Windows 10: Why can't i shrink the disk more than 656MB, i have almost 300GB free

Discus and support Why can't i shrink the disk more than 656MB, i have almost 300GB free in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/georgio_armani69 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/georgio_armani69, Jun 30, 2020 at 1:42 PM.

1. Why can't i shrink the disk more than 656MB, i have almost 300GB free

/u/georgio_armani69, Jun 30, 2020 at 1:42 PM
  2. АМ. Win User

Can't shrink system disk

Hello, fellows!

Can someone provide advice - why I can't shrink a disk that's almost 3/4 free?

Ever before it was shrinkable with no problem.

As u can see on the screensot, I can shrink disk 7GB only, while ever before I could shrink it any volume I wished.

It's needed to run Intel Performance Maximizer - it works from a separate 16GB volume only.

Why can't i shrink the disk more than 656MB, i have almost 300GB free 8c20562a-66d4-438b-b45c-40015dc2d09e?upload=true.png

3. Can't shrink volume more than 10 GB.

Thanks for help guys. I'm trying to shrink because i will make it recovery disc. I also read something about 3rd party programs can break my pc, it can be unbootable. Can't i do that without 3rd party programs?

4. lx07 Win User

Why can't i shrink the disk more than 656MB, i have almost 300GB free

Can't shrink volume more than 10 GB.

If you don't have and can't afford a backup drive then this is a problem. You could try disabling pagefile as Windows *does* put this after other files and it will stop you being able to shrink the size of C so much as disk management will see files there.

If it still doesn't work then I would suggest trying Partition Wizard.

You are aware of course that making backup to the same disk involves risk as if that disk fails you have no backup.

Thema:

Why can't i shrink the disk more than 656MB, i have almost 300GB free

1. Why can't i shrink the disk more than 656MB, i have almost 300GB free - Similar Threads - Why can't shrink

2. I have yet to have a windows 10 installation last more than a week...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have yet to have a windows 10 installation last more than a week...: Oh, OEM installs as well... To be honest I hate this OS more than my Ex Wife, if there was anything even remotely plausible as an alternative I would run it. Please, listen, for once. All of those apps you want us to use, they suck, Windows Defender runs 50% CPU and...
  3. windows apps folder in drive D take more than 300GB

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows apps folder in drive D take more than 300GB: this happend to me after instal PSO2 and every time my pc get shutdown/restart, the game need to instal again, after that i see my drive D almost full it's save to delete that folder?...
  4. I have a problem and I can't figure out why

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have a problem and I can't figure out why: I have recently realized that everytime I open up the settings, my whole screen turns pitch black (like not even open black) but when it is opened up in windowed, my screens just as fine. I think I may have messed with something that I can't think of right now but it will be...
  5. I have 90 gb free on my ssd, but disk management will only let me shrink 4 gb. I need it to...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have 90 gb free on my ssd, but disk management will only let me shrink 4 gb. I need it to...: submitted by /u/Ra1n69 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dzmxu7/i_have_90_gb_free_on_my_ssd_but_disk_management/
  6. Can't shrink system disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't shrink system disk: Hello, fellows! Can someone provide advice - why I can't shrink a disk that's almost 3/4 free? Ever before it was shrinkable with no problem. As u can see on the screensot, I can shrink disk 7GB only, while ever before I could shrink it any volume I wished. It's...
  7. Why do I need to pay for more storage than I have on my laptop?

Why do I need to pay for more storage than I have on my laptop?: Syncing my device to OneDrive is the default option suggested by Microsoft at setup (it's an HP laptop running Windows 10). I am not especially tech-savvy, and the option was framed in a way that described OneDrive as protecting my files, and implied that they would be backed...
  8. Can't shrink volume more than 10 GB.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't shrink volume more than 10 GB.: Hello everyone, I need to shrink 100 GB of my Harddsik. It says you cant shrink more than 10 GB: https://gyazo.com/14fe1363b6d1ad13b57f2a2ec7e089ee I did everything from this video. It didn't change anything: How to shrink a volume beyond the point if size of available...
  9. Can't shrink volume more than 10 GB.

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't shrink volume more than 10 GB.: Hello everyone, I need to shrink 100 GB of my Harddsik. It says you cant shrink more than 10 GB: https://gyazo.com/14fe1363b6d1ad13b57f2a2ec7e089ee I did everything from this video. It didn't change anything: How to shrink a volume beyond the point if size of available...
  10. windows 10 can't shrink hard disk C: as much as I want

windows 10 can't shrink hard disk C: as much as I want: Hi there Microsoft, I'm trying to shrink some GB from my hard disk C: to add it to D: because D: is on low free space and when I try to shrink C: it doesn't let me shrink as much as the free space that C: has, what I mean is that C: has like 150+ GB and it lets me to shrink...