Windows 10: Why can't I turn on "connected home" lights in Cortana using the PC keyboard?

Discus and support Why can't I turn on "connected home" lights in Cortana using the PC keyboard? in Cortana to solve the problem; I can say "Hey Cortana, turn on den lights" and it works fine. But I can't open Cortana and TYPE "turn on den lights". If I do that, it tries to... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by MarkTiede, Feb 13, 2019.

1. MarkTiede Win User

Why can't I turn on "connected home" lights in Cortana using the PC keyboard?

I can say "Hey Cortana, turn on den lights" and it works fine. But I can't open Cortana and TYPE "turn on den lights". If I do that, it tries to search the web for it.

:)

MarkTiede, Feb 13, 2019
  2. remolanot Win User

Keyboard lights

1. Did you mean the keyboard backlight or indicator lights (i.e. Num Lock)?
    2. If your problem is about indicator lights, are you using a external keyboard?

--KEYBOARD BACKLIGHT--

Consult your laptop's manual downloaded from the internet. You might want to install some drivers in order to use the backlight.

--INDICATOR LIGHT--

1. LAPTOP KEYBOARD
      • If indicator light, try pressing the Caps Lock key and see if the caps lock light turned on. Same process for Scroll and Num lock.
      • Some laptops may show the "Caps Lock ON" in your laptop screen.
    2. EXTERNAL KEYBOARD (EITHER USB OR BLUETOOTH)
      • When you use the external keyboard, locate the "Caps Lock" key indicator light. Try pressing the "Caps Lock" and make sure if it is turned on. Same process for Scroll and Num Lock.

If these are not working, try installing or updating the drivers. You'll need to restart after installing.

remolanot, Feb 13, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Onn keyboard bluetooth doesn't lit the pairing light anymore how to reset??

ONN ONA14TA059 (01).pdf @ Manual Hub
    BTKB14TA059 Bluetooth Keyboard User Manual ONA14TA059_User Manul_Qi_Rev4_3-25-2014_1 Hung Tat Electronic Co Ltd

Why can't I turn on "connected home" lights in Cortana using the PC keyboard? 2248694-0-png.png

Cleaned up images --> *89401-c3b2c0611a0d4b0ab58658a310654d8f.jpg* *89402-061c03a36cff2dcf348e9fe177bbc1d5.jpg*

Quoted directions, as is, from link above:
    Google --> BTKB14TA059 Bluetooth Keyboard User Manual ONA14TA059_User Manul_Qi_Rev4_3-25-2014_1 Hung Tat Electronic Co Ltd

Hope it helps...

95Viper, Feb 13, 2019
  4. littlebee Win User

Lights on when PC is turned off

Hi,

I have a mouse and keyboard that have RGB lights. When I turn off my computer the lights stay on the keyboard and mouse (this happens when they are connected to the back of the computer, straight into the motherboard....

So I tried plugging them into the top front of the pc and the color lights don't come on.

Does this mean there's a problem with my motherboard?.

thanks.

littlebee, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Why can't I turn on "connected home" lights in Cortana using the PC keyboard? - Similar Threads - Why can't turn

2. Keyboard back-light not turning on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard back-light not turning on: Acer Aspire laptop keyboard back-light doesn't turn on when keyboard is touched. Any solution please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-back-light-not-turning-on/ccfb87a6-5c2b-4cce-b3db-1ebf3a2bd000
  3. Keyboard back-light not turning on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard back-light not turning on: Acer Aspire laptop keyboard back-light doesn't turn on when keyboard is touched. Any solution please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-back-light-not-turning-on/ccfb87a6-5c2b-4cce-b3db-1ebf3a2bd000
  4. Pc turn on light on everything in pc no mb light but no display no light on keyboard and mouse.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc turn on light on everything in pc no mb light but no display no light on keyboard and mouse.: I look up everything. I try resetting bios many time remount the ram multiple times as well as the gpu.My psu is doing fine. It still the same problem. I don't know what to do next. Also the cable of my hdmi is fine and try starting without the keyboard and mouse plug in...
  5. Pc turn on light on everything in pc no mb light but no display no light on keyboard and mouse.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc turn on light on everything in pc no mb light but no display no light on keyboard and mouse.: I look up everything. I try resetting bios many time remount the ram multiple times as well as the gpu.My psu is doing fine. It still the same problem. I don't know what to do next. Also the cable of my hdmi is fine and try starting without the keyboard and mouse plug in...
  6. turn on keyboard back light

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    turn on keyboard back light: I have a new HP Laptop. It says it has a backlight keyboard. Nothing they say to do is working to turn it on. ANY SUGGESTIONS. THANKS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-on-keyboard-back-light/edd36fcb-2c2c-4114-9b80-0a125a11aa5d
  7. Why does my keyboard light not turn on?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does my keyboard light not turn on?: At night, my keyboard used to light up, but now it doesn't. I haven't done anything to the laptop wrong and that's why I'm confused. Is there a setting to fix this issue?...
  8. Keyboard use of cortana

in Cortana
    Keyboard use of cortana: I do not have a microphone attached to my computer and can no longer use Cortana. How do I get back to using Cortana with keyboard entry? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-use-of-cortana/25583236-ca41-473f-9028-685e40a62f48"
  9. keyboard light won't turn on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    keyboard light won't turn on: keyboard light worked when i first took it out of the box, since then it hasn't. could an update affect that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-light-wont-turn-on/71ee5bfd-2f9c-4887-a4fc-4767feaebc3d
  10. Why can't I turn off Cortana?

in Cortana
    Why can't I turn off Cortana?: I have no use case for Cortana. I have no interest in Cortana. Cortana is merely a drain on my battery. Cortana also isn't available in all locations. It literally makes no sense to me why you won't allow users to just remove it....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why doesnt connected home show in cortana

2. why is cortana connected home not working

3. Hue Lights Update Cortana