Windows 10: Why can't I select 10 bpc Output color depth? My monitor and graphics card support it.

Discus and support Why can't I select 10 bpc Output color depth? My monitor and graphics card support it. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have never had a problem setting my NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 to 10 bpc Output color depth but for some reason, I do now. I have my resolution set on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kyle Brandtjen, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Why can't I select 10 bpc Output color depth? My monitor and graphics card support it.

I have never had a problem setting my NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 to 10 bpc Output color depth but for some reason, I do now. I have my resolution set on 'native' [2560 x 1440] if there is any other information you need let me know and I'll provide it.

:)

Kyle Brandtjen, Sep 12, 2020

2. Color bit depth is at 6-bit on Display properties of Windows 10 pro

Try the below suggested steps and check if the suggested options are available to change the Color bit Depth value

1. Right click on the desktop and select NVIDIA Control Panel.
    2. Expand the Display, and then highlight the Change resolution.
    3. On the right side, check if there is 8 bpc listed under
      Output color depth.
    4. You may select 8 bpc and restart the device to witness the changes.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Sep 12, 2020
  3. How do I find out if my system is able to use High Dynamic Range Color?

I have a ViewSonic VP2770-LED monitor that supports 32-bit color depth and 10 bpc color output along with an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 graphics card.

Also, is high dynamic range color wroth upgrading for?

Kyle Brandtjen, Sep 12, 2020
  4. Why can't I select 10 bpc Output color depth? My monitor and graphics card support it.

CCC display color depth setting (bpc)?

Hey guys, need a bit of advice from you display and CCC tech heads. I was answering a thread on another forum asking about display settings when I noticed CCC defaults to 10 bpc on my Panasonic TC-L32U3, which I'm pretty sure has an 8 bit panel. It's driving me nuts though because I can't actually verify that with any of the sources for this TV I've checked.

One thread I read in my search though indicated CCC shows 10 or 12 bpc greyed out if your display panel is not 10 or 12 bit color depth capable, and now I'm not so sure. Or maybe it's supposed to be greyed out, but for some reason isn't.

So to my questions.

1. Is there a simple software tool I can use that will detect what bit color depth my display is?
    2. Will having had it set on 10 bpc if it's an 8 bit panel cause any harm or performance issues?
    3. Is it possible for CCC to upscale color depth, similar to the way DSR works for texture detail?

I appreciate any knowledgeable input. I'm really baffled here. I'm seriously doubting this is a 10 bit panel.

Why can't I select 10 bpc Output color depth? My monitor and graphics card support it. CCCColorDepth_zpsb6c6b493.png

Frag Maniac, Sep 12, 2020
Thema:

Why can't I select 10 bpc Output color depth? My monitor and graphics card support it.

1. Why can't I select 10 bpc Output color depth? My monitor and graphics card support it. - Similar Threads - Why can't select

2. I Set My Monitor Color Depth To 12 bpc And Can No Longer Connect To It

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I Set My Monitor Color Depth To 12 bpc And Can No Longer Connect To It: I set the color depth of a monitor to 12 bpc. The monitor does not support 12 bpc. I can no longer connect to it.The monitor is still detected.Extending to the monitor does nothing.Cloning to the monitor does nothing.I was never given an option to revert the change.I have no...
  3. I Set My Monitor Color Depth To 12 bpc And Can No Longer Connect To It

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I Set My Monitor Color Depth To 12 bpc And Can No Longer Connect To It: I set the color depth of a monitor to 12 bpc. The monitor does not support 12 bpc. I can no longer connect to it.The monitor is still detected.Extending to the monitor does nothing.Cloning to the monitor does nothing.I was never given an option to revert the change.I have no...
  4. Why is my laptop monitor color depth 6 bit

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why is my laptop monitor color depth 6 bit: Why is my laptop monitor color depth 6 bit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-laptop-monitor-color-depth-6-bit/49514766-4668-40c1-8ad4-64ecc80924fb
  5. Why is my laptop monitor color depth 6 bit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my laptop monitor color depth 6 bit: Why is my laptop monitor color depth 6 bit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-laptop-monitor-color-depth-6-bit/49514766-4668-40c1-8ad4-64ecc80924fb
  6. Why is my laptop monitor color depth 6 bit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. What is the cheapest GPU that will output 10 bit color depth?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    What is the cheapest GPU that will output 10 bit color depth?: I have a monitor capable of displaying it already but I don't know which of the myriad of cards to choose from (they will all be better than the GeForce GTX 780 that I picked up ages ago...
  8. What is the cheapest GPU that will output 10 bit color depth?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    What is the cheapest GPU that will output 10 bit color depth?: I have a monitor capable of displaying it already but I don't know which of the myriad of cards to choose from (they will all be better than the GeForce GTX 780 that I picked up ages ago...
  9. Graphics card is not selected?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Graphics card is not selected?: Hi, I just checked the system information to see if I can use Minecraft RTX, but under Components/Display the name Inte(R) HD Graphics 4600 is given as Inte(R) HD Graphics 4600 instead of the graphics card. Please help me thank you in advance. Grafikkarte wird nicht augewählt?
  10. color depth

in Windows 10 Customization
    color depth: How do I change the color depth to 16-bit on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/color-depth/8ebdc1aa-f600-4cf7-bc40-2cc994eb2fa5