Windows 10: Why can't sandboxie open these files

Discus and support Why can't sandboxie open these files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Not sure what folder to put this in - sorry. windows 10 pro 64-bit V. 1909 Build 18363.900 Why when scanning for bad programs can't sandboxie access... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jps99, Jun 27, 2020.

1. jps99 Win User

Why can't sandboxie open these files

Not sure what folder to put this in - sorry.
    windows 10 pro 64-bit
    V. 1909 Build 18363.900

Why when scanning for bad programs can't sandboxie access these files??
    I have dozens more which sandboxie can't access.
    C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore\DataStore.edb - unable to open [4]
    C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore\DataStore.jfm - unable to open [4]
    C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore\Logs\edb.log - unable to open [4]
    C:\hiberfil.sys - unable to open [4]
    C:\pagefile.sys - unable to open [4]
    C:\swapfile.sys - unable to open [4]

:)

jps99, Jun 27, 2020

2. Opening firefox in Sandboxie.

set your default html file and http protocol handler to Code: "%programfiles%\Sandboxie\Start.exe" "%programfiles%\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -osint -url "%1"[/quote] if you are using firefox as the default browser it should be Code: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\FirefoxHTML\shell\open\command[/quote] and Code: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\FirefoxURL\shell\open\command[/quote] ymmv

truth teller, Jun 27, 2020
  3. Keyscrambler and Sandboxie

Many users including me have found that the new version of Keyscrambler Personal - Free edition 3.1.0.0 for IE, Firefox and now Chrome does not work when the browsers are opened with Sandboxie. This easy fix is how to cure the problem.

Download Keyscrambler Personal - Free to your Desktop from Download KeyScrambler or some other reputable site. Do not download with a Sandboxied browser.

Go through the wizard and select your preferences. I suggest you choose the tray icon and for the program to start with Windows opening. You will have to reboot when finished.

KS will then work perfectly with IE, Firefox and Chrome unsandboxied, but will not work with the browsers Sandboxied.

Now follow this :-

Open Sandboxie Control. Then -
    Sandbox>Defaultbox>Sandbox Settings>Resourse Access-expand>IPC Access-expand>Direct Access>ADD (2 items) as under.

In panel Add Resource Name - add both these in turn, copy/paste using CNTRL+C for copy and CNTRL+V for paste :-

Add>\RPC Control\KSControlEp.Default*>OK - then :-
    Add>BaseNamedObjects*\KSSettingsEvent*>OK - then :-
    Click OK at bottom of Control Panel.

Open browsers with Sandboxie. The KS icon should show in the tray.
    Orange = not active but ON, Green = active, Black animated = traffic, Red = OFF - RT click, select KS ON.

Browsers IE, Firefox and Chrome opened with Sandboxie will now have KS working perfectly.
    This procedure should work with the paid versions of KS.

All done.

Bald Eagle, Jun 27, 2020
  4. Why can't sandboxie open these files

Keyscrambler and Sandboxie

Hope it helps, it did me.

My default browser is Chrome, but I do use Firefox and IE.

I am sure that the Sandboxie configuration fix is exclusive to Keyscrambler and does not include any browser reference. It worked immediately with Sandboxied Chrome, Firefox and IE.

So it should work OK with any other browser that Sandboxie is compatible for use with.

It may be that this fix is only needed when Sandboxie is already installed and KS is added afterwards. If KS is already installed and Sandboxie is added afterwards, then the Sandboxie installation wizard should pick up KS as an inherent program and include it in the configuration list. If so, this fix would not be needed.

Bald Eagle, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

Why can't sandboxie open these files

1. Why can't sandboxie open these files - Similar Threads - Why can't sandboxie

2. Why can't I open a Compressed file?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why can't I open a Compressed file?: I don't know but when I try to access the compressed folder it says cant open because the access is denied. Is there any solution???[ATTACH] see up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-open-a-compressed-file/4e607d6a-1e1a-4bc2-860f-aecbbb9d2184
  3. Why can't sandboxie open these files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why can't sandboxie open these files: Not sure what folder to put this in - sorry. windows 10 pro 64-bit V. 1909 Build 18363.900 Why when scanning for bad programs can't sandboxie access these files?? I have dozens more which sandboxie can't access. C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore\DataStore.edb -...
  4. Sandboxie

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sandboxie: Why is Sandboxie working so bad on Windows 10 pro 64 bit?? If you sandbox a site then try to do another site it takes forever for the 2nd site to appear. Usually I just delete the 1st site and create another for the 2nd sight. What a pain!!! 156676
  5. Sandboxie Technologies (SBIE Open source)

Sandboxie Technologies (SBIE Open source): During the past year, Sandboxie has gone from being a paid program, to freeware, and now Open source. This thread is dedicated to Tom Brown’s Sandboxie Open source project. I think what's special about this project is the sense of continuity that comes along with Tom’s...
  6. Sandboxie 5.33.6, an step toward open source

Sandboxie 5.33.6, an step toward open source: Sandboxie 5.33.6 was released yesterday. This version is not an official release, or even a beta, but we are being asked to test it and see if we are able to do with SBIE what we are used to doing with SBIE. This version is an step toward open source. They are getting ready...
  7. Why can't I open an installer file?

Why can't I open an installer file?: I downloaded a file that when opened id supposed to prompt you with an installer wizard, but no matter what app I use to "Open" it it either re-downloads a duplacit, or tells me I need admin permissions. I am the admin, and have no other accounts linked to this PC My photo...
  8. Sandboxie and Microsoft

Sandboxie and Microsoft: To all users or potential users of Sandboxie - The current version does not allow a login to any Microsoft account. Attempt to do so will freeze the screen and need hitting the "X" button. The fixing of this problem seems very unlikely as Sandboxie is now going open...
  9. Why can't I open the file explorer?

Why can't I open the file explorer?: I cannot open the file explorer. Whenever I click it, the screen just blinks then goes back to the same screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-open-the-file-explorer/ba99c094-eb8a-4ac4-a22d-cde159e6d768"
  10. Sandboxie

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sandboxie: I am running sandboxie in Windows 7 pro 64-bit. There is no sandboxie that I can find for Windows 10 64-bit. Have no idea what to replace it with. Some sites for supposedly sandboxie type programs come with ready made viruses.*Sad 2889