Windows 10: Why can't I use my mic with my Sony WH-1000xm3 headphones?

Discus and support Why can't I use my mic with my Sony WH-1000xm3 headphones? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've updated the firmware, removed the device and reinstalled, and even switched to a different bluetooth dongle -- no matter what I try, I can't get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by murffmade, May 13, 2020.

1. murffmade Win User

Why can't I use my mic with my Sony WH-1000xm3 headphones?

I've updated the firmware, removed the device and reinstalled, and even switched to a different bluetooth dongle -- no matter what I try, I can't get the microphone to work when I connect to Windows 10. It works on any other device I have - mobile, tablet, etc - but I can't get Windows to even see that there is a microphone.

The very first time I attempted to connect the headset - It was able to see the mic - but unable to play sound in the headphones. Ever since, it has been the opposite. I'm out of ideas as to what to try. I have already attempted the basic troubleshooting includes with Windows and come up with nothing -- any suggestions on what I can do to try and make these work?

:)

murffmade, May 13, 2020

2. Sony WH-1000XM3: driver problem after Windows Update (no stereo driver)

I recently ran a Windows 10 Pro update on my laptop. Since then my Sony WH-1000XM3 headphones don't seem to work correctly.

It seems that before the update I used to have at least 2 audio-devices for the headphones: a stereo device for high quality audio and a "handsfree headset device". After the update they were replaced with the "WH-1000XM3 Hands-Free AG Audio" device:

Why can't I use my mic with my Sony WH-1000xm3 headphones? 17fecdda-6439-4f84-9124-e5b885932eb8?upload=true.jpg

This device acts as a headset not as a stereo-heaphone set: it only gives mono and low definition sound. So it makes my headphones completely unusable for listening to music.

What I already did:

- removing and reconnecting the device.

- looking for Sony Driver on the web: nothing is to be found.

Can anybody give advice on how to fix this problem?

Peter-Aerts, May 13, 2020
  3. readc87 Win User
    Headphones will not connect Bluetooth

Hello,

My wireless Bluetooth headphones (Sony WH-1000XM3) will not connect. They are paired and I have tried a number of troubleshooting items to get them connected. When I go under the devices property settings and check or uncheck different Bluetooth services
    options the headphones will momentarily state "Connected" but then revert back to Paired only. I have not experienced this issue before the most recent update and my Sony WH-1000XM2 headphones do still connect.

Please advise.

Thank you

readc87, May 13, 2020
  4. Why can't I use my mic with my Sony WH-1000xm3 headphones?

Regading the WH-205 headphone

Hi expert,

I purchased the E-72 mobile with that i received the headphone WH-205.their is one problem when i press the headphone mic then sound or bass will increase.when i used this headphone with laptop to see the movie i had to press this mic to hear the dialogue.this
    is problemis their any soloution of this.please give the solution ASAP.

dhir_ankush7, May 13, 2020
Thema:

Why can't I use my mic with my Sony WH-1000xm3 headphones?

1. Why can't I use my mic with my Sony WH-1000xm3 headphones? - Similar Threads - Why can't mic

2. Can't use Sony WH-1000XM5's microphone on PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't use Sony WH-1000XM5's microphone on PC: Hi, I can use my Sony WH-1000XM5's microphone on my work laptop win11, but somehow the microphone doesn't work on my personal computer win11. Is there any settings that I need to check to resolve this?What I've done1. re-pairing the headphones2. re-installing the bluetooth...
  3. Can't use Sony WH-1000XM5's microphone on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't use Sony WH-1000XM5's microphone on PC: Hi, I can use my Sony WH-1000XM5's microphone on my work laptop win11, but somehow the microphone doesn't work on my personal computer win11. Is there any settings that I need to check to resolve this?What I've done1. re-pairing the headphones2. re-installing the bluetooth...
  4. Cant use Sony WH-1000XM3 as mic

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cant use Sony WH-1000XM3 as mic: I am trying to use my XM3's wired as a mic, I have a splitter so it can use both input and output, mic works fine on mobile. Solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-use-sony-wh-1000xm3-as-mic/839f9d0b-9c21-4586-81da-a2317f5b7773
  5. Cant use Sony WH-1000XM3 as mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant use Sony WH-1000XM3 as mic: I am trying to use my XM3's wired as a mic, I have a splitter so it can use both input and output, mic works fine on mobile. Solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-use-sony-wh-1000xm3-as-mic/839f9d0b-9c21-4586-81da-a2317f5b7773
  6. Cant use Sony WH-1000XM3 as mic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. New Update Broke Bluetooth Ability WH-1000XM3 Headphones

New Update Broke Bluetooth Ability WH-1000XM3 Headphones: I've been using these headphones with the computer for years. Now, if I connect the headphones, every possible thing that could play audio freezes up. Itunes, MediaMonkey, and Windows Media Player all lock up, and even things in-browser like Youtube, Bandcamp, videos on...
  8. Sony wh-1000xm3 Headphones - will not show battery Level in Win 10?

Sony wh-1000xm3 Headphones - will not show battery Level in Win 10?: Just got a set of Sony wh-1000xm3 Headphones, which are on the latest firmware. When I pair them to my fully patched Surfacebook 2 running Windows 10 1909, the battery level isnt shown in Windows 10 bluetooth settings. The battery level shows up just fine on my Samsung Galaxy...
  9. Sony WH-1000XM3: driver problem after Windows Update (no stereo driver)

Sony WH-1000XM3: driver problem after Windows Update (no stereo driver): I recently ran a Windows 10 Pro update on my laptop. Since then my Sony WH-1000XM3 headphones don't seem to work correctly. It seems that before the update I used to have at least 2 audio-devices for the headphones: a stereo device for high quality audio and a "handsfree...
  10. Sony WH-CH700N headphones are not being detected by Bluetooth

Sony WH-CH700N headphones are not being detected by Bluetooth: After using the USB to charge my headphones on my Dell XPS desktop, I then tried to connect them via Bluetooth. The headphones show the "searching" blue dots; Bluetooth is on and searching using the "mice, keyboards, pens, or audio" option. But the headphones never appear as...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wh xm 1000 microphone wont work sondiws 10

2. sony wh-1000xm3 have a microphone