Windows 10: Why can't MS just let us play?

Discus and support Why can't MS just let us play? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Why can't MS just either admit they hate PC gamers or fix auto download? I have seen hundreds here and thousands online complaining about auto... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by CTB666, Aug 20, 2018.

1. CTB666 Win User

Why can't MS just let us play?

Why can't MS just either admit they hate PC gamers or fix auto download? I have seen hundreds here and thousands online complaining about auto downloads when playing games. The problem MS just keeps saying it is on the users end, NO IT"S NOT! I can be playing any online game I play and when I get a giant lag spike 8 out of 10 times it's UOS and Update checking for or actually downloading an update. There is no way to turn off the auto download, yes I know you can schedule installs but that is not the issue. MS keeps insisting it doesn't cause issues, when thousands of gamers have shown time and time again it does. My internet is 400Mb download and when I get a spike from 100 latency to 400 and I can check and UOS and update are running in the backround damn near every time that means it's the issue. If I try to disable it in any way the computer doesn't work right or flat out crashes. So those of you who work at MS either just man up and admit you hate us or do something that will actually delay DOWNLOADS not just installs.

:)

CTB666, Aug 20, 2018
  2. jmcslob Win User

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool Why can't MS just let us play? :cool:

jmcslob, Aug 20, 2018
  3. jmcslob Win User
    2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

T ski b4 your done with this post can you list a step by step fix of what you did, I would appreciate it if you would...Thanks

jmcslob, Aug 20, 2018
  4. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done *Smile I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Aug 20, 2018
Thema:

1. Why can't MS just let us play? - Similar Threads - Why can't let

2. Why do they suspend us just for defending are selfs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do they suspend us just for defending are selfs?: Question why do they suspend us just for defending myself* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-they-suspend-us-just-for-defending-are/6c48716b-604d-451d-bf7e-150e4423c208
  3. Why do they suspend us just for defending are selfs?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do they suspend us just for defending are selfs?: Question why do they suspend us just for defending myself* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-they-suspend-us-just-for-defending-are/6c48716b-604d-451d-bf7e-150e4423c208
  4. Why Wont Edge Let Us Screen Capture Video?

in Browsers and Email
    Why Wont Edge Let Us Screen Capture Video?: Edge wont let me screen capture video which is extremely strange. All I get is a black screen. Many people have complained about this. Is there a fix? 179919
  5. Why Wont Edge Let Us Screen Capture Video?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why Wont Edge Let Us Screen Capture Video?: Edge wont let me screen capture video which is extremely strange. All I get is a black screen. Many people have complained about this. Is there a fix? 179919
  6. Why won't Microsoft let us have an analogue clock in the systen tray?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why won't Microsoft let us have an analogue clock in the systen tray?: As far as I can make out, after some searching, this is no longer an option in W10 (an old regedit hack no longer works). I see lots of poeple wanting it - and I definitely do, I find them much easier. Yet Microsoft seem to have gone to some lengths to stop anyone having it....
  7. MS Store can't uninstall/play game

MS Store can't uninstall/play game: [ATTACH] Hi! I downloaded Sea of Thieves and i played it a lot, i had a new problem, i couldn't downloaded anything, then i deleted the Registry for D:\WindowsApps, while the SoT was installed, now the MS Store thinks, that the Game is installed, but its not reserved any...
  8. Please it’s been so long just let me play

Please it’s been so long just let me play: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/onionrings_428 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kqt3gr/please_its_been_so_long_just_let_me_play/
  9. Are Sony playing us?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are Sony playing us?: Can anyone explain how Sony has managed to produce a slimline variation of PlayStations 2 3 & 4, without a fan yet retaining the same heat dissipation also apparently without loss of processing power and remaining as energy efficient? Is it incremental & clever...
  10. Is MS spying on us in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Is MS spying on us in Windows 10: Hi All, Wondering if anyone else happen to discover this. I upgraded the laptop first on July 30th and then on 31st I upgraded my desktop. Today wife was browsing Windows 10 on the laptop to get familiar and found a pic in the 'Photo" folder that was taken from the desktop...