Windows 10: Why can't I set the correct time zone on my clock?

Discus and support Why can't I set the correct time zone on my clock? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Having just restored my laptop, I noticed that the time was wrong. What is strange is that Everything is correct in the region and regional formats... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by lukefromharris, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Why can't I set the correct time zone on my clock?

Having just restored my laptop, I noticed that the time was wrong. What is strange is that Everything is correct in the region and regional formats United Kingdom, but time zone is set to UTC US and Canada. Further, the drop down menu only gives me UTC options.

Am I missing something here? how do I change it so the clock is set to United Kingdom?

I've attached some screen shots for your reference.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Regards

Luke

Why can't I set the correct time zone on my clock? 3433a1e0-e2de-4d95-acc9-e779ad267331?upload=true.png Why can't I set the correct time zone on my clock? b57239c4-aab1-48f5-b09f-78284161bcbf?upload=true.png

:)

lukefromharris, Apr 23, 2020

2. Windows 10 Time Zone tool?

Tested this once again and did exactly what the steps from above. After booting into Windows it did change to UTC from the list of time zones from the date and time properties.

The actual time however was still Pacific Time. But when I connected to the internet now the clock shows UTC.

I did a command SYSTEMINFO and under Original Install Date it still has the Pacific Time.

So yes, I can confirm that to show the exact correct time you need to connect to the internet or else it will not work. The only changes that do work when not connected is that the correct Time Zone setting (UTC) appeared on the date/time properties after doing the TZUTIL command during install. But the actual time was still reflected on Pacific Time.

win10freak, Apr 23, 2020
  3. Set Time Zone Automatically

Your suggestion, while good, did not correct my problem. What it did do was lead me to the answer, thank you.

Seems that the default location set for my computer was blank. When time zone was set to automatic, Windows didn't know where I was and probably reverted to the last entry in the zone list, Moscow. I re-entered my proper location, set the zone to Auto and
    everything was good to go.

JcMacPherson, Apr 23, 2020
  4. SiSig_ Win User

Why can't I set the correct time zone on my clock?

Clock displays wrong time

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings of time and time zone:

• Press “Windows+X” and click on “control panel”.
    • On the left hand side click on “clock, language and region”.
    • Click on “change time zone”.
    • And then click on the tab “internet time” and click on “change settings”.
    • Check the box “synchronize with an internet time server” and also select the option “time.windows.com” from the drop down and click on “ok” and check if the issue persists.

SiSig_, Apr 23, 2020
Thema:

Why can't I set the correct time zone on my clock?

1. Why can't I set the correct time zone on my clock? - Similar Threads - Why can't set

2. With Settings using "Set Time Zone automatically" my Laptop sets time zone to MST and I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    With Settings using "Set Time Zone automatically" my Laptop sets time zone to MST and I...: My Windows 11 PC rebooted last night update?. It now wants to place me in the Mountain time zone when I am in the Eastern time zone. I had to turn off the automated setting for the time zone to fix this. Please advise...
  3. With Settings using "Set Time Zone automatically" my Laptop sets time zone to MST and I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    With Settings using "Set Time Zone automatically" my Laptop sets time zone to MST and I...: My Windows 11 PC rebooted last night update?. It now wants to place me in the Mountain time zone when I am in the Eastern time zone. I had to turn off the automated setting for the time zone to fix this. Please advise...
  4. Clock not correct - beyond time zone issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clock not correct - beyond time zone issue: My clock says the wrong time. It is beyond hour behind...it is ike 11 min off. How do I fix it? I went into Settings. There is only hour behind or daylight savings time zone fixes but not a fix when it is running behind...
  5. Clock not correct - beyond time zone issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clock not correct - beyond time zone issue: My clock says the wrong time. It is beyond hour behind...it is ike 11 min off. How do I fix it? I went into Settings. There is only hour behind or daylight savings time zone fixes but not a fix when it is running behind...
  6. can't set time zone every time I try to set to eastern time zone my pc keeps freezing up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    can't set time zone every time I try to set to eastern time zone my pc keeps freezing up: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MetriusMD [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/10sufwe/cant_set_time_zone_every_time_i_try_to_set_to/
  7. I can't set my time zone

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't set my time zone: So, when I go to the place in settings and change the time zone, as soon as I close it, it resets and ignores the fact that I don't live in the place it thinks I do. Any ideas on how to fix this?...
  8. Clock is exactly an hour ahead with correct time zone and automatic

in Windows 10 Support
    Clock is exactly an hour ahead with correct time zone and automatic: My clock says 9:54 when it really is 8:54 I checked the clock settings and the correct time zone (Eastern (US)) is set and the clock is set on "automatic" yet the clock is exactly an hour ahead on my Windows 10 Dell Optiplex 790 Does anybody know what the problem could be?...
  9. Clock not set correctly

Clock not set correctly: Please give me a simple step by baby step of what to do to set the clock to the proper time on Window 10? It is 18 minutes fast behind . I have NEVER had this issue so I haven't dealt with it before. Can I just say please be very very specific in your answer as I am having...
  10. Time zone is correct, but Time is wrong

Time zone is correct, but Time is wrong: The automatic time zone in Vilnius, Lithuania is UTC +3 hrs. This is accurate during daylight savings time. However, the time displayed on the clock is wrong. Interestingly, Windows is not the only source that gets this wrong. The website Time Difference lists the time as...