Windows 10: Why cant i update drivers with Windows Update? this is my personal PC i have no idea why it...

Discus and support Why cant i update drivers with Windows Update? this is my personal PC i have no idea why it... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; why does it say this? ive reset group policy but nothing is working. i also have to reach a character requirement so i'm gonna just keep tying.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Hi, Apr 22, 2021.

1. HI
    Hi Win User

Why cant i update drivers with Windows Update? this is my personal PC i have no idea why it...

why does it say this? ive reset group policy but nothing is working. i also have to reach a character requirement so i'm gonna just keep tying.

:)

2. XVI
    xvi Win User

Driver update software

Windows Update should have a considerable amount of good drivers. They'll be listed under the "Optional Updates" section. That should give you rather good functionality right off the bat. If it's a branded PC, latest drivers will likely have to come from the manufacturer's website. For the most part, built-in drivers should be Good Enough™

I don't think I've run across an automagic driver installer that wasn't loaded with malware.

3. btarunr Win User
    NVIDIA Adds Windows 8 to GeForce Driver Update Stack

AMD may have been the first to be out with drivers for its Radeon GPUs that are optimized for Windows 8 (WDDM 1.2), but NVIDIA went a step ahead of "special-releases" for its GeForce drivers, and added Windows 8 to its update stack, meaning that Windows 8 will feature in the list of operating systems to pick from, to download drivers. NVIDIA will constantly update these drivers along with mainline releases for Windows 7/Vista and XP. The latest such driver is 296.17. This driver supports GeForce and Quadro GPUs, and according to NVIDIA, is a quick-update over 295.73 WHQL, with the addition of performance optimization for Blacklight: Retribution.

Why cant i update drivers with Windows Update? this is my personal PC i have no idea why it... 152a_thm.jpg

Source: VR-Zone

btarunr, Apr 22, 2021
  4. Why cant i update drivers with Windows Update? this is my personal PC i have no idea why it...

Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Apr 22, 2021
Thema:

Why cant i update drivers with Windows Update? this is my personal PC i have no idea why it...

1. Why cant i update drivers with Windows Update? this is my personal PC i have no idea why it... - Similar Threads - Why cant update

2. Why cant I update Windows 10 on my PC?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why cant I update Windows 10 on my PC?: I built a PC for the first time in summer ‘20. It works fine other than the fact that it will not update Windows 10. When I open Windows 10 Update Assistant it tells me I’m running version 1809, and the latest version is 20H2. Next page tells me my computer is compatible, and...
  3. WHy cant i uninstall drivers?

WHy cant i uninstall drivers?: i keep trying to uninstall my old wifi stick driver (even though all the files are long gone, it still shows up in control panel) but it says i need the "disk 1 that came with the installation" and i lost that disk a decade ago :/ submitted by /u/lib_h8tr [link]...
  4. why cant i install GTA on my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why cant i install GTA on my PC: why cant i install GTA on my PC after purchase please? Moved from: Outlook.com My Account and information Other https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-install-gta-on-my-pc/29a2c820-f26c-4e7e-9ac3-7a337d9c7af5
  5. Random BlSOD and I have no idea why

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BlSOD and I have no idea why: I've got a Dell laptop with windows 10. For the past 2 weeks or so I've had a BSOD problem. I'm doing work and then a random blue screen happens with CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED error. Then when it restarts I see three lines, one says no bootable device, second one is to go in BIOS...
  6. Help! My Windows 10 could not update and I don't have the slightest idea why.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help! My Windows 10 could not update and I don't have the slightest idea why.: NOTE: I may have a lot of issues with my Windows so please bear with me. This isa quite long post as well and I try to detail everything. Any suggestions or solutions would be very helpful and appreciated. If more details are needed, I am more than happy to elaborate further....
  7. why cant I update to version 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    why cant I update to version 1909: I am tring to update to Windows 10 ver 1909, I have updated all my drivers on PC but it still wont update to ver 1909, is there a link out there to download this update so I can apply it manually?...
  8. My laptop keeps resetting and I have no idea why

My laptop keeps resetting and I have no idea why: Mostly after big updates it would restart and I would come to realize most of the stuff I had downloaded was gone, but not the stuff i paid for. I just want my saved passwords back so even if there’s no way to revert my laptop back to its old shape, i would still appreciate...
  9. Why cant I get a desktop (tbh I have no idea with Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why cant I get a desktop (tbh I have no idea with Windows 10): I have just brought a Surface Pro after having a mac for nearly 10 years so I have really no idea what I am doing. I just want a desktop so I can create folders. I cant seem to access or add a desktop, I am only accessing my apps through the search bar. Please I need some...
  10. Xbox Enforcement - i have no idea why

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Xbox Enforcement - i have no idea why: I used to be on Xbox, like 6 months ago, I haven't played or chatted with anyone on Xbox since, I am on PC now. I am logged into Windows with the same outlook account as my Xbox but the Windows 10 app literally doesn't work for me it crashes so I am unable to chat to or...