Windows 10: Why can't I upgrade to Win 11 despite meeting all requirements?

Discus and support Why can't I upgrade to Win 11 despite meeting all requirements? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Trying to update to Win 11 I get the message: "The processor isn't currently supported for Windows 11." But my processor is an Intel i7-6700 quadcore @... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Marco_6544, Oct 1, 2022.

1. Why can't I upgrade to Win 11 despite meeting all requirements?

Trying to update to Win 11 I get the message: "The processor isn't currently supported for Windows 11." But my processor is an Intel i7-6700 quadcore @ 3.40GHz, and the system has 16 GB RAM. This meets the declared Win 11 system requirements at least 1 Ghz clock speed and 2 or more cores. This is very disappointing. I don't think my system is that obsolete. Is there any undeclared reason why Windows excludes this processor as eligible for Win 11 upgrade?

:)

Marco_6544, Oct 1, 2022
  2. yahanna Win User

Why can't my Processor meet requirement for a Win 11 Upgrade ???

I'm confused about a notification from Microsoft about upgrading to win 11. The notification said my PC doesn't meet a requirement which makes 0 sense. It says my CPU isn't on an approved list of CPUs. But my processor is crazy fast. How is this possible?

Below is a screenshot of what it claims I require although again it makes 0 sense. Can someone tell me if this is a joke from Microsoft or is this a mistake? Is win 11 all that and better than 10?

Why can't I upgrade to Win 11 despite meeting all requirements? [​IMG]

yahanna, Oct 1, 2022
  3. Sumit (Volunteer Moderator), Oct 1, 2022
  4. sgage Win User

Why can't I upgrade to Win 11 despite meeting all requirements?

Why can't my Processor meet requirement for a Win 11 Upgrade ???

In the run up to the release of Win11, this question was asked many, many times. It has nothing to do with CPU raw performance, really. It has to do with newer CPU's having features that enable MS to implement what they say are security enhancing measures. This is along with TPM 2.0 and Secure Boot. Win11 will run, and perhaps run well, on earlier generations processors, but they won't be able to accomodate MS's new security model as it is rolled out in future months/years, at least not without a potentially serious performance hit. So you can run Win11 if you want, but MS will not support it. So far, at least, non-compliant machines have been getting updates, but MS reserves the right to cut that off at any time.

As I have a non-compliant CPU (i5 7400 @3.5 GHz), this is one reason why I have abandoned Win11. IAC Win10 is supported until October 2025. The other reason I have abandoned Win11 is that there are UI elements that I dislike. Win10 is fine for me, and runs beautifully on this machine. I am glad it will be supported until 2025. We will review the situation at that time...

sgage, Oct 1, 2022
Thema:

Why can't I upgrade to Win 11 despite meeting all requirements?

1. Why can't I upgrade to Win 11 despite meeting all requirements? - Similar Threads - Why can't upgrade

2. Can't upgrade to Win 11 even though I meet all the requirements.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't upgrade to Win 11 even though I meet all the requirements.: PC Health says my processor is the only thing keeping me from Win 11. I just checked and my processor is approved. I have an 11PRO OEM disk but because of this same condition, my processor, which is incorrect, I can't get past the first screen when I try to install. Can...
  3. Can't upgrade to Win 11 even though I meet all the requirements.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't upgrade to Win 11 even though I meet all the requirements.: PC Health says my processor is the only thing keeping me from Win 11. I just checked and my processor is approved. I have an 11PRO OEM disk but because of this same condition, my processor, which is incorrect, I can't get past the first screen when I try to install. Can...
  4. Why are older processors meeting the Win 11 upgrade requirements not included in the list?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are older processors meeting the Win 11 upgrade requirements not included in the list?: I just used the PC Health Check App to check for eligibility, and the i7-6700HQ has TPM 2.0, 4 cores and secure boot enabled. Why is this model not supported? Even though it's not among the newer models, I don't see any reason for not letting us upgrade....
  5. Why are older processors meeting the Win 11 upgrade requirements not included in the list?

Why are older processors meeting the Win 11 upgrade requirements not included in the list?: I just used the PC Health Check App to check for eligibility, and the i7-6700HQ has TPM 2.0, 4 cores and secure boot enabled. Why is this model not supported? Even though it's not among the newer models, I don't see any reason for not letting us upgrade....
  6. Why can't I upgrade to Win 11 despite meeting all requirements?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I upgrade to Win 11 despite meeting all requirements?: Trying to update to Win 11 I get the message: "The processor isn't currently supported for Windows 11." But my processor is an Intel i7-6700 quadcore @ 3.40GHz, and the system has 16 GB RAM. This meets the declared Win 11 system requirements at least 1 Ghz clock speed and 2...
  7. Why can't I upgrade to Win 11 despite meeting all requirements?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why can't I upgrade to Win 11 despite meeting all requirements?: Trying to update to Win 11 I get the message: "The processor isn't currently supported for Windows 11." But my processor is an Intel i7-6700 quadcore @ 3.40GHz, and the system has 16 GB RAM. This meets the declared Win 11 system requirements at least 1 Ghz clock speed and 2...
  8. Can't update to Windows 11 despite meeting requirements?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't update to Windows 11 despite meeting requirements?: I've updated everything turned on TPM2.0 from the BIOS, PC Health Check states that my computer is meeting requirements to update to Win11 yet Windows update is still saying my computer does not meet the requirements. So which is it?...
  9. Can't update to Windows 11 despite meeting requirements?

Can't update to Windows 11 despite meeting requirements?: I've updated everything turned on TPM2.0 from the BIOS, PC Health Check states that my computer is meeting requirements to update to Win11 yet Windows update is still saying my computer does not meet the requirements. So which is it?...
  10. Can't update to Windows 11 despite meeting requirements?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade