Windows 10: Why can't I set icons to large as a default when inserting photos in word?

Discus and support Why can't I set icons to large as a default when inserting photos in word? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I use word a lot to produce photos in report format for Building Surveys. I used to be able to set up the file explorer on insert of photos in word to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jasonparkin, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Why can't I set icons to large as a default when inserting photos in word?

I use word a lot to produce photos in report format for Building Surveys. I used to be able to set up the file explorer on insert of photos in word to large icons so that I could see the photos fully before inserting. Since the latest update this no longer stays as a large icon but reverts to a list. This is problematic when inserting large numbers of photos. Simply I have to click to set the photos as large icons every time I insert a photo. This slows me down greatly.

I have seen much written about this on forums of all kinds and most suggest setting default in file explorer options. But this does set the default to file explorer but not file explorer in the insert photos section.

Oddly and for no apparent reason every now and then it does default to large icons but the returns to lists soon after.

Its all very frustrating. As a heavy user of Word and excel it never ceases to amaze me that when I had set up a system that works well form me, Microsoft do an update and it all charges. This results in me having to waste precious hours trying to work out how to do the thing all over again!!!

:)

jasonparkin, Nov 23, 2018

2. Windows 10 Photo app not showing as choice for Photo viewer default app, so unable to set it as default.

Hi Toby,

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows logo key + X key.

• Click on Control Panel.

• Under View by, select
      large icons.

• Click on Default programs.

• Click on Set your programs as a default
      option.

• From the left panel, click on
      Photo app.

• Click on set this program as a default.

• Click OK button.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Nov 23, 2018
  3. Set Windows Photo Viewer as default to open photos

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to set window photo viewer as default and check if it helps:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click on Control Panel and under View by change it to
      Small Icons.

• Click on Default Programs and click on
      Set your default programs

• Click on Windows Photo Viewer from the Left pane and click on
      Choose Defaults for this program.

• Select all the formats available from the list and click on
      Save and click Ok.

• Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Nov 23, 2018
  4. Why can't I set icons to large as a default when inserting photos in word?

Files & Folders View as medium or large Icons

To assist you better, we would suggest that you try to follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Once you are viewing a folder, right click an empty space within the File Explorer window and select View from the dialogue menu, then choose Large or any icon you wanted to use. Alternatively, you can use the following shortcut keys on the keyboard to
      change your View settings:
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 1 Extra Large
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 2 Large icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 3 Medium Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 4 Small Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 5 List
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 6 Details
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 7 Tiles
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 8 Content
    3. Once you have the view set, you can make it the default view for

every folder.

4. Click Apply, then click OK.

Update us on the result.

Marivel Man, Nov 23, 2018
Thema:

Why can't I set icons to large as a default when inserting photos in word?

1. Why can't I set icons to large as a default when inserting photos in word? - Similar Threads - Why can't set

2. Some desktop icons are blurry when set to large

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some desktop icons are blurry when set to large: Hi,I tried to set my desktop icon size to large, but it had an unexpected outcome. Some became large, either with a new icon or a similar one to the medium size one, and they appear to be high res and that's no problem. Some others seem to be the same size but contained in a...
  3. Some desktop icons are blurry when set to large

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some desktop icons are blurry when set to large: Hi,I tried to set my desktop icon size to large, but it had an unexpected outcome. Some became large, either with a new icon or a similar one to the medium size one, and they appear to be high res and that's no problem. Some others seem to be the same size but contained in a...
  4. Some desktop icons are blurry when set to large

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't set Imageglass as default photo viewer

Can't set Imageglass as default photo viewer: I am trying to set Imageglass as my default photo viewer. When I go to the default app section and select photo imageglass doesn't come up as an option. Is there any other way to set a default image viewer?...
  6. setting a default dvd player when a dvd is inserted

setting a default dvd player when a dvd is inserted: Ok. Here's the deal. Please read this carefully, as I am not talking about file types, I am talking about disk types. Windows 7 had a feature that would detect the content of any removable media placed in an optical drive and would ask you what to do with it. In Fact, it...
  7. Can't Set Default Bullet in Word.. Smdh

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Can't Set Default Bullet in Word.. Smdh: Is there a way to set default bullets in Word? I'm using Word 2019. It was suggested that I use the Styles task pane to set a default bullet. I did this and clicked on 'new documents based on this template' to set this default. But it doesnt work. Why the hell cant someone...
  8. Can't Set Default Bullet in Word.. Smdh

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Set Default Bullet in Word.. Smdh: Is there a way to set default bullets in Word? I'm using Word 2019. It was suggested that I use the Styles task pane to set a default bullet. I did this and clicked on 'new documents based on this template' to set this default. But it doesnt work. Why the hell cant someone...
  9. Default Word settings.

Default Word settings.: On the current version of Word I cannot edit documents in reading or normal view. Switching back and getting all the carriage return and space marks appearing is a real pain. How do I reset this? I tried the online Help and the remote access guy did something but next...
  10. Default View 'Large icons'

Default View 'Large icons': W10, Office 2016. Although I close my docs and folders in 'Large icons', they often open in List view, which I never want; I almost always want Large icon view. I have been down the recommended File Explorer/any folder////apply to folders etc. route, but this hasn't changed...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. icons oversixed when inserting