Windows 10: Why cant I sign in to my Microsoft Account on my desktop ?

Discus and support Why cant I sign in to my Microsoft Account on my desktop ? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows 10, with latest updates on a 32 bit desktop. Anything that tries to display the 'Microsoft Account' window displays a dark window titled... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by phil_harris, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Why cant I sign in to my Microsoft Account on my desktop ?

Windows 10, with latest updates on a 32 bit desktop.

Anything that tries to display the 'Microsoft Account' window displays a dark window titled 'Microsoft Account' briefly then closes it:

• 'Accounts/Info/Sign in with a Microsoft Account instead' fails
    • 'Accounts/Family/Sign in with a Microsoft Account' fails
    • 'Accounts/Email/Add a work or school account' fails.

• Account/Sync is disabled.

• Cant sign into Windows Store.

• Sticky Notes cant sign in.

• Outlook app wont allow me to use my account.

• Security/'Account protection' wants me to 'Sign in with Microsoft' but clicking that just throws up a big window for a moment.

But OneDrive signs in fine.

I can sign in to account.microsoft.com and outlook.com fine.

If I log in to the pc with another local account, accessing my Microsoft Account works perfectly.

All was working fine a few weeks ago. Laptop works fine.

dism reports all ok.

sfc reports all ok.

-------------------

Just found the 'Diagnostic Data Viewer' and it has 250 'Problem Reports' like this:

Microsoft account

Description

Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\WWAHost.exe

Creation Time: 15/02/2020 18:01:20

Problem: App unhandled script exception

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: WWAJSE

PackageFullPath: Microsoft.Windows.CloudExperienceHost_10.0.18362.449_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy

AppName: App

RestrictedStackHash: e3b0

ExceptionType: FFFFFFFD

Filename: null

SourcePosition: 0_0

Extra information about the problem

Bucket ID: 06f15abfec3dfd0c3cdd51b5d618008c 2079908444337864844

:)

phil_harris, Feb 16, 2020
  2. Teokute Win User

Cannot sign in microsoft account.

My device: Lumia 520. GDR2.
    I cannot sign in my Microsoft account on my device. It didnt say any error but Microsoft account is not listed in Email and account list. When I click add button, it will show microsoft account option but after press sign in, it is still not shown in email
    and account. Another problem is i cannot delete facebook account. Error code: 0x83cf1202. I have tried as suggested here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2475837/en-us#step0x83cf1202 but as my Microsoft account is not shown, I cannot do step 6. Why cant I sign in to my Microsoft Account on my desktop ? :(

Any suggestion?

Teokute, Feb 16, 2020
  3. sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Feb 16, 2020
  4. Why cant I sign in to my Microsoft Account on my desktop ?

signing into microsoft account

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to us. We apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Accounts.
    • In the left pane, click on sign-in options.
    • In the right pane select Never from the drop down list for the option
      Require sign-in.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 16, 2020
Thema:

Why cant I sign in to my Microsoft Account on my desktop ?

1. Why cant I sign in to my Microsoft Account on my desktop ? - Similar Threads - Why cant sign

2. Cant sign in my microsft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant sign in my microsft account: Hi Iam struggling to sign in my microsoft account to purchase apps on the store it hans on just a moment or error to sign in but if i sign in with someone elses account it signs in is something wrong with my account or settings...
  3. I cant sign in to my microsoft account on my new laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I cant sign in to my microsoft account on my new laptop: Hi! I have bought new laptop and tried to sign in to my Microsoft account in my new laptop but it's always been failed. it always says Oops, something went wrong Whatever happened, it was probably our fault. Please try again. why is that? fyi, I could sign in and out...
  4. i cant sign my switch account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cant sign my switch account: so I'm trying to sign my switch Minecraft dungeons into my Microsoft but when i search for the link sight it just has me sign into my Microsoft account on my computer but then there's no were to link my switch....
  5. I cant sign into my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cant sign into my microsoft account: After i updated my Minecraft ps4 to bedrock edition i couldn't sign into my microsoft account,please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-sign-into-my-microsoft-account/2f421160-b304-4e53-be38-eef4f4f499f6
  6. Why can't I sign into my Microsoft One drive account?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why can't I sign into my Microsoft One drive account?: Why can't I sign into my Microsoft One drive account? Do I need to sign in to access Microsoft Solitaire Collection? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-sign-into-my-microsoft-one-drive/4937280e-8aa2-4cab-9e7c-d42666e87b23"
  7. Why can't I sign in to Microsoft Solitaire Collection with my Microsoft Account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why can't I sign in to Microsoft Solitaire Collection with my Microsoft Account?: When I sign in to Microsoft Solitaire Collection, the following open in a pop-up window: You’re signed in to this game on another device. What would you like to do? This will sign you out of the other device. When I select Sign in here, the Main Menu opens as usual and I...
  8. Why can't I sign in to my microsoft account?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Why can't I sign in to my microsoft account?: I keep having trouble signing in to my microsoft account. I keep getting a note that there is a problem with my microsoft account and to fix it I need to sign in, I get past the first hurdle, then when I am told I need to use my email address to sign in and when I type in my...
  9. Why can't I sign into Windows 10 using my Microsoft account on my Desktop, but I can use...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why can't I sign into Windows 10 using my Microsoft account on my Desktop, but I can use...: I can use my Microsoft account password to login to my other Windows devices and web sites, but my desktop gives me a message saying my password is incorrect. I'm using Windows 10 Pro. It not connecting to the internet either and it has an Ethernet connection. There are 3...
  10. Cant sign into my Microsoft Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cant sign into my Microsoft Account: I am having trouble getting my microsoft apps connect to the internet. I first noticed that my windows store wouldnt connect. I search online, found a few things to try but nothing helped, I tried signing out of my Microsoft account with the intention of restarting and...