Windows 10: why can't I update my OS?

Discus and support why can't I update my OS? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I've got a VM with windows server 2019, I've been trying to install the following cumulative update KB5033371, every time I restar the VM to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/piercedj, Jan 28, 2024.

1. why can't I update my OS?

Hello, I've got a VM with windows server 2019, I've been trying to install the following cumulative update KB5033371, every time I restar the VM to finish the installation the VM frozen, so I have to turn it off and on and then it's says it could not complete the update and undoing changes. I ran an SFC /scannow to check the OS integrity and everything seems fine, I also downloaded the windows update troubleshooting tool and after running it, it found a problem saying "reset service registration completed - fixed" but as far as I can tell it only reset the service so Im not sure if that can be the problem ( I hasn't been able to check if it fixed it though, because I couldn't shutdown the VM any more times, I've already done it 3 times, and every time failed, also I have to make sure to run most test before trying it again). I checked the event Viewer just in case, I found some errors/logs related to it:

Event 19392 the bits service failed to start 0x80004005.

Initializing service package KB5033371. Current state is staged. Target state is installed. Client ID: Windows update Agent.

Package KB5033371 failed to be changed to the installed state. Status 0x800g0922

Does somebody have any advice of what to try next ?

I have reset the windows update service several times and renamed the SoftwareDistribution folder, just in case, but so far nothing has worked.

I appreciate any advice, thanks

submitted by /u/piercedj
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/piercedj, Jan 28, 2024
  2. jmcslob Win User

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool why can't I update my OS? :cool:

jmcslob, Jan 28, 2024
  3. jmcslob Win User
    2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

T ski b4 your done with this post can you list a step by step fix of what you did, I would appreciate it if you would...Thanks

jmcslob, Jan 28, 2024
  4. 3Colors Win User

why can't I update my OS?

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond why can't I update my OS? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 28, 2024
Thema:

why can't I update my OS?

1. why can't I update my OS? - Similar Threads - why can't update

2. Why I can't update my windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why I can't update my windows?: I can't update my windows. help me how does this work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-cant-update-my-windows/e0629449-f810-4528-8261-0b3d0c3b524f
  3. Why can't I update my windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I update my windows: Hello, why can't I update my windows 10 into version 2h22. Windows already download the features however when I try to restart it, it always says that "we couldn't finish installing updates". Is there any possible way to solve this problem?...
  4. Why can't I update my windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why can't I update my windows: Hello, why can't I update my windows 10 into version 2h22. Windows already download the features however when I try to restart it, it always says that "we couldn't finish installing updates". Is there any possible way to solve this problem?...
  5. why i can't update my windows

why i can't update my windows: I can't update my windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-cant-update-my-windows/9c38c618-11ab-4e7d-997e-0e4987b77113
  6. Why can't I boot with my OS SSD?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why can't I boot with my OS SSD?: I'm currently trying to make the SSD that I run windows on as my boot drive in BIOS but it's not showing up as a drive that's bootable. My old HDD is the only drive showing up in my BIOS as 'Windows Boot Manager' and I'm trying to remove it from my pc, but I can't boot...
  7. Why can't I boot with my OS SSD?

Why can't I boot with my OS SSD?: I'm currently trying to make the SSD that I run windows on as my boot drive in BIOS but it's not showing up as a drive that's bootable. My old HDD is the only drive showing up in my BIOS as 'Windows Boot Manager' and I'm trying to remove it from my pc, but I can't boot...
  8. Why can't I boot with my OS SSD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. OS Ver 19041.572 why can't I update to 19041.685?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OS Ver 19041.572 why can't I update to 19041.685?: Every time I try to update manually or through windows updates it goes to 97-98% and then says it's unable to update and bricks my computer causing me to have to do a system restore. Why is this? Does anyone else have this issue? submitted by /u/PeterParker_ [link]...
  10. Can't Update OS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Update OS: It has been 3 or 4 months since my PC stopped updating automatically. Though I know its alarming I didn't mind it at first until my PC was attacked by a .grod Ransomware last week, I lost all my files. This became possible due to the fact that my PC is not updating and the...