Windows 10: Why can't my laptop connect to WiFi, but all my other devices can?

Discus and support Why can't my laptop connect to WiFi, but all my other devices can? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recently I was playing a game on my laptop and suddenly I crashed because I disconnected from WiFi, so I went to go try and connect back but now there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WizKid165, Aug 17, 2019.

1. WizKid165 Win User

Why can't my laptop connect to WiFi, but all my other devices can?

Recently I was playing a game on my laptop and suddenly I crashed because I disconnected from WiFi, so I went to go try and connect back but now there is not even an option for WiFi, only airplane mode. All my other devices are connected to the same WiFi but my laptop won't let me.

Why can't my laptop connect to WiFi, but all my other devices can? [​IMG]

:)

WizKid165, Aug 17, 2019

2. Cannot connect to wifi with laptop

Hi,

We would like to isolate this issue that you're having right now. We suggest that you try the steps below:

• Go to Network and Sharing Center.

• At the right pane, click Change adapter settings.

• Right click on your connection name (WiFi name) and Properties.

• Click the Configure... button.

• Go to Power Management tab.

• Uncheck/disable the radio button for "Allow this device to turn off this device to save power".

• Restart the PC (Important)

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Aug 17, 2019
  3. laptop can't find wifi but connects with ethernet cable

Please try these troubleshooting steps that may help.

1. Make sure the router SSID broadcast is on.
    2. Change the wifi channel to see if it resolves the problem.
    3. Enter the SSID and WPA2 password manually and see if the laptop connects.
    4. Temporarily turn off the encryption.
    5. We go into device manager & check updates for wifi drivers, we may need to simply update the driver.
    6. We go to Settings - Network & Internet - Status - Change Adapter Options, then right-clicked 'Ethernet' and disabled it. We do the same with wifi. Then we (with Ethernet still disabled) enabled wifi. It should re-connect to your wifi after a while.
    7. We have to disconnect our Ethernet cable from our laptop and follow the steps:
      Start>Control Panel>Network and Sharing Center>Manage Wireless Networks and remove all wireless connections by right click on it and select Remove network from the drop down menu. After doing this, close the windows and scan for the wifi networks.
      Click on the available network and select connect. After a while, we will be asked to give a password for our wifi connection. Type the password and click on connect button. And now will be connected to our wifi network via wireless.
    8. First is to disconnect the internet cable from the laptop then uninstall/reinstall the wifi adapter.
      Go to Device Manager and uninstall the wifi adapter.
      Once uninstalled, reboot the laptop and it should reinstall the driver automatically.
      After the reboot do try connecting to your wireless network again.
      If all these will not work, do also make sure that the wireless adapter is enabled. Depending the model of your laptop there should be key combinations on how to enable/disable it.

Daisy Zhou, Aug 17, 2019
  4. Why can't my laptop connect to WiFi, but all my other devices can?

Wifi Devices connecting to the wrong subnet

I just installed a Dlink DIR-890L and it is setup to assign devices to the range 192.168.1.1 to .254

However, it seems that when most of my devices connect they are ending up with an IP address that is 192.168.0.something.

This is causing the device to be able to connect to the router but not to the Internet. It has happened with my laptop, 2 cell phones and wireless thermostat. I have no idea why. Right now I am going into each device and changing the default IP and then manually changing its gateway to 192.168.1.1 (it's also coming up wrong)

I have no idea why this is happening.

I see this in the router settings but there is no where to change the default gateway but I'm not sure if I need to and so far I have been changing it to 192.168.1.1 on all the devices that I have to manually configure/

Any suggestions?

superwindow, Aug 17, 2019
Thema:

Why can't my laptop connect to WiFi, but all my other devices can?

1. Why can't my laptop connect to WiFi, but all my other devices can? - Similar Threads - Why can't laptop

2. Can't connect to one specific wifi network others devices can

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't connect to one specific wifi network others devices can: OK this one is driving me crazy. I have an acer laptop with built in wifi. I purchased a USB wifi adapter which looked like an upgrade. I plugged it in and attempted to connect to my home wireless network (this was working as recently as yesterday). I keep getting the "can't...
  3. CONNECTING DEVICES TO MY LAPTOP??

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CONNECTING DEVICES TO MY LAPTOP??: Hello...… When I recently purchased my £800 laptop I was told that if I plugged any device (eg, phone or camera etc, etc) into my laptop the new Windows 10 operating system would detect that a device has been plugged into the laptop and that information would appear on my...
  4. My Laptop will not connect to my Wifi

My Laptop will not connect to my Wifi: It's a Asus X401A1 Intel celeron b830 1.80ghz 4gb ram. Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 is my wireless network adapter. Tried reinstalling the network drive. Uninstalling. Disabling. Upgraded my Laptop from Windows 8 to 10. Tried Network reset It'll occasionally come up with...
  5. My laptop wifi internet access is not working while other gadgets can connect to the wifi...

My laptop wifi internet access is not working while other gadgets can connect to the wifi...: Since I reformat my laptop there is a time that when I connect to my wifi it doesn't have any internet access at all while others have and when my uncle's cousin told me that there is a code in cmd that comes with release and renew I research it than when I used the most...
  6. Why can't I connect any device to my mobile hotspot on my laptop?

Why can't I connect any device to my mobile hotspot on my laptop?: I am using windows 10 version 1803 and when I activate my mobile hotspot I can't connect any device to that mobile hotspot, phone can't connect, another laptop can't connecet. What is the problem and hoe do I fix it? It's been bugging me since I got my laptop....
  7. Can not connect to my WiFi

Can not connect to my WiFi: Every time i try to connect to my WiFi, the computer temporarily disables the WiFi adapter then re-enables it and doesn't allow me to connect to my WiFi. I've tried restarting both my Wireless Router and my laptop. I even tried factory resetting the laptop. I've disable and...
  8. One of the users on my laptop cannot connect to Wifi, the others can

One of the users on my laptop cannot connect to Wifi, the others can: One of the user accounts (with administrator privileges) on my Lenovo laptop shows the wifi network that I use (it is a neighbourhood wifi network) as Limited and the network login page will not come up and the internet is not available. However, other accounts on the same...
  9. Can't connect to laptop on network but laptop can connect to all other

Can't connect to laptop on network but laptop can connect to all other: Checked:- All updates downloaded and applied on all machines. Laptop File & Printer sharing is turned on. Both HDs on the laptop are set up for sharing on the network with Everyone having all permissions. Teamviewer 12 can access the laptop from my desktop with no...
  10. No wifi connection on my laptop

No wifi connection on my laptop: Hey guys, I'm running the latest Windows 10 1709 build, with latest updates. I have an Hp Folio 9470M laptop and last night my wifi icon at the bottom was gone. I can connect by Ethernet but no option for wireless connectivity. Going into the network settings, there is...