any file, I can't see my folders.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Whenever I save a file, any file, I can't see my folders.: Whenever I save any file, I can't see my folders. Instead I see this: [ATTACH]I want to be able to see something like this, but for windows 10, which I have: [ATTACH] This has been happening for about 3 months, and I've tried pressing almost all the buttons, like...
  10. Why can't I see other workgroup computers in Network?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why can't I see other workgroup computers in Network?: Why can't I see other workgroup computers in Network? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-see-other-workgroup-computers-in/9ed3297c-4660-4a7d-b237-079eaa692ae2