Windows 10: why can't open some programs when I installed windows 10?

Discus and support why can't open some programs when I installed windows 10? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have buy a new computer last week,I have installed windows 10,but I found many programs couldn't open.why? 61312 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Song, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Song Win User

why can't open some programs when I installed windows 10?

I have buy a new computer last week,I have installed windows 10,but I found many programs couldn't open.why?

:)

2. Can't open some installed programs

I had tried that and there wasn't any error from their perspective .

In the end the problem was windows 10. After an update for my windows 10, the problem was completely solved for all apps/

TheodorosKoulopoulos, Aug 23, 2016
  3. Can't open some installed programs

Hi Theodoros,

A corrupted data may cause your game not to work properly. Here are
    two steps on how to isolate system issues:

Method 1: Perform a clean boot, this helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run
    a program in Windows 10. Here is the link on
    how to perform a clean boot.

Method 2: Here is a link on
    how to download Apps Troubleshooter.

Let us know how it turns out.

Jomari Arc, Aug 23, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hello, do you mean:

a. Before you upgraded to Win 10 (from Win 7?), the computer was running some other Windows version (Win 7?) and programs worked ok, but now not after upgrading to Win 10?

b. You bought a new computer with no OS installed, installed Win 10, and programs you have installed since then don't run?

c. Less likely from your text but possible: You bought a new PC with Win 10 build 10586 and upgraded to the anniversary edition, and having done so, some programs no longer work?

Please could you state the sequence of what's happened, and some example programs you're having trouble with, else I'm afraid no one can answer your question.

Please also complete your system spec in your profile, which mentions Win 7 at present.
    Thanks.

dalchina, Aug 23, 2016
  5. Song Win User
    Thanks you,my happened in B.
    I bought a new pc with no OS installed, installed Win 10, and programs I installed since then don't run.I don't know why.I have test install the program in other pc ,run ok.
    So, i think the program installation no problem

6. Whatphoeb Win User
    Sometimes Windows 10 apps won’t open due to ownership problems, but you can easily fix that. Change ownership of your C: drive

Whatphoeb, Aug 24, 2016
  7. Song Win User
    Thanks, could you tell me more details?

8. dalchina New Member

Thanks.

Make sure you have an up-to-date version of the program you are installing. I found 3 small programs became incompatible with Win 10 following the anniversary upgrade- but that should be unusual.

Depending on the program, you may have to
    - install it in compatibility mode
    - run it in compatibility mode.

This should also be relatively unusual.

Could you tell us some programs you are having problems with?

dalchina, Aug 24, 2016
  9. Cliff S New Member
    'scuse please...
    But no one in their right mind should do that*Redcarded!
    Quote from: Take Ownership - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    *Busted Do not take ownership of your Windows drive (ex: C: ). Doing so could result in Windows becoming very unstable.
    [/list]

Cliff S, Aug 24, 2016
  10. Song Win User
    Thanks so much,I have solved it

11. dalchina New Member
    Great- could you say how? Would help anyone who reads this.. thanks.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. why can't open some programs when I installed windows 10? - Similar Threads - why can't open

2. Can't Install Some Programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't Install Some Programs: Many times, when I download a program from https://www.giveawayoftheday.com/it won't install! I open the zipped package, click the setup.exe file, get the 'do you want to allow this app to make changes to your computer' , I click Yes,then nothing happens.I have bitdefender AV...
  3. Can't Install Some Programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Install Some Programs: Many times, when I download a program from https://www.giveawayoftheday.com/it won't install! I open the zipped package, click the setup.exe file, get the 'do you want to allow this app to make changes to your computer' , I click Yes,then nothing happens.I have bitdefender AV...
  4. Can't Install Some Programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 can't open programs

Windows 10 can't open programs: I've reinstalled windows twice already, it works about a week and then just stops opening programs. I've tried a bunch of solutions, none have worked for me so far, when I try sfc /scannow it says windows resource protection could not start repair service. I also get an error...
  6. when I install a program or open some files in Disk C:\ a message Error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    when I install a program or open some files in Disk C:\ a message Error: This is The error I get : C:\ProgramData\Toontrack is unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or drive is connected or the disc is inserted and then try again. If the location is on the network, make sure you 're connected to the network or Internet...
  7. Some programs are not opening

Some programs are not opening: Some programs such as the task manager or Google Chrome refuse to open under any circumstance. Task manager can be opened but i have to press the windows key then type task manager and run it as admin from there. Google chrome stopped working completely and i uninstalled it...
  8. Why can't I open an installer file?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why can't I open an installer file?: I downloaded a file that when opened id supposed to prompt you with an installer wizard, but no matter what app I use to "Open" it it either re-downloads a duplacit, or tells me I need admin permissions. I am the admin, and have no other accounts linked to this PC My photo...
  9. Stuttering when opening some programs

Stuttering when opening some programs: Hello! First of all sorry for my bad english. I have heavy stuttering for a couple of seconds when i open some programs and i noticed that this could be related to hardware accelleration. I think this because I had this problem on almost every program but i magically solved...
  10. I can't open a program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't open a program: Hey, The setup program (.exe) of Lightshot is on my C drive. I relocated my program files from my C to my D drive not too long ago, throught the regedit. But when I continued the installation through the setup program, it downloaded lightshot on my C drive. Whenever I...