Windows 10: Why Can't I Set Adobe Lightroom as Default Picture Viewer?

Discus and support Why Can't I Set Adobe Lightroom as Default Picture Viewer? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have the whole Adobe Creative Cloud installed. Lightroom does not show up in the list of installed Apps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AlexDeJesus, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Why Can't I Set Adobe Lightroom as Default Picture Viewer?

I have the whole Adobe Creative Cloud installed. Lightroom does not show up in the list of installed Apps

:)

AlexDeJesus, Jan 1, 2020
  2. ubulon Win User

Adobe Lightroom folders by date in C/Users/Pictures windows 10

tldr:
    I want to use dated folder structure in C/Users/User/Pictures in Adobe Lightroom, under Windows 10.

When I installed Adobe Lightroom 5.6 to Windows 7, it automatically created dated folders in C:/Users/User/Pictures.

Example:

It created a copy of the photo from the original drive (e.g. D:/Travel) to this folder, according to EXIF creation date info, and the exported image was also saved into this folder. I set the export folder to "Same folder as original photo".

However, this folder structure was not generated on Windows 10, and if I set "Same folder as original photo", then it exports to D:/Travel.
    I want to generate these dated folders on C drive somehow. I didn't change anything on the Win7 version, I used the program on the default settings.

Is there any way? I couldn't figure it out. Please help!

ubulon, Jan 1, 2020
  3. NS_2017 Win User
    Edge keeps replacing Adobe as default PDF viewer

Microsoft Edge keeps reverting to the default PDF viewer and it's extremely frustrating. I believe it occurs whenever I unzip files using winzip. I know how to reset the default application but it's time consuming doing it once or twice every day and shouldn't
    be necessary.

Why does it keep changing back to Microsoft Edge and how can I stop this?

Can i remove Microsoft Edge completely?

Why does Adobe not appear in the default programs list? How can I add this to the list as if it did appear the steps to change the default viewer would be quicker.

NS_2017, Jan 1, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

Why Can't I Set Adobe Lightroom as Default Picture Viewer?

Adobe Bridge: cannot set as default in Settings Menu

Adobe Bridge is actually a Photo Organizer, it is not designed for single image viewer so if you want to set it as default to open every time you double click a .jpg/.png. Bridge will open the whole folder containing the .jpg/.png that you selected. If this is what you want then try the followings:
    1. Right click on the .jpg ->Open With->Choose another App
    2. If Bridge is on the list. Hi-lite it and put a check mark on: "Always use this app to open .jpg file". If not go to step 3
    3. If Bridge is not on the list scroll to the bottom then select then click on "More Apps"
    4. If Bridge is still not on the list then scroll to bottom again and select "Look for another App on this PC"
    5. Navigate to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Bridge and select "Bridge.exe" ====>64bit
      Or: C:\Program Files (X86)\Adbode\Adobe Bridge and select "Bridge.exe" ====> 32bit
      then put a check mark on "Always use this app to open .jpg file"
    6. Do the same for .png file.

topgundcp, Jan 1, 2020
Thema:

Why Can't I Set Adobe Lightroom as Default Picture Viewer?

1. Why Can't I Set Adobe Lightroom as Default Picture Viewer? - Similar Threads - Why Can't Set

2. Picture viewer defaults to wrong location.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Picture viewer defaults to wrong location.: I am using the picture viewer in Windows 11, but I get the error message shown below because the picture is not located in OneDrive but is in my local Pictures folder. How do I change the default?C:\Users\name\OneDrive\Pictures\Camera Roll\Picture.jpgNo such interface is...
  3. Picture viewer defaults to wrong location.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Picture viewer defaults to wrong location.: I am using the picture viewer in Windows 11, but I get the error message shown below because the picture is not located in OneDrive but is in my local Pictures folder. How do I change the default?C:\Users\name\OneDrive\Pictures\Camera Roll\Picture.jpgNo such interface is...
  4. Adobe Lightroom Duplicate Charges from Adobe & Microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adobe Lightroom Duplicate Charges from Adobe & Microsoft: I have the Photography Plan subscription that is supposed to charge $10 monthly. I checked my account & have been getting duplicate charges from Microsoft as well as Adobe for an additional 1TB of storage for essentially the same thing. I can’t get ahold of anyone on the...
  5. Adobe Lightroom Duplicate Charges from Adobe & Microsoft

Adobe Lightroom Duplicate Charges from Adobe & Microsoft: I have the Photography Plan subscription that is supposed to charge $10 monthly. I checked my account & have been getting duplicate charges from Microsoft as well as Adobe for an additional 1TB of storage for essentially the same thing. I can’t get ahold of anyone on the...
  6. Can't set Imageglass as default photo viewer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't set Imageglass as default photo viewer: I am trying to set Imageglass as my default photo viewer. When I go to the default app section and select photo imageglass doesn't come up as an option. Is there any other way to set a default image viewer?...
  7. picture viewer default

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    picture viewer default: how do I change the default to view my pictures? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/picture-viewer-default/4b8e5de1-77bd-4195-8669-5d5229acbcd4
  8. Window/Adobe Lightroom issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Window/Adobe Lightroom issues: i upgraded from win 8.1 to win 10, 2004 ver. i installed adobe light room and now for any updates i receive the following: [ATTACH][ATTACH] it is also very slow when using the application.. i have the following config: intel i7-4770 cpu @ 3.40 ghz 24.0 gb ram 64...
  9. Default Picture viewer not taking

Default Picture viewer not taking: Hi I have set the Photos app as the default .JPG viewer but every time I click on a .jpg file I get the message "How do you want to open this file?" "Keep using this app" see attached pic. How do I stop this error, I have tried setting other viewers as default...
  10. Adobe lightroom 6

Adobe lightroom 6: I'm about to buy Lightroom 6 for my PC and would like to know if there are any problems with running it on W10? 29125

Users found this page by searching for:

1. set snip and sketch as default image viewer