Windows 10: Why can't I select photos from auxiliary hard drive for Lock Screen?

Discus and support Why can't I select photos from auxiliary hard drive for Lock Screen? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm setting up a new laptop Dell Inspiron. It accepted a folder of photos from my auxiliary hard drive for the screen saver, but when I tried to use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MaineGrammy, Apr 11, 2021.

1. Why can't I select photos from auxiliary hard drive for Lock Screen?

I'm setting up a new laptop Dell Inspiron. It accepted a folder of photos from my auxiliary hard drive for the screen saver, but when I tried to use that folder for my Lock Screen slide show, it told me it can't be used because of its location--the Lock Screen seems to permit only photos from a file within my laptop--but the folder I want to use is far too large to fit there that's why I bought an auxiliary hard drive.

:)

MaineGrammy, Apr 11, 2021
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Lock screen photo

Hi,

To change the
    lock screen photo, follow these steps:

• Go to
      Settings.

• Choose
      Personalization.

• On the left side of the screen, click on
      Lock screen.

• In the
      Background, change it to
      Picture.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Apr 11, 2021
  3. Changing lock screen photos

Hi Kirk,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Personalization.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Lock screen.
    • In the right pane, select Pictures from the drop down list under
      Background.
    • Select the picture from the list or click on Browse to select your saved images and set as lock screen image.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 11, 2021
  4. Why can't I select photos from auxiliary hard drive for Lock Screen?

little cat, Apr 11, 2021
Thema:

Why can't I select photos from auxiliary hard drive for Lock Screen?

1. Why can't I select photos from auxiliary hard drive for Lock Screen? - Similar Threads - Why can't select

2. I am using an external hard drive, this hard drive was automatically locked from Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am using an external hard drive, this hard drive was automatically locked from Windows...: I am using an external hard drive, and this hard drive has been automatically locked from Windows using Bitlocker. And I have tried all the solutions that Microsoft knows and doesn't know, and till now I can't decrypt the hard drive, please help me to decrypt it....
  3. I am using an external hard drive, this hard drive was automatically locked from Windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am using an external hard drive, this hard drive was automatically locked from Windows...: I am using an external hard drive, and this hard drive has been automatically locked from Windows using Bitlocker. And I have tried all the solutions that Microsoft knows and doesn't know, and till now I can't decrypt the hard drive, please help me to decrypt it....
  4. I anciently "Locked" my hard drive and can't access it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I anciently "Locked" my hard drive and can't access it: I got a new hard drive and decided to merge the partitions of the old one with MiniToolPartition wizard, but after I did the file was locked for some reason and whenever I try to open it, it gives me this message "The BitLocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with...
  5. photo slideshow on lock screen or background not working or selecting photo's. Please help

in Windows 10 Customization
    photo slideshow on lock screen or background not working or selecting photo's. Please help: photo slideshow on lock screen or background not working or selecting photo's. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-slideshow-on-lock-screen-or-background-not/8d88b4e4-7265-409c-8a5c-85952e765f82
  6. hard drive is locked

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    hard drive is locked: After the last win update my hard drive with the operating system is locked. How can I unlock the hard drive? I've tried in Command Prompt. It didn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-is-locked/fdb8b2a1-fd87-4b1e-b499-3fe365d30e4b
  7. Lock Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lock Hard Drive: Hello fellow redditors. My laptop has a 32GB SSD and 500GB Hard Drive. I've installed windows on the SSD and now I want to lock in order to not install anything else on it and allow only Windows stuff to go in it. Thanks. submitted by /u/galaxytl [link] [comments]...
  8. Photo select screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Photo select screen: I am trying to print 4 pictures on 1 page. I followed all the instructions but when I R click on the picture, I get the post showing the 3 sizes and NO photo select screen. How do I install or fix the problem....
  9. My selected Windows 10 Lock Screen photos are removed

in Windows 10 Customization
    My selected Windows 10 Lock Screen photos are removed: I have selected 5 personal photos to use on my Lock Screen. However, over time Windows decides not to use these photos and replaces them with 5 strange random photos that are not on my computer, they are not photos I have taken, saved, viewed or downloaded. How do I get...
  10. Hard Drive Locked

in Windows 10 Support
    Hard Drive Locked: Hello so before this problem occurred I attempted to transfer my main drive with Windows 10 on it to a larger drive using the western digital software. After this my computer restarted, and when I tried signed in I would get a flickering screen/black screen with cursor. I...