Windows 10: Why can't I see other workgroup computers in Network?

Discus and support Why can't I see other workgroup computers in Network? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Why can't I see other workgroup computers in Network?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jaunty6, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Jaunty6 Win User

Why can't I see other workgroup computers in Network?

:)

Jaunty6, Nov 9, 2018
  2. KenReiner Win User

Workgroup and Networks

Is the workgroup a subset of a network. I have 2 laptop computers and 1 wired printer which I want to be able to interface with each other . What is the best way to set up this connection? Is there a simple step by step instruction on how to set up a
    connection? I am using windows 10 on 2 Dell PC's and a HP printer.

KenReiner, Nov 9, 2018
  3. Workgroup Computers are displayed as Media Devices

I have several Win10 computers on a "WORKGROUP" network. Network location is set to private on all machines with network discovery and file and printer sharing activated. Two computers are listed as workgroup computers and two as media devices. What do I have to do in order to get the media devices to show up as workgroup computers?

MisterD2016, Nov 9, 2018
  4. Why can't I see other workgroup computers in Network?

cannot see workgroup computers

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing a few issues regarding workgroup and LAN. Let me help you resolve the issue.

This issue can be due to two reasons.

• Your computer is not connected to the network. If your computer is not connected to the network, the Network folder appears empty, even if there are other computers and devices on the network.

• Network discovery is blocking you from seeing other computers and devices. If the network discovery setting on your computer is set to off, you won't see other computers and devices on the network. To change your network discovery setting, follow
      these steps:

• Open Advanced sharing settings by clicking the Startbutton, and then clicking
      Control Panel. In the search box, type
      network, click Network and Sharing Center, and then, in the left pane, click
      Change advanced sharing settings.
    • Click the chevron to expand the current network profile.
    • Click Turn on network discovery, and then click
      save changes. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

I hope the information helps you resolve the issue. Please get back to us if you have any queries.We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Why can't I see other workgroup computers in Network? - Similar Threads - Why can't workgroup

2. one computer can't see other computer on network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    one computer can't see other computer on network: I have 2 computers Computer A & Computer B on Windows 10 that used to see each other on their Networks. I updated some drivers and cleaned the registry using CCCleaner on Computer A and lost all connection between both computers. I have managed to get Computer B seeing itself...
  3. can't see other computer on network

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't see other computer on network: can't see other computer on network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-see-other-computer-on-network/fc92edc5-902e-4798-a93f-91bcb538d14f
  4. Why can't networked computers see each other?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why can't networked computers see each other?: I have two machines connected through an ethernet switch which is hooked to my home router. But each machine does not appear in the network folder of the other. Any idea why? Thanks. submitted by /u/HiawathaBray [link] [comments]...
  5. I can't see other Pc's in my workgroup

I can't see other Pc's in my workgroup: I worder if there is a service which isn't running on my Pc because I can't see my streaming unit or any other Pc's in my workgroup. The Pc is new and on my laptop I can see the units in my workgroup but not on this Pc. I have compared the two Pc's sharing configuration and I...
  6. Computers can't see each other on workgroup

Computers can't see each other on workgroup: Recently added both laptops to a workgroup as suggested here to enable file sharing and it worked perfectly. Then suddenly today 1 of the computers can't see the other one. Laptop 1 can't see laptop 2 1 did have a Pin as security while 2 had a password. I've changed 1 to...
  7. Solved: Can't see other computers in Workgroup on Windows 10

Solved: Can't see other computers in Workgroup on Windows 10: Hi all, I'm finding Windows 10 enjoyable and pleasant for the most part. Unfortunately, some things that are easy to find or to do (probably due to years of experience) in Windows 7 and 8/8.1 are not easy to find, assuming they exist at all, in Windows 10 build 10130....
  8. Can't see other computers on my network

Can't see other computers on my network: I have two Win 7 computers on my wired network and 6 Win XP computers on this same network. This main computer was Win 7 and just upgraded to Win 10 in November. For a year this network has worked just fine, plug and play basically when I set it up, now after Christmas...
  9. Cannot see other computers in workgroup

Cannot see other computers in workgroup: I have a home network defined by workgroup (not homegroup). Three computers are Windows 10 (vers 1703) and one is Windows Vista. One of the Windows 10 computers can not see any of the other network computers. Nor can it see any of the network devices (including the network...
  10. Suddenly can't see other computers on network

Suddenly can't see other computers on network: We have three Windows 10 computers (2 desktop, 1 laptop) on a local network. All are in the same workgroup, all have discovery and sharing turned on on private/guest/all networks, password protection off, etc. Everything was working great until about a week ago. We don't know...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer cannot see itself on workgroup network

2. win 10 just see itself on workgroup