Windows 10: Why can't My computer find my scanner

Discus and support Why can't My computer find my scanner in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Why can't my computer find my scanner?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WalfordCrenshaw, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Why can't My computer find my scanner

Why can't my computer find my scanner?

:)

WalfordCrenshaw, Mar 5, 2021

2. Scanner

Hi JSmith,

Your scanner should be installed first in order for your computer to recognize it. Since you're using a printer/scanner in one, you need to add or install the device as a printer and as a scanner. Make sure that the printer is properly connected to your
    computer and is turned on when you try to install it. Follow these steps:

• Click Start > Settings > Devices.
    • Under Add printers & scanners, click the + sign and select
      Add device.

Once added, try checking if you're able to scan. If your computer still doesn't detect the scanner, then we suggest that you get in touch with HP Support for further assistance.

Feel free to let us know if you need more information.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Mar 5, 2021
  3. scanner doesn't find my computer with error message "no scanner is connected".

Hi Linda,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if there is change in scanner settings.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information:

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to try to refer to the suggestion provided in the below Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps. Also try to run the printer troubleshooter, it will troubleshoot on scanner related issues.

Fix printer problems

Also I recommend you to refer to the user manual for printer device and try to check if there is any change in scanner settings.

I suggest you to check if scanner is detected through below steps.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Then type "View scanners and Cameras" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Check if scanner is getting detected in it or not.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Mar 5, 2021
  4. Why can't My computer find my scanner

Fingerprint Scanner Not Working

Hello Gary,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

To resolve this issue try the following steps:

• Have you updated the driver for the Finger Print scanner? If not, check on the manufacturer’s website (HP).

• Check if installing the latest driver of the fingerprint scanner allows you to login using a Microsoft Account?

This issue might occur due to driver incompatibility since upgrading to Windows 10.

If you have the raw executable file of the corresponding driver for the validity sensor, I would suggest you to install the downloaded driver file in compatible mode with Windows 7 or 8. Refer to the following steps to do so.

• Right click on the driver, and click on Properties.

• Go to the Compatibility tab.

• Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for:

• Select Windows 7 in the list of Operating systems.

• Click OK.

• Double-click the driver file to install the driver and follow the onscreen instructions.

• Reboot your computer.

Hope the above steps help.

Thank you.

Mohan Suryanarayan, Mar 5, 2021
Thema:

Why can't My computer find my scanner

1. Why can't My computer find my scanner - Similar Threads - Why can't computer

2. Can't find realtek on my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find realtek on my computer.: "System can't find the path specified Error 0x80070003" I just downgraded from win11 to win10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-realtek-on-my-computer/be8394fc-91de-4d3e-bcab-1e82f0d59029
  3. Can't find realtek on my computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't find realtek on my computer.: "System can't find the path specified Error 0x80070003" I just downgraded from win11 to win10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-realtek-on-my-computer/be8394fc-91de-4d3e-bcab-1e82f0d59029
  4. Can't find realtek on my computer.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Can't find my scanner after updating to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find my scanner after updating to Windows 11: I just updated to windows 11 unfortunately. Previously, my wireless printer was listed on the left side of the screen alphabetically and its scanning utility right underneath. Now I can find my printer but not my scanner which is why I said "unfortunately". Is there any way I...
  6. My network can't find my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My network can't find my computer: I spent the better part of a day "cleaning up" my computer, reduced the size of my Windows folder in half, to free up space on my C: drive. Today I went to my workshop where I have another computer and needed to check a dimension on a drawing on my office computer which I...
  7. Can't find Bluetooth on my computer

Can't find Bluetooth on my computer: Can't find Bluetooth on my computer to connect my wireless keyboard and mouse. I have a AMD Ryzen Midi Tower Gaming PC. My wifi works perfectly it's just the issue with Bluetooth....
  8. my printer/scanner can not find my computer

my printer/scanner can not find my computer: I am needing to scan some documents into my computer. When I try to scan it the scanner displays, No Computer Found. This is very odd because I have printed from this same computer to the same all in one printer. How do I get it to work?...
  9. Why does my scanner/printer not reconize my computer when the computer reconizes the scanner/printer

Why does my scanner/printer not reconize my computer when the computer reconizes the scanner/printer: Why does my scanner/printer not reconize my computer when the computer reconizes the scanner/printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanner/5139b993-fcab-411b-861c-d646362a7818
  10. I can't find my scanner in Windows 10

I can't find my scanner in Windows 10: Cant find my HP DeskJet 2132 scanner in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/i-cant-find-my-scanner-in-windows-10/eeacdb93-1f80-4ea3-989f-307fe17110af