Windows 10: why cant i set up a pin?

Discus and support why cant i set up a pin? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; i am trying to set up a pin, but it keeps giving me a error. how do i fix this? please help!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by leo lol, May 24, 2020.

1. leo lol Win User

why cant i set up a pin?

i am trying to set up a pin, but it keeps giving me a error. how do i fix this? please help!

:)

leo lol, May 24, 2020
  2. Rey Bel1 Win User

Cannot set up PIN after Creators Update

In this case, we recommend to repair and set up a new PIN by doing the following steps:

• Open File Explorer and browser to this location:
    C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC

• Delete everything within that folder. You must be logged in as the Administrator to do this.
    • Go to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in Options.
    • Click Add a PIN again and set your PIN.
    • PIN sign in should work moving forward.

Let us know if the steps above works.

Rey Bel1, May 24, 2020
  3. Pinning "Settings" to the Taskbar

I've tried both suggestions. But thanks to your(?) earlier post, I do have an icon pinned to the taskbar for settings.

Both were my posts why cant i set up a pin? :) In fact, at first I forgot to post the usual steps to pin Settings to taskbar, and rather complicated (which I thought) by suggesting you create a shortcut. Hence the 2nd post. Anyway, glad the shortcut method helped.

Ramesh Srinivasan, May 24, 2020
  4. why cant i set up a pin?

PIN at start up

Hi Scott,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to Change PIN password:

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then Click on accounts.
    • Then on the left hand side click on sign in options.
    • Then you can Select Change PIN password and remove the pin.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 24, 2020
Thema:

why cant i set up a pin?

1. why cant i set up a pin? - Similar Threads - why cant set

2. Setting up PIN

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Setting up PIN: I recently reformatted my laptop and forgot to sign out of windows, now my recent PIN is no longer available due to change in security system, it said. But whenever I try 'set up my PIN' the screen says my user profile cannot be loaded....
  3. Set up pin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set up pin.: Hi so before I can get to homescreen i have to put my pin in.But , it says Something happened and your PIN isint available. Click to set up your PIN again. All fine bit when I press it it throws me back at the sam screen again and i have tried the safe restart thing.Any help...
  4. cant set up new pc stuck at pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant set up new pc stuck at pin: new pc, setting up account, had to use me phone email BTY. when I get to set up a pin it sais oops something went wrong and am stuck with that screen, will not skip or retry, turn pc off and starts at same screen...
  5. cant set up new pc stuck at pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant set up new pc stuck at pin: new pc, setting up account, had to use me phone email BTY. when I get to set up a pin it sais oops something went wrong and am stuck with that screen, will not skip or retry, turn pc off and starts at same screen...
  6. Why can't I set up a Windows Hello pin?

Why can't I set up a Windows Hello pin?: Hi. I have just purchased a new Lenovo IdeaPad with Windows 11. Every time I sign in, it tells me to set up a Windows Hello pin, but when I try to I get an error message. I am able to skip it, but it makes the process of signing in very lengthy and frustrating. I would...
  7. Why can't I set up a Windows Hello pin?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I set up a Windows Hello pin?: Hi. I have just purchased a new Lenovo IdeaPad with Windows 11. Every time I sign in, it tells me to set up a Windows Hello pin, but when I try to I get an error message. I am able to skip it, but it makes the process of signing in very lengthy and frustrating. I would...
  8. Setting up a pin

Setting up a pin: Hello, I am trying to set up a pin for my Microsoft laptop but I get this message "Something went wrong We weren't able to set up your PIN. You can try again, or skip this step and set up a PIN later." I tried trying again, skipping the step and trying again later nothing...
  9. Setting up a pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Setting up a pin: Im trying to set up a pin but when I do it shows a black tab then it turns white and turns off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-up-a-pin/0eabbb62-0c5c-49a8-95d0-3c23a35d7a0e
  10. Cant set up pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cant set up pin: I just got a new Windows Laptop and whenever I try to add a new account to the device, it asks me to set up a pin for it. It then says "We were unable to set up your pin" so I clicked "Skip for now" and then it just restarts my computer every time and I can't sign into my...