Windows 10: Why can't one simply restore a version of Windows from a Windows disk image

Discus and support Why can't one simply restore a version of Windows from a Windows disk image in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello Windows community, I have lost faith in Windows because I was unable to restore a perfect Windows 10 that I had because Isimply could not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dino DiGioacchino, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Why can't one simply restore a version of Windows from a Windows disk image

Hello Windows community,

I have lost faith in Windows because I was unable to restore a perfect Windows 10 that I had because Isimply could not restore a version of Windows 10 that I had in the form of a Backup disk image created using Windows 10.

I ended up losing the backup, losing all my files a year's work. Now I have a reinstalled Windows 10 with nothing. I am not happy and depressed.

Even though it's too late, how can someone restore a Windows disk image without being blocked by Windows troubleshooter aksing to create a bootable DVD for a maching that has no DVD drvie ?

Sad and lost

:)

Dino DiGioacchino, Sep 18, 2020
  2. RoboX Win User

Windows 7 Image

I need to backup the windows,data,programs (A) installed in the hard disk n.1

I want to use the feature(restore windows image) of windows 7 installed in another drive (hard disk 2) , so of another windows 7 (B) started up.

So, Can i startup windows B (installed on hard disk n.2) and use the feature to create an image of windows A (located on another drive, Hard Disk n.1)?

RoboX, Sep 18, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Why can't one simply restore a version of Windows from a Windows disk image [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Sep 18, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Why can't one simply restore a version of Windows from a Windows disk image

Windows 7 Image

Good question... Dunno if Win 7 will think it's been installed on another PC because of a different HDD and ask to be activated...?

Sasqui, Sep 18, 2020
Thema:

Why can't one simply restore a version of Windows from a Windows disk image

1. Why can't one simply restore a version of Windows from a Windows disk image - Similar Threads - Why can't simply

2. Can't restore Windows 10 from disk image error code 0xC0000225

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't restore Windows 10 from disk image error code 0xC0000225: I can't boot Windows error code 0xC0000225 "A required device isn't connected or can't accessed". Created installation media on USB. Automatic repair doesn't work. I have a disk image on an external hard drive and 2 backups. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Screenshots taken on...
  3. Can't restore Windows from disk image

Can't restore Windows from disk image: I can't boot Windows. Created installation media on USB. Automatic repair doesn't work. I have a disk image on an external hard drive and 2 backups. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Screenshots taken on different device. Windows can't find the image. When trying to point to the...
  4. Can't restore windows 10 from disk imagine

Can't restore windows 10 from disk imagine: Hi, I have made a disc imagine of my laptop and a restore USB drive. I then replaced the HDD with a new one. I have booted the laptop from the restore USB drive. I have selected "Troubleshoot" I have then selected System Image Recovery I then select the system...
  5. Restore One Drive From a Windows System Image

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restore One Drive From a Windows System Image: I had a single drive not the C drive fail in my computer but bought a new one. I have a Windows system image from about two months ago and would only like to restore the image of that one drive so I don't have to do everything I did in the last two months over again on my...
  6. Why can't I restore a Disk Image backup to a neww SSD?

Why can't I restore a Disk Image backup to a neww SSD?: I have a very long story. I'm sure I must have tried everything multiple times. I will give the short version. New SSD - tried to clone old HDD using Clonezilla. Would not work because SSD is smaller then old HDD. Installed AOMEI Partition Assistant which will clone...
  7. Restoring image of updated version of Windows 10 from older version

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restoring image of updated version of Windows 10 from older version: Microsoft Fall update messed up my Windows 10 by, in particular, creating a second user account. I went to Microsoft support for assistance. After going through 5 Microsoft 'technicians' I ended up with 10 user accounts! During the process one of the 'techs', after me stating...
  8. Restore a windows 10 disk image

Restore a windows 10 disk image: Hello, I made a windows 10 disk image with the built in tool as i had to send my surface pro back to CS. Now that it it bask I want to restore it. The problem is when I want to do recover it it finds correclty my backup on my external hard drive but after selecting it it...
  9. Can't Restore from System Image

Can't Restore from System Image: I created a system image on a Seagate external hard drive using Windows 10 Home, and I created a restore disc for booting with an external BUFFALO DVD drive connected to a USB port. I went into the UEFI and set my BUFFALO drive as the first drive to be used for booting at...
  10. Restore with disk image

Restore with disk image: How do I reinstall Windows 10 from a USB Disk Image 17737