Windows 10: Why can't I uninstall the most recent windows update?

Discus and support Why can't I uninstall the most recent windows update? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Every time there's an update it just makes everything worse. I keep turning off windows update and it turns itself back on. The most recent one ruined... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JadeElliott2, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Why can't I uninstall the most recent windows update?

Every time there's an update it just makes everything worse. I keep turning off windows update and it turns itself back on. The most recent one ruined the search bar. Now when I type "Run" or "Paint" instead of opening up the program it just does a bing search for those 2 things. Who would want that? Who thought it was a good idea to program it that way? Who is the one that made this update mandatory with no say from the customer? Why do you people feel the need to keep pumping out updates that only do harm? I've spent so much money on this computer and you people have made it worse and worse.

:)

JadeElliott2, Sep 15, 2021

2. Uninstalling recent update

I am running Windows 10 version 1909 and yesterday I had an automatic update of KB4549951. I have read recently that there are associated problems with this update and I have noticed that my computer is running much slower than before the update. I have
    tried to uninstall the update and followed all the steps associated with doing so. However, when I highlight the update in the control panel list I do not have an uninstall button to press to continue the procedure. Can anyone advise why this is happening?
    Thanks

vincenthorler, Sep 15, 2021
  3. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Why can't I uninstall the most recent windows update? :confused:

oli_ramsay, Sep 15, 2021
  4. slozomby Win User

Why can't I uninstall the most recent windows update?

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Sep 15, 2021
Thema:

Why can't I uninstall the most recent windows update?

1. Why can't I uninstall the most recent windows update? - Similar Threads - Why can't uninstall

2. Most recent updates will not install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Most recent updates will not install: I am having no success in installing new updates on my Windows 10 computer. I have received various error messages that all ultimately result in BSoDs. I have tried clearing my SoftwareDistribution folder, all to no avail.The updates in question are the KB2267602, the...
  3. Can't Use Computer After Most Recent Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Use Computer After Most Recent Update: I was prompted to download and install the new Windows 11, version 22H2 and now my computer appears to be unusable.It took more than 3 hours of updating before giving me a blue screen with two options: Troubleshoot or Turn Off the PC. None of the default repair options do...
  4. Can't Use Computer After Most Recent Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Use Computer After Most Recent Update: I was prompted to download and install the new Windows 11, version 22H2 and now my computer appears to be unusable.It took more than 3 hours of updating before giving me a blue screen with two options: Troubleshoot or Turn Off the PC. None of the default repair options do...
  5. Can't Use Computer After Most Recent Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Most Recent Windows 10 Update

Most Recent Windows 10 Update: I got that big update in the last 10 days. On its way to the desktop, it showed some new things. I was in a hurry and skipped past it. Is there a way to get back to that OR is there a list of new features available? One thing that I keep running into and don't know how I am...
  7. The most recent Windows update is not completing.

The most recent Windows update is not completing.: The most recent windows update is hanging after the restart and before you get to the log in screen. The message shows that updates are 100% complete, but it never gets past that point. All you see is a black screen with the message at the bottom that says Updates 100%...
  8. Most recent updates

Most recent updates: How do I know I'm operating on updated version of Microsoft windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/most-recent-updates/88d75eee-19a0-4633-962f-17af33c3dab4
  9. Updated to the most recent windows update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Updated to the most recent windows update: I updated to the most recent windows update and I keep on getting the bsod for random reasons each time. I've ran the scannow and verify to make sure there are no bad drivers. I've reinstalled my amd drivers. Nothing is overclocked either. It's exactly the same way it was...
  10. Most recent update

Most recent update: I am an "Insider" and have installed the latest update. All sorts of strange things have started to happen. Examples: 1. The audio out on my camera no longer works for conversations on Skype. 2, The voice recorder no longer works. 3, When I try to open Edge I receive the...