Windows 10: Why can't I uninstall Team-machine wide installer?

Discus and support Why can't I uninstall Team-machine wide installer? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When I tried to uninstall "Team-machine wide installer", a message popped up saying "The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LeoZhang7, Nov 23, 2020.

1. LeoZhang7 Win User

Why can't I uninstall Team-machine wide installer?

When I tried to uninstall "Team-machine wide installer", a message popped up saying "The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur if the Windows installer is not correctly installed." How do you resolve this problem and is "team-machine-wide installer needed?

:)

LeoZhang7, Nov 23, 2020

2. Uninstall problem for Teams Machine-Wide Installer

Thanks for responding. I ran the script and it removed teams but not the machine wide installer. Im still not able to access that myself either. I tried reboot in safe mode but bitlocker asked for my recovery key and that stumped me.

Sylvilagus, Nov 23, 2020
  3. Uninstall problem for Teams Machine-Wide Installer

I am a relative novice with Windows 10. Recently my lap top became overwhelmed and locked up due to Teams eating up CPU time at 90-100%. Task Manager showed three different tasks running as Teams. Perhaps this was a major update but it lasted all day. I
    have no use for Teams and would like to uninstall it but the directions proved do not work for me. I can uninstall Teams but every time I try to uninstall Teams Machine-Wide Installer I am told

"Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permission."

So of course Teams reinstalls and the problem starts over again. I am the only user and a far as I can tell I am the administrator.

What gives? Its infuriating that software I don't want and never asked for ends up on my computer and I have to waste all this time trying to remove it.

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Sylvilagus, Nov 23, 2020
  4. FranceneH Win User

Uninstalling Microsoft Teams

Thank you so much, it did help. As soon as I uninstalled MS Teams Machine-wide it automatically uninstalled MS teams.

FranceneH, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Why can't I uninstall Team-machine wide installer? - Similar Threads - Why can't uninstall

2. Why can't I uninstall Yandex?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I uninstall Yandex?: Hi,I've downloaded Yandex a few days ago got forced to download it from one of those weird websites and I've tried to remove it but I kept failing. I've only tried removing it from settings and putting it in the recycle bin and emptying it, but it still won't go away. I...
  3. Why can't I uninstall Yandex?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I uninstall Yandex?: Hi,I've downloaded Yandex a few days ago got forced to download it from one of those weird websites and I've tried to remove it but I kept failing. I've only tried removing it from settings and putting it in the recycle bin and emptying it, but it still won't go away. I...
  4. i can't open teams

i can't open teams: I can't open teams on my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-teams/644a5588-a83f-4d40-93e2-68a51934bc71
  5. Unable to get Microsoft Teams Machine Wide installer to work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to get Microsoft Teams Machine Wide installer to work: Microsoft Teams Machine Wide Installer -- Tried following this to start: Bulk install Teams using Windows Installer MSI - Microsoft Teams Microsoft LearnInstalled the newest version on my Windows 11 PC and I can't get teams to install without going into C:\Program Files...
  6. Unable to get Microsoft Teams Machine Wide installer to work

Unable to get Microsoft Teams Machine Wide installer to work: Microsoft Teams Machine Wide Installer -- Tried following this to start: Bulk install Teams using Windows Installer MSI - Microsoft Teams Microsoft LearnInstalled the newest version on my Windows 11 PC and I can't get teams to install without going into C:\Program Files...
  7. I can't login in teams

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can't login in teams: I can't login teams https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-login-in-teams/62e795a3-ce6f-43cf-8e5b-9208eb704db4
  8. Can't install on an older machine

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't install on an older machine: I'm trying to install Windows 10 on a P4HT (dual-core 64bit) IBM. I have tried flashing the ISO to a USB stick, copying the ISO onto a Ventoy USB stick and doing the first part of the install on another machine. Doing either of the USB methods I get a black screen with a...
  9. Uninstall problem for Teams Machine-Wide Installer

Uninstall problem for Teams Machine-Wide Installer: I am a relative novice with Windows 10. Recently my lap top became overwhelmed and locked up due to Teams eating up CPU time at 90-100%. Task Manager showed three different tasks running as Teams. Perhaps this was a major update but it lasted all day. I have no use for Teams...
  10. Uninstalling Microsoft Teams

Uninstalling Microsoft Teams: Cannot uninstall Microsoft Teams after 2 weeks of trying it will not go away. Tried turning off app at startup but that did not work. Everyday it takes 3 times to uninstall completely but it comes back after turning off computer. What can I do to resolve this issue?...