Windows 10: Why can't I type anything in the log in zone

Discus and support Why can't I type anything in the log in zone in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I just resetted my pc, here's a video:https://youtu.be/JJSyAtcpvYo?si=0ZIbW2TLVUH22HdP... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Azer Ben Romdhane, May 24, 2024.

1. Why can't I type anything in the log in zone

I just resetted my pc, here's a video:https://youtu.be/JJSyAtcpvYo?si=0ZIbW2TLVUH22HdP

:)

Azer Ben Romdhane, May 24, 2024

2. Can't change time zone

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to set the correct time zone after resetting the PC.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 installed on the PC? (Type
      winver
      in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the PC?
    • Are you logged in to the PC as an Administrator user?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to refer the below steps to re-register windows time service.

1. Click on Start menu and type
      CMD, right click on CMD and select Run as Administrator.
    2. Copy and paste the command and press Enter:
      w32tm /register
    3. Restart the PC and then try setting the time Zone

Also, we would suggest you to check the Windows time service.

1. Press Window + R key and type
      services.msc, click OK
    2. Scroll down and select
      Windows time
      service
    3. Double click on the service and set the
      Startup type to Automatic
    4. Then Start the service.

If the issue persists, then we would suggest you to create a new administrator user account and check, refer this article to
    create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10.

Let us know the results. We will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, May 24, 2024
  3. Fluctuating Time Zone Setting

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I would suggest you to check if the values for “set time automatically” and “set time zone automatically” under Date and Time settings are “ON”. If not, then suggest you to make the vale to “ON” and check for the status.

If the issue still persists, follow the steps provided below:

• Press Windows key + R, type services.msc and press Enter.
    • Locate Windows Time from the list and double click on the service.
    • In Genereal tab, set the Startup type to Automatic.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 24, 2024
  4. Why can't I type anything in the log in zone

Time zone resets to Pacific automatically

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to set the correct time zone on the PC.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 installed on the PC? (Type
      winver
      in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the PC?
    • Are you aware of any changes on the PC prior to this issue?
    • Are you logged in to the PC as an Administrator user?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to refer the below steps to re-register windows time service.

1. Click on Start menu and type
      CMD, right click on CMD and select Run as Administrator.
    2. Copy and paste the command and press Enter:
      w32tm /register
    3. Restart the PC and then try setting the time Zone

Also, we would suggest you to check the Windows time service.

1. Press Window + R key and type
      services.msc, click OK
    2. Scroll down and select
      Windows time
      service
    3. Double click on the service and set the
      Startup type to Automatic
    4. Then Start the service.

If the issue persists, then we would suggest you to create a new administrator user account for troubleshooting purpose and check, refer this article to
    create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10.

Let us know the results. We will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, May 24, 2024
Thema:

Why can't I type anything in the log in zone

1. Why can't I type anything in the log in zone - Similar Threads - Why can't type

2. why can't i access anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why can't i access anything: I AM SO FED UP WITH MAKING ACCOUNT AFTER ACCOUNT AFTER ACCOUNT. LEAVE MESSAGES NOBODY RESPONDS. SO ABSOLUTELY PROFESSIONAL. THIS IS WHY I PERSONALLY WILL NEVER PAY FOR ANY MICROSOFT PRODUCTS. EVERYTHING ABOUT IT SUCKS. I WANT TO KNOW WHY I HAVE TO MAKE SO MANY DAMN ACCOUNTS....
  3. why can't i access anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why can't i access anything: I AM SO FED UP WITH MAKING ACCOUNT AFTER ACCOUNT AFTER ACCOUNT. LEAVE MESSAGES NOBODY RESPONDS. SO ABSOLUTELY PROFESSIONAL. THIS IS WHY I PERSONALLY WILL NEVER PAY FOR ANY MICROSOFT PRODUCTS. EVERYTHING ABOUT IT SUCKS. I WANT TO KNOW WHY I HAVE TO MAKE SO MANY DAMN ACCOUNTS....
  4. Why I can't to login the device? I can't type my password or anything

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Why I can't to login the device? I can't type my password or anything: I can't to type anything on lockscreen.. like password.. It's doesn't proper working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-cant-to-login-the-device-i-cant-type-my/47ae8157-a78d-4db5-be61-6954e47275e9
  5. Why I can't to login the device? I can't type my password or anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why I can't to login the device? I can't type my password or anything: I can't to type anything on lockscreen.. like password.. It's doesn't proper working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-cant-to-login-the-device-i-cant-type-my/47ae8157-a78d-4db5-be61-6954e47275e9
  6. Why I can't to login the device? I can't type my password or anything

7. Why can't i download anything???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't i download anything???: Every time I go to download an app it say there is a problem with my account and tells me to sign into accout.live, I have done this multuple times and the same thing happens. If I try to click the next button the tap closes itself. Could it be something my school installed?...
  8. Why can't i download anything???

Why can't i download anything???: Every time I go to download an app it say there is a problem with my account and tells me to sign into accout.live, I have done this multuple times and the same thing happens. If I try to click the next button the tap closes itself. Could it be something my school installed?...
  9. I can't type anything in windows search.

in Cortana
    I can't type anything in windows search.: I can't type anything in windows search, or in file explorer, or in search in windows settings, I did sfc /scannow and also scan health and restore health and also updated to latest and also virus scan , I can type in browsers and in notepad and in wordpad, it happened as I...
  10. Why can't I type anything into the Microsoft Support Chat?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why can't I type anything into the Microsoft Support Chat?: Why can't I type anything into the Microsoft Support Chat? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-type-anything-into-the-microsoft/5c8f2bf3-41c4-4f40-babe-1011a545d95a