Windows 10: Why cant someone figure why built in web cam is missing from device manager in windows 10?

Discus and support Why cant someone figure why built in web cam is missing from device manager in windows 10? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am wondering why no one has come up with a solution to fix why not only mine but other users built in webcam does not show in device manager. Yes i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lorieromero, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Why cant someone figure why built in web cam is missing from device manager in windows 10?

I am wondering why no one has come up with a solution to fix why not only mine but other users built in webcam does not show in device manager. Yes i have updated the bios, I have scanned for new hardware, I have gone to the privacy and given permissions, I have deleted antivirus and tried that way and nothing changes. About 6 builds ago i got it back but was not stable and then next build it was gone. I can find the string in the registry.

The manufacturer of the camera is microsoft i have tried that too. I have also tried the computer manufacturer ASUS and nothing. An you cannot get a driver for a device that does not appear in the device manager. There has to be a solution. My keyboard background lights dont work. I know when this happened in the begginning builds there was a program called ATK that fixed the problem but not anymore. I know someone out there in Microsoft or Windows land has to have a solution. I like windows 10 but I feel developers are to busy coming up with improvements on apps and other things .Instead of fixing the broken things. Another thing why when a page comes up the page scrolls all the way to the bottom and you have to push the enter key on my numeric key pad to get it to stop? If there is a correct solution for the issue please someone tell me.

:)

lorieromero, Feb 6, 2019

2. web cam missing upgrading to WIndows 10

I just upgraded my Toshiba lap top to Windows 10 I can't find my web cam, I went into device manager and there is no listing for imaging devive, even went down to usb to see if I if I had a warning sign nothing, what do I do.

Original title: web cam

Philip Gregory1507, Feb 6, 2019
  3. Jason Win User
    How to determine if built in web cam is broken

This laptop has a web cam but Skype does not seem to see it. I even looked at device manager and there are no imaging devices listed. I tried to also use the Windows 10 camera app and it claims the camera is busy.

The system is brand new. Is this a hardware issue?

Jason, Feb 6, 2019
  4. Why cant someone figure why built in web cam is missing from device manager in windows 10?

ASUS AVG web cam

I have an Asus Tp550la and the built in web cam gives an error that its not connected. I tried all the suggestions related to this problem nothing worked. Went to the ASUS website they dont have any drivers listed for my model. Imaging device doesnt show
    up in device manager either. Scanned for hardware changes-nothing, Uninstalled everything that would likely pertain to a web cam-nothing, Reinstalled Win !0 fresh-nothing. I dont know what else to do any other ideas would greatly be appreciated. Thanks

TroyFerrero, Feb 6, 2019
Thema:

Why cant someone figure why built in web cam is missing from device manager in windows 10?

1. Why cant someone figure why built in web cam is missing from device manager in windows 10? - Similar Threads - Why cant someone

2. My built in web cam has stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My built in web cam has stopped working: I currently have a HP Pavilion All-in-One - 24-xa0024, all of a sudden my web cam has stopped working. IT does not show in the device manager and all the utilities to self repair fail. I have Windows 10 OS Build 19044 .I cant find the camera anywhere on my computer at all. I...
  3. Windows 10 can't find my laptops built in web cam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 can't find my laptops built in web cam: When I click on the windows app Camera windows comes back with an error message saying it cannot see my camera. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-cant-find-my-laptops-built-in-web-cam/0c59c811-57da-4415-8d63-2192569345f0
  4. Windows 10 can't find my laptops built in web cam

Windows 10 can't find my laptops built in web cam: When I click on the windows app Camera windows comes back with an error message saying it cannot see my camera. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-cant-find-my-laptops-built-in-web-cam/0c59c811-57da-4415-8d63-2192569345f0
  5. built in web cam

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    built in web cam: my Sony Vaio web cam does not work after Windows 10 upgrade https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/built-in-web-cam/a9730f1a-1ecb-4633-a263-d3f29c92ed18
  6. Vaio SVF1521C2EW Web Cam not in Device Manager

Vaio SVF1521C2EW Web Cam not in Device Manager: Hope someone here can help with this. I have posted in Sony community but up to now I have had no response. My friend has a Vaio Product Name: SVF1521C2EW which I updated from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and replaced the HDD to an SSD two or three years ago. Everything works...
  7. Web Cam: I went into device manager but camera was not even on there

Web Cam: I went into device manager but camera was not even on there: My webcam was working fine but today I went to sign in for a meeting and the video would not work. I went into device manager but camera was not even on there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-cam/c7e79ba6-403e-4dff-950f-eb3946345923
  8. Web Cam: It is recognised by the Device Manager but there is no Driver for it

Web Cam: It is recognised by the Device Manager but there is no Driver for it: I have a Samsung TV Camera which I would like to use on my Windows 10 64bit Desktop PC. It is recognised by the Device Manager but there is no Driver for it. Not that it should require a Driver anyway. How can I get it to work?...
  9. Device Manager in windows 10 does not recognize my Logictech C920 web cam.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Device Manager in windows 10 does not recognize my Logictech C920 web cam.: The only camera that comes up is the integrated web cam. the mic for the C920 web cam shows up, but not the camera itself. I have tried downloaded the latest drivers, unplugged and replugged in the camera. The USB does work, I plugged in the plug for my wireless mouse and...
  10. Web cams for Windows 10

Web cams for Windows 10: Is Microsoft Life Cam HD-3000 compatible with Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/web-cams-for-windows-10/e55a3983-eb91-4b2a-b546-6a071398f701