Windows 10: Why can't we delete

Discus and support Why can't we delete in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; On 3/20/2019, I thought I was downloading an update to Adobe Flash Player and was not watching closely to see there were additional downloads. As... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TemporaryUser0101, May 17, 2019.

1. Why can't we delete

On 3/20/2019, I thought I was downloading an update to Adobe Flash Player and was not watching closely to see there were additional downloads. As such, I got several programs I did not want and am now having massive programs. I have downloaded all the programs except one, "CHROMIUM". In using Control Panel, I cannot delete the Chromium program. I have now tried several times and it will not download. When I click to delete it, the system is tied up for a long time and the program is not deleted. I am lost as to what to do and am still having a lot of problems with the computer. I get errors that should not happen such as in Excel I am constantly getting an error message about there being a problem with circular references in formulas even though it is a new workbook and worksheet with no formulas whatsoever. In word I get this error when trying to save new files:

The following cannot be saved in a macro-free document:

o VBA project
    To save a file with these features, click NO to return to the SAVE AS dialog, and then choose a macro-enabled file type in the File Type drop-down.

Continue saving as a macro-free document?

And then once, and thankfully only once I got this error:

Upon start-up, ran into situation and an error never seen before. When the system began (booted) it opened a Edge page for Windows Support (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hub/4338813/windows-help?os=windows-10) I wanted to save it to refer to later so I tried to open WORD by using the icon on the task bar. Instead, I got the following error:

Error found in Custom UI XML:

Line: 1

Column: 174

Error Code 0x80004005

Failed to find Office control by ID

ID: mso:AutoSaveSwitch

OK

So, again, I have deleted all the problem unwanted programs accidentally downloaded except Chromium and I cannot delete that program even though I have tried numerous time.

Another issue I am having that I did not have before the unwanted programs were installed is that when i am working in Excel or Word, I will begin typing something and the system will momentarily freeze, then after a minute or so, it flashes the screen off, then an error message that the program is not responding and then it unfreezes and i can work in it again, for some time until it freezes again. It is very frustrating and is killing the efficiency of this system which should be super fast as I have a 1T hard drive, 16G of memory and an external drive where all my data programs are saved.

So, how do I delete this program "CHROMIUM", other than Control Panel, Uninstall/Change?

:)

TemporaryUser0101, May 17, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, May 17, 2019
  3. bestellen Win User
    Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, May 17, 2019
  4. jmcslob Win User

Why can't we delete

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool Why can't we delete :cool:

jmcslob, May 17, 2019
Thema:

Why can't we delete

1. Why can't we delete - Similar Threads - Why can't delete

2. Why can't we comment on articles anymore?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't we comment on articles anymore?: It seems the comment section on articles is broke, can't comment on any article like we use to. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-we-comment-on-articles-anymore/2a933727-250d-4351-946e-b838daea3ca0
  3. Why can't we comment on articles anymore?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't we comment on articles anymore?: It seems the comment section on articles is broke, can't comment on any article like we use to. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-we-comment-on-articles-anymore/2a933727-250d-4351-946e-b838daea3ca0
  4. why can't we load the butterfly on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    why can't we load the butterfly on windows 10?: All we want is the Butterfly icon on our computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-we-load-the-butterfly-on-windows-10/237c483d-fa37-411d-9488-718ec852089d
  5. why can't we load the butterfly on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why can't we load the butterfly on windows 10?: All we want is the Butterfly icon on our computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-we-load-the-butterfly-on-windows-10/237c483d-fa37-411d-9488-718ec852089d
  6. Why can't we run programs through cmd?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why can't we run programs through cmd?: When we type in run for example "firefox" or "vlc" it works.And in CMD or PowerShell it doesn't happen the same.Since the directory that firefox and vlc are in is not in Path in the Environment variables....
  7. Why can't we turn of "Auto-Detection" anymore?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why can't we turn of "Auto-Detection" anymore?: Its really annoying to have all your windows go over into another screen cause of this useless feature and when searching for it saw it used to exist and that u could turn it of but upon more looking around it seems like it was a great idea to u guys to delete that option and...
  8. Why can't I delete?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why can't I delete?: I have three folders in my video file, 1 with music videos they play normal and 2 empty. Every time I try to delete them, I get the alert I can't see atch. It does that if I try one at a time or all three at the same time. Searches always brings me back to my video file....
  9. Why can't we use OneDrive logs?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why can't we use OneDrive logs?: I am trying to solve a very serious issue with OneDrive with the Microsoft Support for more than 3 days, basically I cannot sync OneDrive since I switched to Windows 3 days ago. I have received more than 10 email from the support, sending screenshots and needed information,...
  10. Why can't we Uninstall Microsoft Edge? It's ****!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why can't we Uninstall Microsoft Edge? It's ****!: Windows suck and I am hating edge and refuse to let it work,I use google!! **** Microsoft **** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-we-uninstall-microsoft-edge-its/95a52979-2592-43d2-ae17-3cd6101959b7