Windows 10: why cant Norton just say do it or not????

Discus and support why cant Norton just say do it or not???? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; why cant Norton sort out this issue and tell us to use it or not?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by suzannedakoulas, Jun 22, 2019.

1. why cant Norton just say do it or not????

why cant Norton sort out this issue and tell us to use it or not?

:)

suzannedakoulas, Jun 22, 2019

2. Norton Security not loading with Windows 10 - Why?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community forums!

I would recommend you follow the below given steps and check if it fixes the issue.

I would suggest you to restart the Norton services from the services list, and set the Norton service to automatic.

Follow these steps to run Norton services:

Method 1:

Follow these steps to run Norton services

a. Press Windows key + R

b. In the run windows, type services.msc

c. It will open services windows

d. select norton services from the list of services

e. double click on it

f. At the top of the window, Make sure the service status is started and startup type is
    automatic.

g.Click apply and OK.

If this does not fix the issue, try uninstalling and reinstalling Norton software and check if it helps.

If the above steps do not help , I would suggest you to contact Norton for further help.

Let us know the status.

ThofikhAhamad, Jun 22, 2019
  3. Windows 10 and Norton

Hi Mike,

Sorry! The latest version of Norton Security 22.5.2 is compatible with Windows 10. I would suggest installing the latest version of Norton Security using the steps here:
    www.norton.com/install. Sorry, I am not sure of the best way to restore the OS to the previous version. You can try the steps mentioned here: How to recover a previous build(s) or your original version of Windows using the Recovery or Rollback feature - Revised July 22nd, 2018.

Thanks!

Dinesh

Norton Support

NortonSupport, Jun 22, 2019
  4. Yaqub K Win User

why cant Norton just say do it or not????

Norton

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft community.

I would like to know when exactly are you getting the message that says "make internet explorer my default browser in place of Edge because Microsoft doesn't support extensions" and "Norton says some protection won't work, like identity safe and safe search"?

According to Norton support, it says that Norton is compatible with Windows 10.

I suggest you to refer to the following link and check if Norton has released any update patches. If so, please go ahead install them. Refer to the following link:

Norton Product Update 22.5.2.15 for Windows 10 Compatibility

As you mentioned that Norton says some protection won't work, like identity safe and safe search, I suggest you to change SmartScreen Filter settings to ON. Refer to the steps:

To change SmartScreen Filter settings, go to More actions
    why cant Norton just say do it or not???? [​IMG]
    > Settings, and under
    Advanced settings, select View advanced Settings, and then, under
    Privacy and services, turn the Help protect me from malicious sites and downloads with SmartScreen Filter setting on or off.

Also see:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/edge-privacy-faq

Please reply us with the required information along with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Jun 22, 2019
Thema:

why cant Norton just say do it or not????

1. why cant Norton just say do it or not???? - Similar Threads - why cant Norton

2. Why wont "www.roblox.com" work on my laptop it just keeps saying "hmmm cant reach this page"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why wont "www.roblox.com" work on my laptop it just keeps saying "hmmm cant reach this page": this is all its showing i even factory reset my whole laptop AND ITS STILL NOT WORKING https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-wwwrobloxcom-work-on-my-laptop-it-just/73eae45b-2be7-4bc9-b700-15fb71aad478
  3. Why wont "www.roblox.com" work on my laptop it just keeps saying "hmmm cant reach this page"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why wont "www.roblox.com" work on my laptop it just keeps saying "hmmm cant reach this page": this is all its showing i even factory reset my whole laptop AND ITS STILL NOT WORKING https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-wwwrobloxcom-work-on-my-laptop-it-just/73eae45b-2be7-4bc9-b700-15fb71aad478
  4. Why cant windows 11 just work right?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why cant windows 11 just work right?: I have just one simple thing, why is it just plain impossible for a Galaxy Phone to work on this **** device? I've tried so many things but windows 11 is just utterly **** for anything. I cant exchange files on my phone to my pc yet only charge. File exchange only worked for...
  5. Why cant windows 11 just work right?

Why cant windows 11 just work right?: I have just one simple thing, why is it just plain impossible for a Galaxy Phone to work on this **** device? I've tried so many things but windows 11 is just utterly **** for anything. I cant exchange files on my phone to my pc yet only charge. File exchange only worked for...
  6. norton says microsoft net framework needs to be manually updated how do i do this

in Windows 10 Gaming
    norton says microsoft net framework needs to be manually updated how do i do this: how do i manually update microsoft .net framework3.0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/norton-says-microsoft-net-framework-needs-to-be/fb87ebad-f500-466b-9f94-e70612ce5653
  7. norton says microsoft net framework needs to be manually updated how do i do this

norton says microsoft net framework needs to be manually updated how do i do this: how do i manually update microsoft .net framework3.0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/norton-says-microsoft-net-framework-needs-to-be/fb87ebad-f500-466b-9f94-e70612ce5653
  8. norton says microsoft net framework needs to be manually updated how do i do this

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Why just why would you do this to people!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why just why would you do this to people!: So the i7 3930K on a great P9x70 motherboard is not compatible with win 11? Seriously this is **** and i just want you to know it. More than capable. And this **** with BIOS is absurd, you are ruling out ever computer built before 2014! as basically obsolete. This is INSANE,...
  10. Why cant I run both Windows Defender and Norton Internet Protection?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why cant I run both Windows Defender and Norton Internet Protection?: I read a current article regarding how parts of Windows Defender can run in a sandbox. The article recommended running Windows Defender in conjunction with another protection program and mentioned Malwarebytes. I use Norton Internet Protection which has anti-malware features...