Windows 10: Why can't I stop automatic updates?

Discus and support Why can't I stop automatic updates? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've tried to disable the updates several times, I've followed all the instructions on each of the previous posts on this subject. Nothing works and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jeanettejk, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Why can't I stop automatic updates?

I've tried to disable the updates several times, I've followed all the instructions on each of the previous posts on this subject. Nothing works and I really think Microsoft is just giving a bunch of excuses and not giving anyone the real truth. I hate that every time an update happens, items are added, settings changed, security disabled and my sound is all screwed up. This is MY computer, where does MS feel they have the right to make changes to it at your will? I want to know how these updates can be turned off FOR GOOD. I will decide if I want to download an update once I know what is in it. Can someone please tell me how to make this assault on my computer stop?

:)

Jeanettejk, Jul 29, 2020

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Jul 29, 2020
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Why can't I stop automatic updates? :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Jul 29, 2020
  4. ram93 Win User

Why can't I stop automatic updates?

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

Why can't I stop automatic updates?

1. Why can't I stop automatic updates? - Similar Threads - Why can't stop

2. Why can't I update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I update?: I need your help if you can tell me what this error is and how to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-update/9711093c-4c71-4611-8989-bc366141017a
  3. Why can't I update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I update?: I need your help if you can tell me what this error is and how to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-update/9711093c-4c71-4611-8989-bc366141017a
  4. Why can't I update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to stop automatic updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop automatic updates: Windows 10 Pro v22H2. Used to be able to download.install Windows 10 updates when the computer wasn't being used for anything else. Windows updates automatically downloads and install on their own. How are automatic updates turned off?...
  6. How to stop automatic updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop automatic updates: Windows 10 Pro v22H2. Used to be able to download.install Windows 10 updates when the computer wasn't being used for anything else. Windows updates automatically downloads and install on their own. How are automatic updates turned off?...
  7. Want to stop automatic Windows updates + Why can't I update to 20H2 windows

Want to stop automatic Windows updates + Why can't I update to 20H2 windows: I've tried to update to Windows 20H2 but every attempt has been unsuccesful, so at this moment I just want to stop it from attempting an update every night and morning It has already managed to disrupt one of my classes. I spoke to someone on microsoft support, they wold me...
  8. How to stop automatic updates

How to stop automatic updates: I do not want Microsoft interrupting valuable scientific data crunching on my computer because it wants to force an update. Data has been crunching for a few days and now it wants to do an update while there are potentially many weeks left of data calculations. How do I...
  9. Can I Stop automatic updating/restarting?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I Stop automatic updating/restarting?: I am having issues when the pc is turned on/booted, it gets stuck before windows loads. Sometimes it gets stuck showing "i-obit defrag" at startup. I have uninstalled the i-obit software; but, this defrag at startup is still active. Because of this, it takes me multiple tries...
  10. How do I stop automatic updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I stop automatic updates?: Hi everyone, I hate Windows 10 because it updates without my consent and slows my computer down a lot. I'd like to be notified that new updates are available and give my OK to download and install them. Can anyone help me please? 10707