Windows 10: Why can't I see my Virus and threat settings?

Discus and support Why can't I see my Virus and threat settings? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I cannot open my virus and threat protection settings. I can't even seen them in the windows security settings. The option is completely gone. The... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GabrielByrams, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Why can't I see my Virus and threat settings?

I cannot open my virus and threat protection settings. I can't even seen them in the windows security settings. The option is completely gone. The settings were completely accessible a while ago.

:)

GabrielByrams, Feb 4, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Virus threat protection

Hi Valentin

As an alternative approach, you can allow that utility through the Controlled Folder Access section of WIndows 10 security . . .

Open Windows Defender Security Center

Go to Virus & threat protection - Virus & threat protection settings

Scroll down to Controlled folder access

From there, you can add Dell Data Vault to the list of safe or allowed apps to prevent it from being blocked

Please do not leave Controlled Folder Access turned off permanently

DaveM121, Feb 4, 2020
  3. JCH54 Win User
    virus and threat protection

Virus and threat protection has stopped and will not restart, Windows 10 ver 1709, antimalware client ver 4.12.16299.15 . SuperAntiSpyware installed.

I have tried most of the suggestions from the support pages, all have been ineffective. Any suggestions

Moved from: Virus and Malware / Windows Defender / Updating Virus and Spyware Definitions / Windows 10

JCH54, Feb 4, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Why can't I see my Virus and threat settings?

Virus and Threat Protection Warnings

Hi Penelope_AV

ETD_GetSMART.exe is HP Software and it is safe, that software is designed to check your hard drive for imminent failure and warn you

You can add that to the list of safe files in Controlled Folder Access to get rid of this warning

Open Windows Defender Security Center

Go to Virus & threat protection - Virus & threat protection settings

Scroll down to Controlled folder access

From there, you can add an app to the list of safe or allowed apps to prevent them from being blocked

ETD_GetSMART.exe is located in the following folder:

C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Support Framework\Resources\HPActiveHealth\Executable Agent Data\_Shared\DiskCheck\

DaveM121, Feb 4, 2020
Thema:

Why can't I see my Virus and threat settings?

1. Why can't I see my Virus and threat settings? - Similar Threads - Why can't Virus

2. Why can I not access my Virus & Threat protection settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can I not access my Virus & Threat protection settings?: Hello guys, recently I wasn't able to update a game because the content file was locked, with further research turns out its because my anti virus could be blocking it. Now, when I opened my settings to disable it, its telling me I don't have permission to access it as I am...
  3. Why can I not access my Virus & Threat protection settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can I not access my Virus & Threat protection settings?: Hello guys, recently I wasn't able to update a game because the content file was locked, with further research turns out its because my anti virus could be blocking it. Now, when I opened my settings to disable it, its telling me I don't have permission to access it as I am...
  4. Why can't I access my virus and threat protection in windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I access my virus and threat protection in windows 11?: Hi I am Siddharth. So, I can no longer access the virus and threat protection in my windows 11. The problem began when I did the reset in my laptop. Pls find a solution to this as soon as possible. Thank you....
  5. Why can't I access my virus and threat protection in windows 11?

Why can't I access my virus and threat protection in windows 11?: Hi I am Siddharth. So, I can no longer access the virus and threat protection in my windows 11. The problem began when I did the reset in my laptop. Pls find a solution to this as soon as possible. Thank you....
  6. i can't access my threats and virus protection

i can't access my threats and virus protection: help me to access my threat and virus protection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-access-my-threats-and-virus-protection/eb30acd1-586d-4c5e-9b2c-23bd5098bdc2
  7. Why can't I see virus and threat protection in my windows security tabs? I'm currently...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I see virus and threat protection in my windows security tabs? I'm currently...: I've tried all of the suggestions I've found online but none of them seemed to work, so here I am personally asking how do I actually do it?...
  8. Why can't I see virus and threat protection in my windows security tabs? I'm currently...

Why can't I see virus and threat protection in my windows security tabs? I'm currently...: I've tried all of the suggestions I've found online but none of them seemed to work, so here I am personally asking how do I actually do it?...
  9. Can't change virus and threat protection settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change virus and threat protection settings: I can't change my Virus and threat protection settings. Help [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-change-virus-and-threat-protection-settings/dff057da-ab7d-4694-af59-2b2d1bf005f2
  10. I can't see (Virus & Threat Protection) Under my Windows 10 Security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I can't see (Virus & Threat Protection) Under my Windows 10 Security: I bought my DELL Inspiron in 2018. It came with 1-year McAfee Subscription. I didn't pay any attention to Windows Security during the past, however, and when I received notification from McAfee informing me that my current subscription is almost due to expire, I've chatted to...