Windows 10: Why can't 'MediaCreationTool1803' new Win-10 install validate my MS given "Key" ?

Discus and support Why can't 'MediaCreationTool1803' new Win-10 install validate my MS given "Key" ? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just bought Win10 Home; received the Key, ran the setup program MediaCreationTool1803 twice now. It always ends, after this and that 0 to 99% change;... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by nitwit_866, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Why can't 'MediaCreationTool1803' new Win-10 install validate my MS given "Key" ?

I just bought Win10 Home; received the Key, ran the setup program MediaCreationTool1803 twice now. It always ends, after this and that 0 to 99% change; after install and 'setup' ... by saying it can't verify the Key

Well folks there was never a single time after begin on this setup that I was asked if I had a Key; if I wanted clean install or Keep Files.

The program, aside from telling me to Feel Free to use my PC, just kept going. It would transition a couple times to a slightly different blue window ... then stops .. dead cold.

Who can I call?

:)

nitwit_866, Sep 18, 2018

2. Fresh Install of Win 10 without Serial Key?

Looking to reformat a laptops HDD, and then reinstall Win 10 fresh. The problem is it came pre-installed with Win 8 and I did the free upgrade to Win 10. How exactly would I re-format the HDD, reinstall Win 10 and ensure it reactivates properly? I don't see a Win 8 serial key anywhere in the contents of the box.

Flogger23m, Sep 18, 2018
  3. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Sep 18, 2018
  4. Why can't 'MediaCreationTool1803' new Win-10 install validate my MS given "Key" ?

Valid Win7 Product Key not accepted by Win 10 upgrade

Hi,

I did not realise I had been at all vague, my apologies.

Unfortunately my neighbour now has his laptop back as I got nowhere. I have suggested he wait until the windows 10 upgrade system makes it available through windows update (it is in the queue).

As stated, I have tried running from the media created by the media creation tool to a USB (this is what I used to successfully upgrade my laptop and surface Pro). I have also run the media creation tool and opted for it to upgrade directly rather than save the files.

The operating system is Win7 Home premium OEM version. The key is valid and I re-validated it to be sure with the MS online actvation system. The laptop is 64-bit.

On each occasion it goes through the initial install steps and then gets to the screen where it asks for the product key.

On this screen there is no skip option and as the product key is not accepted, the only option is to cancel the install.

For some reason the upgrade seems to be taking a different path on this machine and does not give the skip option.

Regards
    Mike

mikepaterson, Sep 18, 2018
Thema:

Why can't 'MediaCreationTool1803' new Win-10 install validate my MS given "Key" ?

1. Why can't 'MediaCreationTool1803' new Win-10 install validate my MS given "Key" ? - Similar Threads - Why can't 'MediaCreationTool1803'

2. No Product Key given on upgrade to Windows 10 Pro and no advice of why!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No Product Key given on upgrade to Windows 10 Pro and no advice of why!: I upgraded Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro in the Microsoft Store and paid, received Order Confirmation but no Product Key. Where is it?, so I can complete the upgrade ....
  3. Interim install of new Education Edition to beat key validity period?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Interim install of new Education Edition to beat key validity period?: Hello, so I snagged a copy of Windows 10 Education Edition from my university right before I graduated this month. However, I am looking to use the key on a machine that I have yet to build (Ryzen shortages). I wanted to know is it possible to do an interim installation with...
  4. Can't install MS Solitaire Collection on my new computer.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't install MS Solitaire Collection on my new computer.: It says it is trying to install it when I try. The computer an Asus with Window 10 home. The computer had it installed, but it said I needed up update it. I couldn't, so I uninstalled, thinking I could reinstall. Please help! Sally...
  5. Validation of Windows 10 Keys

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Validation of Windows 10 Keys: I believe there should be a way to validate a purchased key without activating it on your machine. This feature could be available on the microsoft account side of things once your details are entered into your profile and a telephone number verification be activated to...
  6. Old Win 7 key - new Win 10 HDD install question ...

Old Win 7 key - new Win 10 HDD install question ...: I paid retail for 3 copies - "Family Pack" - Win 7 Home Premium many years ago. They all 3 use the same install key. I am now finally getting around to investigating Win 10. Previously I only used two of the 3 as Win 7 and never actually activated one of them. I just now...
  7. Added kids to MS 10 family on new computer but can't validate

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Added kids to MS 10 family on new computer but can't validate: When adding kids to my family, I had to create email accounts for them in Outlook. when I click on accept invitation, it then goes to page saying they cant since they already belong to a Microsoft family. However, I don't see where this can be and there's nothing I can...
  8. Validate Windows 10 Key

Validate Windows 10 Key: Good day! So I bought an Original equipment manufacturer key, reinstalled my windows and typed it in. My question is how do I know if this key is actually valid and that no one has used it and is there a waiting time for it to activate. My computer was connected to the...
  9. MediaCreationTool1803.exe not compatible

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MediaCreationTool1803.exe not compatible: Hi: Tired executing mediacreationtool1803.exe from command prompt but get the following message: This version of MediaCreationTool1803.exe is not compatible with the version of Windows you're furring. Check your computers system information and then contact the software...
  10. Valid Win7 Product Key not accepted by Win 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Valid Win7 Product Key not accepted by Win 10 upgrade: Having upgraded my laptop and Surface Pro to Win 10, my neighbour asked me to do the same for his laptop running its original OEM applied Win7.1 Home premium. Unlike my 2 machines, when the win10 upgrade gets to the Product Key entry screen, there is no "Skip" option and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can i still use mediacreationtool1803