Windows 10: Why can't I use an External Hard Drive for my Backups

Discus and support Why can't I use an External Hard Drive for my Backups in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I hooked the Seagate hard drive up when the Toshiba hard drive got full, and the Seagate one hasn't turned off it's light at all I don't know what who... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Yabadoo4, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Yabadoo4 Win User

Why can't I use an External Hard Drive for my Backups

I hooked the Seagate hard drive up when the Toshiba hard drive got full, and the Seagate one hasn't turned off it's light at all I don't know what who ever is saying that it turns off, if the light is on doesn't that mean it's on and loading backup? Because I haven't saw the light out as of yet until I turn off the PC.

:)

Yabadoo4, Sep 9, 2018
  2. sumasage Win User

Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Sep 9, 2018
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Sep 9, 2018
  4. Why can't I use an External Hard Drive for my Backups

Free hard drive backup/restore program?

Obviously you're looking for something besides your Xp Pro utility that does this?

thoughtdisorder, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

Why can't I use an External Hard Drive for my Backups

1. Why can't I use an External Hard Drive for my Backups - Similar Threads - Why can't External

2. External hard drive backup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External hard drive backup: Hi everybody, I would like to back up an external hard drive. To this day at the end of the day I launch a backup program with which I save everything to another external hard drive. Due to a malfunction a few days ago I risked losing data both on the main hard disk and on...
  3. External hard drive backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External hard drive backup: Hi everybody, I would like to back up an external hard drive. To this day at the end of the day I launch a backup program with which I save everything to another external hard drive. Due to a malfunction a few days ago I risked losing data both on the main hard disk and on...
  4. External hard drive backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I can't use my external hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't use my external hard drive: I have my external hard drive plugged in but it says "D:\ is not accessible. The parameter is incorrect." when I try to open it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-use-my-external-hard-drive/a2414c75-14c4-42a4-9017-765a8ca71c70
  6. I can't use my external hard drive

I can't use my external hard drive: I have my external hard drive plugged in but it says "D:\ is not accessible. The parameter is incorrect." when I try to open it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-use-my-external-hard-drive/a2414c75-14c4-42a4-9017-765a8ca71c70
  7. Why can't I use Windows 11 Backup tool to backup to my USB or External SSD Drive?

Why can't I use Windows 11 Backup tool to backup to my USB or External SSD Drive?: I'm trying to setup Windows Backup utility to use either my USB drive or External SSD drive. Windows keeps telling me that these drives aren't valid places to backup to. What can I do to get Windows to accept either of these drives as a backup source?...
  8. Why is External Hard Drive filled to the brim with backups?

Why is External Hard Drive filled to the brim with backups?: I have a 2TB exernal hard drive, and I'm trying to figure out why it is filled to the brim. The biggest space-user appears to be a folder that is storing backups of my desktop computer. This big folder is named the same thing as my computer, and has four sub-folders that...
  9. Is it possible to use windows backup utility for External Hard drive backup to External...

Is it possible to use windows backup utility for External Hard drive backup to External...: I want to backup Photos/Videos which are in various folders in GB large files from older external hard drive to new external hard drive. I was told better use Windows Backup. Is it safe to backup larger files? or using drag n drop method will be good? As I have never used...
  10. backup to external hard drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    backup to external hard drive: The backup to external hard drive will not perform. All kinds of errors and it says it did not backup. What? Am I so stupid that I cannot tell it what drive to back up to? It wants to choose for me and then does not like it's choice. Where are the real settings so I can...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why cant i backup windows to an external harddrive

2. how can I use two separate external usb drives for backups with microsoft?

3. win 10 I cant find my backups on my external hard drive