Windows 10: Why can't OneDrive back up Quick Notes.one in the Documents folder?

Discus and support Why can't OneDrive back up Quick Notes.one in the Documents folder? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I get this error message with screaming red text in the "Manage folders backup" dialog of OneDrive settings. We can't back up Quick Notes.one in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Samir Gunic, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Why can't OneDrive back up Quick Notes.one in the Documents folder?

I get this error message with screaming red text in the "Manage folders backup" dialog of OneDrive settings.

We can't back up Quick Notes.one in the Documents folder. To continue, follow the steps to move this OneNote notebook to OneDrive, move it to a location outside your important folders, or delete it and try again.

Why can't OneDrive back up Quick Notes.one in the Documents folder? e3503f6b-6dfb-49ea-aaee-2532a974246d?upload=true.png

I don't use the "Backup" feature of OneDrive. In fact, I hate it! OneDrive enjoys forcing its wicked ways onto Windows users and enforcing the so called backup feature. The worst thing I know is when it starts making copies of all the files that I keep in my Desktop folder. It's a completely useless "feature" to me, because I never store important files on the Desktop that I can't live without if I ever lost them. I use the Desktop to temporarily store files I work on, and yes, I have another backup solution that's irrelevant to talk about here.

I think it's worth noting that because of OneDrive's wicked ways, I spent the last 2 days restoring my Desktop folder from my backup solution because for some reason OneDrive decided it was time to kick start its own backup feature and start backing up my Desktop folder. So I killed it! Because I don't like programs that misbehave and don't obey my commands and don't let me as user and a sane human decide what's best for me. I started OneDrive again, paused the sync, realized I have to un-pause it to change settings, went into settings and un-linked my PC from the OneDrive cloud account. Then I ran into trouble of having duplicate files here and there, because it had managed to copy some files but not the rest, so I had to handle that mess manually to get things in order again.

Anyway... fast forward 2 days and I have OneDrive linked to my OneDrive cloud account again, and again linked to the same OneDrive home folder atC:\Users\Me\OneDrive and everything is working fine. Except for one peculiar detail... OneDrive says it can't back up a OneNote file in Documents folder.

We can't back up Quick Notes.one in the Documents folder.

Well yes OneDrive, but why? You're not telling me why you can't back up this file in this folder? What is your problem?...

Is anyone here familiar with this error? I did a few searches and found a number of different complaints from users relating to OneDrive and OneNote, going all the way back to year 2013, but I did not find any more recent discussions on this topic.

I checked the Documents folder, and the mentioned file is present. So it's not a matter of missing file, that's for sure.

:)

Samir Gunic, Sep 10, 2020

2. Quick Acces folder now showing OneDrive Documents after reset.

A few days ago, I did a full reset on my computer due to numerous reasons. After starting it up, I noticed that, on file explorer, under quick access, the documents folder was now my OneDrive documents folder. I don't use OneDrive on Windows 10 file explorer,
    as I prefer the setup on the online one.

Either way, is there a way to set the documents on quick access as the actually document folder on my PC instead of the OneDrive edition.

Note also that I have disabled OneDrive already on my PC.

Many Thanks,

Ethan

TheRangerUnnown, Sep 10, 2020
  3. Why I have TWO Documents folders?

ok so lemme start off my saying i recently wiped my system and installed windows 10
    and i noticed even more recently that i seem to have TWO documents folders...
    i have one that has nothing that it should in it and the other somehow is linked to Onedrive...
    the onedrive linked one has everything that the non onedrive should. (game saves, etc)
    my question is...why? is this normal cause i can't imagine it is...
    i don't think steam game save cloud will work with onedrive so i need to know, is this fixable WITHOUT another wipe? i have no idea how my onedrive got synced with my documents folder. i didn't set it up that way. any help is appreciated!
    thanks!

TheMatt1984, Sep 10, 2020
  4. CP2009 Win User

Why can't OneDrive back up Quick Notes.one in the Documents folder?

Documents/Pictures folders under 'This PC' refer to onedrive - not the local folders

Thank you for the quick response, Micah.

My documents are already being saved to 'This PC only'.

The Documents folder in the libraries is correct (local drive).

The Documents folder in the quick access area is correct (local drive).

The only thing that is incorrect is the documents folder under 'This PC'?

Also is 'winhelponline.com' affiliated with Microsoft?

Thanks again

CP2009, Sep 10, 2020
Thema:

Why can't OneDrive back up Quick Notes.one in the Documents folder?

1. Why can't OneDrive back up Quick Notes.one in the Documents folder? - Similar Threads - Why can't OneDrive

2. OneDrive is not backing up the Desktop and Document

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive is not backing up the Desktop and Document: I just fresh installed Windows 11 Pro and did not login to my Microsoft account at first. I used a local account instead. After first boot and installing some drivers from windows update, I switched from local account to Microsoft account. Then I couldn't find the "Important...
  3. OneDrive is not backing up the Desktop and Document

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive is not backing up the Desktop and Document: I just fresh installed Windows 11 Pro and did not login to my Microsoft account at first. I used a local account instead. After first boot and installing some drivers from windows update, I switched from local account to Microsoft account. Then I couldn't find the "Important...
  4. documents don't back up to onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    documents don't back up to onedrive: Can you add only a shortcut of a folder to a library? How I can add many folders to alibrary, where should the folder be located?I always saved my files to documents before, documents file have some important files that prevent the document system folder from backing up to...
  5. documents don't back up to onedrive

documents don't back up to onedrive: Can you add only a shortcut of a folder to a library? How I can add many folders to alibrary, where should the folder be located?I always saved my files to documents before, documents file have some important files that prevent the document system folder from backing up to...
  6. Folders are located wrong, documents don't back up to onedrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folders are located wrong, documents don't back up to onedrive: There is a problem with my folders in the documents. I think that the issue is something like some folders are located in documents instead of local disc. I can't back up documents to onedrive because of important folders. Where can I relocate those folders? What kind of...
  7. Folders are located wrong, documents don't back up to onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folders are located wrong, documents don't back up to onedrive: There is a problem with my folders in the documents. I think that the issue is something like some folders are located in documents instead of local disc. I can't back up documents to onedrive because of important folders. Where can I relocate those folders? What kind of...
  8. Folders are located wrong, documents don't back up to onedrive

9. Why is the Documents folder in OneDrive showing up in ''This PC''?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is the Documents folder in OneDrive showing up in ''This PC''?: Hi gurus, Need help to fix this problem. 1 I have setup a new laptop with Windows 10 Home OS. 2 But in the File Explorer, the the Documents folder under ''This PC'' is the Documents folder in OneDrive. It's not the local Documents that is local in the hard drive of the...
  10. How OneDrive backs up library folders like Documents

in Windows 10 Support
    How OneDrive backs up library folders like Documents: I just activated OneDrive on my Windows 10 1803 laptop. The main reason I am interested is the new feature that allows one to backup key library folders such as Documents. However, I am trying to determine if, in selecting that option, will OneDrive then move the Documents...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot