Windows 10: Why can't I turn on WiFi hotspot with no internet connection????

Discus and support Why can't I turn on WiFi hotspot with no internet connection???? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This makes zero sense. The WiFi hotspot works just fine and nothing is amiss with the WiFi adapter drivers. But Windows 10 refuses to turn it on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JRC, Aug 2, 2020.

1. JRC
    JRC Win User

Why can't I turn on WiFi hotspot with no internet connection????

This makes zero sense.

The WiFi hotspot works just fine and nothing is amiss with the WiFi adapter drivers. But Windows 10 refuses to turn it on unless there's an internet connection at the time it's turned on. I can disconnect the internet after hotspot is turned on, and it keeps working.

But I need to use the WiFi hotspot mode often when no internet is available, and cannot because of this bug in Windows 10.

Very many people are frustrated by this same issue. Trying to use "Hosted Network" from command line fails with some lie about the adapter not supporting hotspot But hotspot works fine! Windows just has an unreasonable demand that internet be connected to turn it on!

Does anyone know how to fix this, or how to trick Windows 10 into thinking the internet is connected so we can use our hardware?

Many people would appreciate a solution, and Microsoft hasn't fixed this despite many updates.

-J

:)

2. No internet / wifi from hotspot

So I have a Surface Pro 4 running windows 10 was working perfect this morning on my normal wifi. I pack it up to go somewhere and when I try to connect it to an iphone or iPad hotspot I just got it connected but with no internet. Both the ipad and iphone were getting internet as I'm writing this from my ipad and doing things on my phone.

I tried resetting all of them and turning hotspot, bluetooth, wifi on and off.. I've had problems connecting pc's to apple hotspots before, normally just rebooting everything and toggling hotspot on/off does the trick.

I started reading some internet troubleshooting guides, one suggested I reset my network settings on my phone.

I did this - now the surface pro 4 won't even connect to it. It will see the wifi network but will not connect.

The ipad it connects but does not give me internet access.

I also tried my friends iphone hotspot to just make sure it wasn't something with my devices and it did the same thing.

Any ideas?

realtordcnova, Aug 2, 2020
  3. shihadsha Win User
    can't turn on wifi and hotspot.

I can't turn on wifi and hotspot

Original Title: wifi

shihadsha, Aug 2, 2020
  4. Why can't I turn on WiFi hotspot with no internet connection????

I want to Turn My PC Into WiFi Hotspot and Share your Internet Connection

Turn My PC Into WiFi Hotspot and Share my Internet Connection

I have done steps 1 and 2 (see below) and were carried out successfully. However, cannot carryout steps 3, 4 and 5. cant't seem to find them as indicted in windows 10.

• Step 1: Go To Window icon and Search for “Command Prompt” and run it as administrator.
    • Step 2: Now, to create a Hosted Network and start it, just enter the following two command into Command Prompt and Press Enter:
    • 1. netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=Mashnol key=Mashnol123
    • 2. netsh wlan start hostednetwork
    • : Now one Hosted Network ( ssid=”Mashnol”) is created.
    • Step 3 For this, Right Click on “WiFi” tray icon on taskbar –> Go To “Open Network and Sharing Centre”. Here you can see “LAN” with your SSID.
    • Step 4: Right Click on the Ethernet/Wireless Internet connection to which you want to make as a WiFi hotspot –> “Properties” –> Under “Sharing” Tab–> Tick Checkbox “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection”
      –> Now select “LAN” of your SSID from Drop Down Menu in “Home Networking Connection”.
    • Step 5: Setting part is done. Now you can connect your Mobile or other PC systems with this WiFi hotspot and enjoy Internet connection.

thanks

lifespan1000, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

Why can't I turn on WiFi hotspot with no internet connection????

1. Why can't I turn on WiFi hotspot with no internet connection???? - Similar Threads - Why can't turn

2. Windows 10 connects wifi but can't connect to internet when I connect to phone hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 connects wifi but can't connect to internet when I connect to phone hotspot: Hi I can connect to wifi without problem. Then I want to use my mobile phone as hotspot. It also connects to hotspot without problem. But It can't access any internet pages.Help please...
  3. Windows 10 connects wifi but can't connect to internet when I connect to phone hotspot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 connects wifi but can't connect to internet when I connect to phone hotspot: Hi I can connect to wifi without problem. Then I want to use my mobile phone as hotspot. It also connects to hotspot without problem. But It can't access any internet pages.Help please...
  4. I have an internet connection through WiFi and Ethernet, but when I turn mobile hotspot on,...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have an internet connection through WiFi and Ethernet, but when I turn mobile hotspot on,...: So I have an internet connection through WiFi and Ethernet, but when I turn the mobile hotspot on, there is no internet access on my laptop LENOVO IDEAPAD 310. But there is an internet access from my phone a device which is connected to the mobile hotspot from my laptop....
  5. I have an internet connection through WiFi and Ethernet, but when I turn mobile hotspot on,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have an internet connection through WiFi and Ethernet, but when I turn mobile hotspot on,...: So I have an internet connection through WiFi and Ethernet, but when I turn the mobile hotspot on, there is no internet access on my laptop LENOVO IDEAPAD 310. But there is an internet access from my phone a device which is connected to the mobile hotspot from my laptop....
  6. WiFi hotspot with no internet

WiFi hotspot with no internet: WiFi hotspot with no internet I want to use the WiFi hotspot to create a LAN without the unreasonable demand that I have an internet connection to enable this feature. Without an uplink, the WiFi hotspot switch is greyed out for no reason at all, and I'm informed it's...
  7. Tablet is connected to laptop WiFi hotspot but there is no internet

Tablet is connected to laptop WiFi hotspot but there is no internet: I can connect my tablet to the laptop WIFI hotspot. However I cannot connect to the internet because it says that there is no internet. I checked the issue with another tablet with the same result...
  8. baidu wifi hotspot internet connection

baidu wifi hotspot internet connection: baidu wifi hotspot internet connection windows 10 i have turn on inbuilt hotspot first before it works. please any help? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/baidu-wifi-hotspot-internet-connection/512c6e59-57d0-4e95-aa06-9444cf276483
  9. I want to Turn My PC Into WiFi Hotspot and Share your Internet Connection

I want to Turn My PC Into WiFi Hotspot and Share your Internet Connection: Turn My PC Into WiFi Hotspot and Share my Internet Connection I have done steps 1 and 2 (see below) and were carried out successfully. However, cannot carryout steps 3, 4 and 5. cant't seem to find them as indicted in windows 10. Step 1: Go To Window icon and Search for...
  10. Internet connection from WiFi Hotspot

Internet connection from WiFi Hotspot: I have setup a WiFi Hotspot with MyPublicWiFi. Allowed Sharing in Local Area Connection *2. Everything seems to be in order as the Screenshot shows. But when I try to connect a mobile it gets connected to "MyPublicWiFi", no internet sharing from the USB Modem. I am on Windows...