Windows 10: Why can't some Onedrive folders not sync?

Discus and support Why can't some Onedrive folders not sync? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have marked a folder as "always keep on this device". All of the various subfolders have a status that says they are synced. There are 209 of them.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MarkTiede, Feb 23, 2021.

1. MarkTiede Win User

Why can't some Onedrive folders not sync?

I have marked a folder as "always keep on this device". All of the various subfolders have a status that says they are synced. There are 209 of them. However, there are THREE that don't change their status icon. If I open up that subfolder, all of the files there say they are synced.

I've tried unchecking the "always keep on this device" option, and then later rechecking it. But the same thing happens.

Any clues to this odd behavior?

:)

MarkTiede, Feb 23, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Microsoft turns on shared folder sync for OneDrive

Source: Allow folders to be shared/co-owned with access/sync the same for all co-owners - Feature Suggestions for Microsoft OneDrive

Brink, Feb 23, 2021
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Slelective Onedrive syncing

Hi OliverE_921

Right click the OneDrive t the bottom right of your Screen and choose Settings

From Settings you can pick and choose which folders OneDrive will sync

I would suggest setting up a couple of folders either in your Documents Folder or wherever you wish and set OneDrive to just sync those folders, with your important data . ..

DaveM121, Feb 23, 2021
  4. Why can't some Onedrive folders not sync?

Caledon Ken, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

Why can't some Onedrive folders not sync?

1. Why can't some Onedrive folders not sync? - Similar Threads - Why can't Onedrive

2. OneDrive "Can't stop syncing folder" shouldn't exist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive "Can't stop syncing folder" shouldn't exist: I'm continually being notified of OneDrive reaching its capacity. I've opened OneDrive's settings to exclude folders to be told "Can't stop syncing folder. The folder you tried to unselect contains the Windows Documents folder, which is an important folder in Windows and is...
  3. OneDrive "Can't stop syncing folder" shouldn't exist

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive "Can't stop syncing folder" shouldn't exist: I'm continually being notified of OneDrive reaching its capacity. I've opened OneDrive's settings to exclude folders to be told "Can't stop syncing folder. The folder you tried to unselect contains the Windows Documents folder, which is an important folder in Windows and is...
  4. Can't stop OneDrive from syncing folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't stop OneDrive from syncing folders: I go through this everytime I have to rebuild my PC with this worthless sytem. It defaults to backing up everything in my life. I try to stop it from backing up MY GAMES folder inside my documents but it syas I have to wait until it finishes backing up the files before I can...
  5. Can't stop OneDrive from syncing folders

Can't stop OneDrive from syncing folders: I go through this everytime I have to rebuild my PC with this worthless sytem. It defaults to backing up everything in my life. I try to stop it from backing up MY GAMES folder inside my documents but it syas I have to wait until it finishes backing up the files before I can...
  6. Can't sync OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't sync OneDrive: I have two OneDrive accounts on my PC: work and personal. I want to place some files on the hard drive and keep the less frequently used in the cloud only. I can do that piece of cake with my personal account but can't get it to work for the work account. The OneDrive cloud...
  7. Can't sync OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sync OneDrive: I have two OneDrive accounts on my PC: work and personal. I want to place some files on the hard drive and keep the less frequently used in the cloud only. I can do that piece of cake with my personal account but can't get it to work for the work account. The OneDrive cloud...
  8. Can't sync OneDrive

9. OneDrive: Can't stop syncing folders - how to stop pointing essential folders to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OneDrive: Can't stop syncing folders - how to stop pointing essential folders to OneDrive: Must have done a mistake while setting up my new PC, because Desktop, Documents and Pictures got linked to OneDrive rather than being local to the PC (all marked with little cloud). Tried unchecking the folders to stop syncing them, but got a message that I couldn't stop...
  10. Not Syncing Folders with OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not Syncing Folders with OneDrive: How do I add a folder to my desktop without having OneDrive attempt to sync it? I wanted to move a large file and for ease of access wanted to place it on the desktop. I don't want OneDrive to upload all 6GB of it. What I tried: I created a "Local" folder on Desktop. I...