Windows 10: Why can't my laptop connect to WiFi, but all my other devices can?

Discus and support Why can't my laptop connect to WiFi, but all my other devices can? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recently I was playing a game on my laptop and suddenly I crashed because I disconnected from WiFi, so I went to go try and connect back but now there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WizKid165, Aug 17, 2019.

1. WizKid165 Win User

Why can't my laptop connect to WiFi, but all my other devices can?

Recently I was playing a game on my laptop and suddenly I crashed because I disconnected from WiFi, so I went to go try and connect back but now there is not even an option for WiFi, only airplane mode. All my other devices are connected to the same WiFi but my laptop won't let me.

Why can't my laptop connect to WiFi, but all my other devices can? [​IMG]

:)

WizKid165, Aug 17, 2019

2. Cannot connect to wifi with laptop

Hi,

We would like to isolate this issue that you're having right now. We suggest that you try the steps below:

• Go to Network and Sharing Center.

• At the right pane, click Change adapter settings.

• Right click on your connection name (WiFi name) and Properties.

• Click the Configure... button.

• Go to Power Management tab.

• Uncheck/disable the radio button for "Allow this device to turn off this device to save power".

• Restart the PC (Important)

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Aug 17, 2019
  3. laptop can't find wifi but connects with ethernet cable

Please try these troubleshooting steps that may help.

1. Make sure the router SSID broadcast is on.
    2. Change the wifi channel to see if it resolves the problem.
    3. Enter the SSID and WPA2 password manually and see if the laptop connects.
    4. Temporarily turn off the encryption.
    5. We go into device manager & check updates for wifi drivers, we may need to simply update the driver.
    6. We go to Settings - Network & Internet - Status - Change Adapter Options, then right-clicked 'Ethernet' and disabled it. We do the same with wifi. Then we (with Ethernet still disabled) enabled wifi. It should re-connect to your wifi after a while.
    7. We have to disconnect our Ethernet cable from our laptop and follow the steps:
      Start>Control Panel>Network and Sharing Center>Manage Wireless Networks and remove all wireless connections by right click on it and select Remove network from the drop down menu. After doing this, close the windows and scan for the wifi networks.
      Click on the available network and select connect. After a while, we will be asked to give a password for our wifi connection. Type the password and click on connect button. And now will be connected to our wifi network via wireless.
    8. First is to disconnect the internet cable from the laptop then uninstall/reinstall the wifi adapter.
      Go to Device Manager and uninstall the wifi adapter.
      Once uninstalled, reboot the laptop and it should reinstall the driver automatically.
      After the reboot do try connecting to your wireless network again.
      If all these will not work, do also make sure that the wireless adapter is enabled. Depending the model of your laptop there should be key combinations on how to enable/disable it.

Daisy Zhou, Aug 17, 2019
  4. Why can't my laptop connect to WiFi, but all my other devices can?

Wifi Devices connecting to the wrong subnet

I just installed a Dlink DIR-890L and it is setup to assign devices to the range 192.168.1.1 to .254

However, it seems that when most of my devices connect they are ending up with an IP address that is 192.168.0.something.

This is causing the device to be able to connect to the router but not to the Internet. It has happened with my laptop, 2 cell phones and wireless thermostat. I have no idea why. Right now I am going into each device and changing the default IP and then manually changing its gateway to 192.168.1.1 (it's also coming up wrong)

I have no idea why this is happening.

I see this in the router settings but there is no where to change the default gateway but I'm not sure if I need to and so far I have been changing it to 192.168.1.1 on all the devices that I have to manually configure/

Any suggestions?

superwindow, Aug 17, 2019
Thema:

Why can't my laptop connect to WiFi, but all my other devices can?

1. Why can't my laptop connect to WiFi, but all my other devices can? - Similar Threads - Why can't laptop

2. My computer won't connect to a wifi that all my other devices can connect to?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer won't connect to a wifi that all my other devices can connect to?: I just moved to a new house and am unable to connect to my house's wifi. The network will usually not show up and when it does the icon indicates a very low signal and it will say I can;t connect to this network. I have several other devices that are in the same room right...
  3. My computer won't connect to a wifi that all my other devices can connect to?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer won't connect to a wifi that all my other devices can connect to?: I just moved to a new house and am unable to connect to my house's wifi. The network will usually not show up and when it does the icon indicates a very low signal and it will say I can;t connect to this network. I have several other devices that are in the same room right...
  4. My computer won't connect to a wifi that all my other devices can connect to?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. I can't connect to my home wifi that all my other electronics are connected to

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't connect to my home wifi that all my other electronics are connected to: My home wifi won't show up in my available wifi networks on my new computer but it is in my known networks. I'm not sure why this is happening or how to fix it....
  6. I can't connect to my home wifi that all my other electronics are connected to

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't connect to my home wifi that all my other electronics are connected to: My home wifi won't show up in my available wifi networks on my new computer but it is in my known networks. I'm not sure why this is happening or how to fix it....
  7. I can't connect to my home wifi that all my other electronics are connected to

8. Can't connect to home WiFi other networks work, can connect to the WiFi on other devices

Can't connect to home WiFi other networks work, can connect to the WiFi on other devices: Hello there, I'm having troubles connecting to my home WiFi on both of my Windows 10 machines. I can connect on both computers to other networks, including a mobile 4G+ hotspot. When I try to connect to the network, it asks me for the password and I see the following...
  9. Can't connect to home WiFi other network work, can connect to the WiFi on other devices

Can't connect to home WiFi other network work, can connect to the WiFi on other devices: Hello there, I'm having troubles connecting to my home WiFi on both of my Windows 10 machines. I can connect on both computers to other networks, including a mobile 4G+ hotspot. When I try to connect to the network, it asks me for the password and I see the following...
  10. Can't connect to laptop on network but laptop can connect to all other

Can't connect to laptop on network but laptop can connect to all other: Checked:- All updates downloaded and applied on all machines. Laptop File & Printer sharing is turned on. Both HDs on the laptop are set up for sharing on the network with Everyone having all permissions. Teamviewer 12 can access the laptop from my desktop with no...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. phone connects to wifi but laptop cant why

2. if my printer and laptop are bothh connected to wifi why cant my laptop find my printer to reinstall