Windows 10: Why cant i update drivers with Windows Update? this is my personal PC i have no idea why it...

Discus and support Why cant i update drivers with Windows Update? this is my personal PC i have no idea why it... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; why does it say this? ive reset group policy but nothing is working. i also have to reach a character requirement so i'm gonna just keep tying.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Hi, Apr 22, 2021.

1. HI
    Hi Win User

Why cant i update drivers with Windows Update? this is my personal PC i have no idea why it...

why does it say this? ive reset group policy but nothing is working. i also have to reach a character requirement so i'm gonna just keep tying.

:)

2. XVI
    xvi Win User

Driver update software

Windows Update should have a considerable amount of good drivers. They'll be listed under the "Optional Updates" section. That should give you rather good functionality right off the bat. If it's a branded PC, latest drivers will likely have to come from the manufacturer's website. For the most part, built-in drivers should be Good Enough™

I don't think I've run across an automagic driver installer that wasn't loaded with malware.

3. btarunr Win User
    NVIDIA Adds Windows 8 to GeForce Driver Update Stack

AMD may have been the first to be out with drivers for its Radeon GPUs that are optimized for Windows 8 (WDDM 1.2), but NVIDIA went a step ahead of "special-releases" for its GeForce drivers, and added Windows 8 to its update stack, meaning that Windows 8 will feature in the list of operating systems to pick from, to download drivers. NVIDIA will constantly update these drivers along with mainline releases for Windows 7/Vista and XP. The latest such driver is 296.17. This driver supports GeForce and Quadro GPUs, and according to NVIDIA, is a quick-update over 295.73 WHQL, with the addition of performance optimization for Blacklight: Retribution.

Why cant i update drivers with Windows Update? this is my personal PC i have no idea why it... 152a_thm.jpg

Source: VR-Zone

btarunr, Apr 22, 2021
  4. Why cant i update drivers with Windows Update? this is my personal PC i have no idea why it...

Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Apr 22, 2021
Thema:

Why cant i update drivers with Windows Update? this is my personal PC i have no idea why it...

1. Why cant i update drivers with Windows Update? this is my personal PC i have no idea why it... - Similar Threads - Why cant update

2. Why Cant I Update My Windows To 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Cant I Update My Windows To 22H2: This is an issue I have been dealing with on and off for a very long time now as I just frustrated and push it to the side to be forgotten.But for years my Windows version has been stuck on 1909.Whenever I go to update it, it restarts my computer but then pushes me a...
  3. Why Cant I Update My Windows To 22H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why Cant I Update My Windows To 22H2: This is an issue I have been dealing with on and off for a very long time now as I just frustrated and push it to the side to be forgotten.But for years my Windows version has been stuck on 1909.Whenever I go to update it, it restarts my computer but then pushes me a...
  4. why cant i update my windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why cant i update my windows?: Ive been experiencing problems with updating my windows 10... It says its in roaming and cant update because of it but it shouldnt be in roaming since its connected by Ethernet to my router in the same land as it says on computer. cant someone please help!!...
  5. why cant i update my windows?

why cant i update my windows?: Ive been experiencing problems with updating my windows 10... It says its in roaming and cant update because of it but it shouldnt be in roaming since its connected by Ethernet to my router in the same land as it says on computer. cant someone please help!!...
  6. why cant i update my windows?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Why cant i update my pc to windows 11?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why cant i update my pc to windows 11?: If I run the windows healt check it says that my pc can run windows 11 yet if I want to install it in my settings it says that my pc cant run it. Please help me...
  8. Why cant i update my pc to windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why cant i update my pc to windows 11?: If I run the windows healt check it says that my pc can run windows 11 yet if I want to install it in my settings it says that my pc cant run it. Please help me...
  9. Why cant i update my pc to windows 11?

10. Why cant I update Windows 10 on my PC?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why cant I update Windows 10 on my PC?: I built a PC for the first time in summer ‘20. It works fine other than the fact that it will not update Windows 10. When I open Windows 10 Update Assistant it tells me I’m running version 1809, and the latest version is 20H2. Next page tells me my computer is compatible, and...