Windows 10: Why can't i watch videos when i have lacie rugged external hard drive?

Discus and support Why can't i watch videos when i have lacie rugged external hard drive? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello.I brought lacie rugged mini or suhsai rugged mini with 500 GB and when I watch videos after a few seconds/minutes it crashes and the hard drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mohamed13WL, Mar 20, 2023.

1. Why can't i watch videos when i have lacie rugged external hard drive?

Hello.I brought lacie rugged mini or suhsai rugged mini with 500 GB and when I watch videos after a few seconds/minutes it crashes and the hard drive will pop up on my screen when the video crash. This is the external hard drive I brought in amazon, https://tinyurl.com/3fzrfjk3.Kind regards.

:)

Mohamed13WL, Mar 20, 2023

2. Why can't i watch videos when i have lacie rugged external hard drive?

Hello.

I brought lacie rugged mini or suhsai rugged mini with 500 GB and when I watch videos after a few seconds/minutes it crashes and the hard drive will pop up on my screen when the video crash. This

is the external hard drive I brought in amazon, https://tinyurl.com/3fzrfjk3.

Kind regards.

Mohamed13WL, Mar 22, 2023
  3. btarunr Win User
    LaCie Announces Its Fastest Mobile Hard Drive: LaCie Rugged USB 3.0

LaCie announced the latest addition to its Rugged family of mobile hard drives – the LaCie Rugged USB 3.0, combining the super speeds of USB 3.0 and LaCie’s award–winning rugged design. The LaCie Rugged USB 3.0 is one the most power–efficient and fast–performing mobile hard drives offered by LaCie.

The LaCie Rugged USB 3.0 provides speeds up to 110 MB/s – three times the speed of USB 2.0. The speed enhancement allows you to transfer one HD movie in less than 3 minutes (versus more than 8 minutes in USB 2.0). It offers improved power efficiency, so you only need one cable to be assured optimal performance.

Why can't i watch videos when i have lacie rugged external hard drive? 116a_thm.jpg

"We are pleased to add USB 3.0, the fastest interface available, to our most recognized mobile solution," Anne–Sophie Marchand, Consumer Product Manager. "Now the most demanding customers can get the best performance out of a 2.5" hard drive – making the Rugged USB 3.0 the only hard drive necessary for work in the field."

If you do not have a USB 3.0 connection on your PC or notebook, you can easily add it with a LaCie USB 3.0 PCIe card or USB 3.0 PCIe Express card. LaCie also offers bundled options with the Rugged USB 3.0 – you choose the card.

The LaCie Rugged USB 3.0 is backward compatible with USB 2.0. This means it will work with any computer or notebook that has a USB connection – offering instant usability no matter what version of USB.

Housed in the award–winning Rugged casing designed by Neil Poulton, the LaCie Rugged USB 3.0 features a unique scratch–resistant aluminum shell, internal anti–shock absorbers, and a shock–resistant rubber bumper to better protect files against everyday blunders.

For advanced users, the LaCie Rugged USB 3.0 is the only storage solution you need for transferring large digital files on the go, with super fast speeds.

Availability
    The LaCie Rugged USB 3.0 will be available in 500GB capacity through the LaCie Online Store, LaCie Corner, LaCie Reseller+ and LaCie Storage Partner starting at the suggested retail price of $149.99 (VAT included).

Product Highlights
    • Fastest interface on the market, with speeds up to 110 MB/s
    • Rugged design: drop–resistant up to 2.2 meters
    • Complete software bundle for easy formatting and backup
    • 10GB Wuala online storage included for one year

btarunr, Mar 22, 2023
  4. Kriscious Win User

Why can't i watch videos when i have lacie rugged external hard drive?

External hard drive not appearing on Win 10

Just upgraded to Win 10 (Home Premium 64-bit) and suddenly my computer won't acknowledge my external LaCie Rugged hard drive. (I get the little diddy saying it's been connected, but it never appears.) My WD drive and my LaCie Porsche drive both still work,
    but not the Rugged (which still works on my Win 7 laptop). I really need access to this drive! Any suggestions??

Kriscious, Mar 22, 2023
Thema:

Why can't i watch videos when i have lacie rugged external hard drive?

1. Why can't i watch videos when i have lacie rugged external hard drive? - Similar Threads - Why can't watch

2. Why can't i watch videos when i have lacie rugged external hard drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't i watch videos when i have lacie rugged external hard drive?: Hello.I brought lacie rugged mini or suhsai rugged mini with 500 GB and when I watch videos after a few seconds/minutes it crashes and the hard drive will pop up on my screen when the video crash. This is the external hard drive I brought in amazon,...
  3. Why can't I watch videos online with sound?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I watch videos online with sound?: Hi! My problem is that I can't watch videos online with sound. When I put sound on them they are just gonna freeze. I tried multiple browsers and multiple websites, but not on one of them worked. I even tried reinstalling Windows 11, but the same problem was still present. I...
  4. Why can't I watch videos online with sound?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I watch videos online with sound?: Hi! My problem is that I can't watch videos online with sound. When I put sound on them they are just gonna freeze. I tried multiple browsers and multiple websites, but not on one of them worked. I even tried reinstalling Windows 11, but the same problem was still present. I...
  5. Why can't I watch videos as a background process?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I watch videos as a background process?: Hello, I cannot watch videos on YouTube through my web browser in the background, more specifically, when I have a game running on a different monitor. I suspect that this is an issue with how Windows 11 dictates resource allocation for background tasks, as when I am tabbed...
  6. Why can't I watch videos as a background process?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I watch videos as a background process?: Hello, I cannot watch videos on YouTube through my web browser in the background, more specifically, when I have a game running on a different monitor. I suspect that this is an issue with how Windows 11 dictates resource allocation for background tasks, as when I am tabbed...
  7. Please Help! Lacie Rugged external drive not showing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please Help! Lacie Rugged external drive not showing: Hi, I need some help. I have been trying to access my lacie hard drive for hours but can’t seem to. I just got a new laptop computer , the acer nitro 5 with windows 10. I bought this lacie external hard drive when I purchased my iMac about a year ago, I had only used this...
  8. windows 10 not recognize lacie rugged

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 not recognize lacie rugged: By the source this could help https://www.lacie.com/la/es/manuals/rugged/usbc/optional-formatting-partitioning/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-not-recognize-lacie-rugged/8b052ee2-bc0c-43b3-859c-83176c3d6e69
  9. lacie external hard drive

lacie external hard drive: since I installed windows 10 I cant use my LaCie external hardrive, to access pictures, from way back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lacie-external-hard-drive/c674c2dc-0746-4491-9095-b4875030781a
  10. Detecting but Wont Open LaCie External Hard Drive

Detecting but Wont Open LaCie External Hard Drive: I have a LaCie external hard drive (this one here) that was given to me by a friend, and for one reason or another W10 wont show the external drive as an option under Devices and Drives when selecting "This PC" or My Computer. I can see my SSD with the OS and the internal 2nd...