Windows 10: Why can't Microsoft write a decent app?

Discus and support Why can't Microsoft write a decent app? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Of particular attention at the moment is the "Photos" app which once again - despite allowing you to delete folders you don't want included in the app... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by mikeslovakia, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Why can't Microsoft write a decent app?

Of particular attention at the moment is the "Photos" app which once again - despite allowing you to delete folders you don't want included in the app - walpapers, business photographs for instance - continues to include, despite the warning message "this folder will not appear ANYMORE"those very folders you have excluded.. Obviously "anymore" means something entirely different to Microsoft than it does to me. Then there is the problem that if you move a photograph - say from one folder to another or from one album to another it takes up the date of the change - not the original date you shot it. So then you have photgraphs all over the place. Wow. No wonder everyone uses Google

But it's not just "Photos" is it? Apart form the original apps - Excel, Word, Powerpoint - almost every app you pick up has a problem - not a technical issue but a logical issue - i.e it makes no sense

:)

mikeslovakia, Nov 24, 2020
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Nov 24, 2020
  3. linking this device to my microsoft acount to use xbox app or other microsoft progams

Hi Seef,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We'd like to get more information regarding the issue.

1. Do you have child account?
    2. Are you using Microsoft Store link to download the app?
    3. Check if you are able to download the app in your Dad’s account?

We would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if it helps.

1. Try to sign out and sign in back in to computer.
    2. Try to sign in to Microsoft store app with your Microsoft account
    3. Then try downloading the app from the Microsoft Store App.

Looking forward to your response.

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Manjunath_H, Nov 24, 2020
  4. Why can't Microsoft write a decent app?

Network Speed Test App by Microsoft Research

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter by following the steps provided below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left pane.
    • Click on “Windows Store Apps” from the list and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 24, 2020
Thema:

Why can't Microsoft write a decent app?

1. Why can't Microsoft write a decent app? - Similar Threads - Why can't Microsoft

2. Why can't I download the Microsoft Store app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I download the Microsoft Store app?: For some time I have not been able to access the microsoft store from the app. The app is not accessible from the Installed Apps in settings and if I attempt to download the app from the direct link online, nothing happens. There are no prompts, no errors, nothing. Same for...
  3. Why can't I download the Microsoft Store app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I download the Microsoft Store app?: For some time I have not been able to access the microsoft store from the app. The app is not accessible from the Installed Apps in settings and if I attempt to download the app from the direct link online, nothing happens. There are no prompts, no errors, nothing. Same for...
  4. Why can't I write to my external CD writer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why can't I write to my external CD writer?: I have a Pioneer BDR-XD07S portable CD burner. When I plug it into a USB port on my laptop, I can copy files from the laptop to a disk in the external drive...no problem. However, when I plug the same external drive, with the same disk, into my workstation, I cannot copy...
  5. Why can't I write to my external CD writer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I write to my external CD writer?: I have a Pioneer BDR-XD07S portable CD burner. When I plug it into a USB port on my laptop, I can copy files from the laptop to a disk in the external drive...no problem. However, when I plug the same external drive, with the same disk, into my workstation, I cannot copy...
  6. Why can't I write to my external CD writer?

7. Why Microsoft isn't able to release a decent PC Xbox app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Microsoft isn't able to release a decent PC Xbox app?: Every now and then, about once per year/year and a half, I decide to give a look to games on gamepass, and every time I'm astonished from how bad the Xbox PC app is. Every other launcher has its pros and cons, but Xbox app is different. It's just bad, and it seems to be proud...
  8. Why Microsoft isn't able to release a decent PC Xbox app?

Why Microsoft isn't able to release a decent PC Xbox app?: Every now and then, about once per year/year and a half, I decide to give a look to games on gamepass, and every time I'm astonished from how bad the Xbox PC app is. Every other launcher has its pros and cons, but Xbox app is different. It's just bad, and it seems to be proud...
  9. Can't write in any windows app or windows menu.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't write in any windows app or windows menu.: I have this problem for several weeks. I found it when I was in settings, and I tried to search for something and the search thing didn't work. I tried to search in microsoft store and the search bar didn't work too. I tried to fix it using troubleshooting from windows, it...
  10. Decent Video/Mediaplayer APP - Except VLC App. Are there any?

Decent Video/Mediaplayer APP - Except VLC App. Are there any?: I've bought a Win 10 tablet and now I am looking for a decent Video player, like MxPlayer (or several others) available for Android. The app should: play any "standard video format", like MKV, MP4 encoded in h.264/aac or mp3. playing "http" INTERNET streams (I don't expect...