Windows 10: Why can't i shutdown my windows 10 laptop using the start menu?

Discus and support Why can't i shutdown my windows 10 laptop using the start menu? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; when i use the start menu to shutdown my windows 10 laptop, it doesn't shutdown.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MikeM425, Apr 29, 2019.

1. MikeM425 Win User

Why can't i shutdown my windows 10 laptop using the start menu?

when i use the start menu to shutdown my windows 10 laptop, it doesn't shutdown.

:)

MikeM425, Apr 29, 2019
  2. scevism Win User
    scevism, Apr 29, 2019
  3. Jetster Win User
    Jetster, Apr 29, 2019
  4. Why can't i shutdown my windows 10 laptop using the start menu?

Shutdown problem on my Windows 10 laptop.

Hello,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issues with the shutdown function of your laptop:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar beside the Windows icon.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the results.
    • Under System and Security, select Fix Problems with Windows Update.
    • Choose Troubleshoot as an Administrator.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Apr 29, 2019
Thema:

Why can't i shutdown my windows 10 laptop using the start menu?

1. Why can't i shutdown my windows 10 laptop using the start menu? - Similar Threads - Why can't shutdown

2. Why can't I drag a folder to the right side of the start menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why can't I drag a folder to the right side of the start menu?: I'm in the process of trying to put a shortcut to a folder on the right side of the Start menu. The most obvious approach to me is to drag it from Windows File Explorer onto the rightside of the Start menu which gets me the below response denying the action. Why is this? A...
  3. I Can't Use Bluetooth On My Windows 10 Laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I Can't Use Bluetooth On My Windows 10 Laptop: I want to use my Bluetooth headphones on my Windows 10 laptop, but I never have before. I tried to connect them, but my on/off button is missing and my Bluetooth button is also missing from my Device Manager. I have tried "Show Hidden Devices", but it wasn't there either. I...
  4. I can't press start button and My laptop cant shutdown properly

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't press start button and My laptop cant shutdown properly: Sometimes my start button on my windows 10 could not work, I could not even press my start button. Then I have tried shutting down my Laptop and it could not shut down. Therefore, I would force to press my power button to shut it down. Anyone can help me fix this problem?...
  5. Why are my desktop folders on my start menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why are my desktop folders on my start menu?: I was looking around tonight at my windows 10 settings and I clicked on the start menu ( which I use StarDock to make Win 10 start menu look like win 7 start menu ) and there are desktop folder on my start menu. I checked settings to see what should be on my start menu and...
  6. Why can't I sign into Windows 10 using my Microsoft account on my Desktop, but I can use...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why can't I sign into Windows 10 using my Microsoft account on my Desktop, but I can use...: I can use my Microsoft account password to login to my other Windows devices and web sites, but my desktop gives me a message saying my password is incorrect. I'm using Windows 10 Pro. It not connecting to the internet either and it has an Ethernet connection. There are 3...
  7. Why can't I play a dvd on my computer? I use windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why can't I play a dvd on my computer? I use windows 10: Help I can't play a DVD on my computer?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/why-cant-i-play-a-dvd-on-my-computer-i-use-windows/3e9017fc-0353-4443-8b91-d0490589470e
  8. Why can't I click on my Start Menu (sometimes)?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I click on my Start Menu (sometimes)?: I am running Windows 10 on a 15 month old Dell laptop. Starting yesterday, I've been having trouble clicking on items on the Windows Start Menu. When I try to launch an app by clicking on a Start Menu icon, no border is drawn around the icon and the app won't launch. This...
  9. My Laptop Not Shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    My Laptop Not Shutdown: My laptop was working fine ,after complete my work when i try for shut down of laptop but it is not shutdown . what is this problem and how fix this problem? 59635
  10. Can't change my start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't change my start menu: Hi ever since I had first installed Win10 my start menu has looked like this, [img] I thought nothing of it but my dad's start menu has tiles and things on it and I like it a lot more. But I have NO IDEA how to change it to that. Sometimes when I start windows the start...