Windows 10: Why can't my computer use half of my ram

Discus and support Why can't my computer use half of my ram in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; i've tried ticking the maximum allocated box found in "msconfig" and it still doesn't work [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Matthew Goljanin, Dec 26, 2019.

1. Why can't my computer use half of my ram

i've tried ticking the maximum allocated box found in "msconfig" and it still doesn't work

Why can't my computer use half of my ram 289f5278-0251-47a4-9ced-0f1d55134842?upload=true.png

:)

Matthew Goljanin, Dec 26, 2019
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 26, 2019
  3. To RAM or not to RAM...

Hey genesis what hardware have you bought, you might be able to save on the ram and step up the rest of the hardware a little...

Or you could go out on the town as suggested... *Big Grin Why can't my computer use half of my ram :D

DrunkenMafia, Dec 26, 2019
  4. Why can't my computer use half of my ram

Help, half Chinese, half English Computer.....

Hi,

If you want to change the language on your computer from Chinese to English, then you need to install the language pack of your preferred language. To do that, follow these easy steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Time & language, then click
      Region & language
    • Under Languages, click Add a language, then select
      English.

In case it is still showing in Chinese language, you can follow these other steps below:

• Press Windows key + X on the keyboard, then select Control Panel.
    • Go to Clock, Language, and Region, then select Language.
    • Next, click Advanced settings, then under Override for Windows display language, you will get the language option to select.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

Marque Lor, Dec 26, 2019
Thema:

Why can't my computer use half of my ram

1. Why can't my computer use half of my ram - Similar Threads - Why can't computer

2. Windows uses half my physical RAM for Virtual

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows uses half my physical RAM for Virtual: I have 128gb RAM installed. MSINFO tells me there is only 64gb physical and that the other 64gb is being used by Virtual Memory. If I physically remove half my RAM down to 64gb the system tells me I have 32gb. I am on Windows 11, the problem existed in Windows 10, and the...
  3. Windows uses half my physical RAM for Virtual

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows uses half my physical RAM for Virtual: I have 128gb RAM installed. MSINFO tells me there is only 64gb physical and that the other 64gb is being used by Virtual Memory. If I physically remove half my RAM down to 64gb the system tells me I have 32gb. I am on Windows 11, the problem existed in Windows 10, and the...
  4. Windows uses half my physical RAM for Virtual

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Why is half of my 16 GB of ram being used up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is half of my 16 GB of ram being used up?: I have very little apps open and 7.7 GB of ram is being used? Task manager doesn't tell me what is so hungry for ram. Any solutions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-half-of-my-16-gb-of-ram-being-used-up/8da8b3af-37ed-471d-b212-c5a0515405df
  6. Why is half of my 16 GB of ram being used up?

Why is half of my 16 GB of ram being used up?: I have very little apps open and 7.7 GB of ram is being used? Task manager doesn't tell me what is so hungry for ram. Any solutions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-half-of-my-16-gb-of-ram-being-used-up/8da8b3af-37ed-471d-b212-c5a0515405df
  7. Why can't I use all of my ram?

Why can't I use all of my ram?: I have 8 gb ram on my gaming laptop. But it is saying that I only have 5.9 gb ram usable. And I can't even play RoE because of it. Is there any solution for this to make this 8gb ram usable? And I am using gtx 1650.In Task manager it showed I have 6.1 gb video memory And 4 gb...
  8. Why can't I use all of my ram?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I use all of my ram?: I have 8 gb ram on my gaming laptop. But it is saying that I only have 5.9 gb ram usable. And I can't even play RoE because of it. Is there any solution for this to make this 8gb ram usable? And I am using gtx 1650.In Task manager it showed I have 6.1 gb video memory And 4 gb...
  9. ‘Hardware Reserved’ Windows is using half of my RAM

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ‘Hardware Reserved’ Windows is using half of my RAM: [ATTACH] I posted about this before on other subreddits and have done a chunk of research myself. I keep reaching dead ends but here I am trying again because I really want the best performance out of my rig. I have 16 gigs of RAM but have noticed that according to task...
  10. Why does my computer only read half of my RAM?!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why does my computer only read half of my RAM?!: Hello. My computer displays that I have 8gb of ram. However, when I got the computer, it had 16. Are the ram cards fused or broken, or is it something to do with unactivated Win 10 Edu? Thanks for any help yall can provide. 74766