Windows 10: Why can't i upgrade to Windows 11

Discus and support Why can't i upgrade to Windows 11 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've got all the necessary updates but when i check for new updates, windows 11 doesn't pop up. I'd rather not upgrade manually. Anyone got a solution?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by thomzrv, Jul 9, 2024.

1. thomzrv Win User

Why can't i upgrade to Windows 11

I've got all the necessary updates but when i check for new updates, windows 11 doesn't pop up. I'd rather not upgrade manually. Anyone got a solution?

:)

thomzrv, Jul 9, 2024

2. Upgrading to windows 11

I have a few questions about windows 11...

1. How many GB it is? when my pc suggested the upgrade yesterday, it said it's about 4GB just want to be sure.
    2. I'm using a windows 10 pro so if I upgrade, will it upgrade to a windows 11 pro?

UcheBulama, Jul 9, 2024
  3. dougboes Win User
    Upgrade to Windows 11

I want to upgrade my OS from Windows 10 to Windows 11. I have run the compatibility software and got the message that says my Windows 10 software is not compatible with upgrading to Windows 11. I'm looking for a point & click application that will make my Windows 10 OS upgradable to Windows 11 or a file that will provide step-by-step instructions on how to accomplish the upgrade to Windows 11. I expect a list of files/applications that will not run in Windows 11 because my PC is not capable of running the new applications w/o hardware upgrades.

dougboes, Jul 9, 2024
  4. Why can't i upgrade to Windows 11

i dont want upgrade to windows 11

Hi Samiee,

How to Stop or Block Windows 11 update - Your Windows Guide

To Block Windows 11 update, see the steps below, which is explained later on step by step. This would also work even if you have clicked Download and install.

• Right-click Start and select Windows Powershell(admin).
    • Press Yes when Prompted.
    • Type cmd.exe to open Command Prompt inside Powershell.
    Paste the following command to enable Targeted Updates to a specific release:

• reg add HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate /v TargetReleaseversion /t REG_DWORD /d 1
    If you are on Windows 10 version 21H2, use the command below:

• reg add HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate /v TargetReleaseversionInfo /t REG_SZ /d 21H2
    If you are on Windows 10 version 21H1, use the command below:

• reg add HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate /v TargetReleaseversionInfo /t REG_SZ /d 21H1
    You should see the “The command completed successfully” message when you enter the commands.

Sumit (Volunteer Moderator), Jul 9, 2024
Thema:

Why can't i upgrade to Windows 11

1. Why can't i upgrade to Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Why can't upgrade

2. Why can't i upgrade to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't i upgrade to Windows 11: I've got all the necessary updates but when i check for new updates, windows 11 doesn't pop up. I'd rather not upgrade manually. Anyone got a solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-upgrade-to-windows-11/dc2970d1-a930-49b3-848f-fd2277707f5b
  3. Why can't i upgrade to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't i upgrade to Windows 11: I've got all the necessary updates but when i check for new updates, windows 11 doesn't pop up. I'd rather not upgrade manually. Anyone got a solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-upgrade-to-windows-11/dc2970d1-a930-49b3-848f-fd2277707f5b
  4. Why can't I upgrade to Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I upgrade to Windows 11?: PC Health Check says I can upgrade ...... but Windows Update says I can't ... :Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-upgrade-to-windows-11/d35011eb-c883-40dd-8a83-04b4a44daf28
  5. Why can't I upgrade to Windows 11?

Why can't I upgrade to Windows 11?: PC Health Check says I can upgrade ...... but Windows Update says I can't ... :Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-upgrade-to-windows-11/d35011eb-c883-40dd-8a83-04b4a44daf28
  6. I payed for windows 11 pro, but why can't I upgrade?

I payed for windows 11 pro, but why can't I upgrade?: Hi,When trying to install windows 11 pro I get an error code 0x80070490 and the installation is canceled. I've tried troubleshooting and running cmd's but with out any luck. This is very precarious as I need it to be able to work from home, but I can't activate the upgrade...
  7. I payed for windows 11 pro, but why can't I upgrade?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I payed for windows 11 pro, but why can't I upgrade?: Hi,When trying to install windows 11 pro I get an error code 0x80070490 and the installation is canceled. I've tried troubleshooting and running cmd's but with out any luck. This is very precarious as I need it to be able to work from home, but I can't activate the upgrade...
  8. I payed for windows 11 pro, but why can't I upgrade?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Why can't I upgrade to Windows 11? What gives?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I upgrade to Windows 11? What gives?: PC health check says I am not eligible to upgrade my PC ASUS UX303UA from Win10 to Win11 because my processor isn't supported. Processor is IntelR CoreTM i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50GHz. All of the other minimum requirements are supported.If I go to the list of compatible processors...
  10. Why can't I upgrade to Windows 11? What gives?

Why can't I upgrade to Windows 11? What gives?: PC health check says I am not eligible to upgrade my PC ASUS UX303UA from Win10 to Win11 because my processor isn't supported. Processor is IntelR CoreTM i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50GHz. All of the other minimum requirements are supported.If I go to the list of compatible processors...