Windows 10: Why can't we install Google Chrome from Edge?

Discus and support Why can't we install Google Chrome from Edge? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I would just like to know why we aren't able to install Google Chrome from Edge. I personally prefer Google Chrome over Microsoft Edge because it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Michelle_2212, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Why can't we install Google Chrome from Edge?

Hi,

I would just like to know why we aren't able to install Google Chrome from Edge. I personally prefer Google Chrome over Microsoft Edge because it is an easier search engine to use and we have become so accustomed to using chrome.

Will this issue be rectified in the near future?

Thank you.

:)

Michelle_2212, Mar 26, 2019
  2. Arul_D Win User

Google Chrome not working windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Are you facing any issues with Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer?
    • Is the issue confined to Google Chrome?
    • Have you tried uninstalling/re-installing Google Chrome?
    There could be several reasons for this cause. I would suggest you to try the steps below and check the result.

Uninstall Google Chrome and then re-install

Press Windows key + X and click Programs & Features

Right click Google Chrome and click Uninstall

Re-install Google Chrome and check.

If the issue still persists, please contact the developer of Google Chrome.

Google Chrome Support Forum

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Arul_D, Mar 26, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Mar 26, 2019
  4. Why can't we install Google Chrome from Edge?

Google Chrome download

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall the application and download the setup files or install directly from Internet explorer by following the steps below:

• Open Internet explorer and type ‘www.google.com’ in the address bar.
    • To will get a notification on the right side of the browser to download and install Google Chrome.
    • Click on the notification and follow the prompts to download and install the Google Chrome application.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 26, 2019
Thema:

Why can't we install Google Chrome from Edge?

1. Why can't we install Google Chrome from Edge? - Similar Threads - Why can't install

2. Is the download of google chrome blocked on edge??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is the download of google chrome blocked on edge??: I would like to download chrome because I want to be able to access my gmail from the website which doesn't work on edge i just get a 404 error. you'll probably say just use outlook but a lot of the time the emails i need dont come as soon as i need them and if they are...
  3. Is the download of google chrome blocked on edge??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is the download of google chrome blocked on edge??: I would like to download chrome because I want to be able to access my gmail from the website which doesn't work on edge i just get a 404 error. you'll probably say just use outlook but a lot of the time the emails i need dont come as soon as i need them and if they are...
  4. Why or how Google search request from Chrome appeared in Microsoft Edge?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why or how Google search request from Chrome appeared in Microsoft Edge?: Hi,I ran my PC today as usual which brought me a new update from Windows Updated: 2023-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5023706. While the system advised me to restart my computer, I continued searching in the Chrome browser. After a...
  5. Why or how Google search request from Chrome appeared in Microsoft Edge?

Why or how Google search request from Chrome appeared in Microsoft Edge?: Hi,I ran my PC today as usual which brought me a new update from Windows Updated: 2023-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5023706. While the system advised me to restart my computer, I continued searching in the Chrome browser. After a...
  6. Microsoft Edge vs Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge vs Google Chrome: I have both of them web browsers for my windows 10 pc, i mostly use chrome for my google account to link with my other devices that use my google account and i am wondering which one is best or better for video streaming with the likes of netflix and youtube etc?...
  7. Microsoft Edge vs Google Chrome

Microsoft Edge vs Google Chrome: I have both of them web browsers for my windows 10 pc, i mostly use chrome for my google account to link with my other devices that use my google account and i am wondering which one is best or better for video streaming with the likes of netflix and youtube etc?...
  8. Why can't we Uninstall Microsoft Edge? It's ****!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why can't we Uninstall Microsoft Edge? It's ****!: Windows suck and I am hating edge and refuse to let it work,I use google!! **** Microsoft **** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-we-uninstall-microsoft-edge-its/95a52979-2592-43d2-ae17-3cd6101959b7
  9. Problem with Chrome extensions (by Google) in Edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with Chrome extensions (by Google) in Edge: Hi! Does anyone know how to get extensions from Google (Save to Keep, Drive) working? I have no problems with other extensions but these keep asking me to log in and I already am. Message is: You must sign in to use the Google Keep Chrome Extension. submitted by...
  10. Any Google Chrome vs Edge chrome benchmarks?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any Google Chrome vs Edge chrome benchmarks?: I've been using both for some time now but it's really annoying, I just want to stick to one but they are both great and for me it's a 50/50, so I basically want the performance of them to tell me which one to get :D There must be some benchmarks right? I know Edge Chrome is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant download chrome from edge

2. why cant i download google chrome from edge

3. why cant i download google chrome

4. cant install chrome from edge,
  5. why cant i install chrome,
  6. cant install chrome on windows10,
  7. why i cant download google chrome from edge,
  8. cant install google chrome,
  9. cant install chrome on edge,
  10. cant download chrome on edge,
  11. why cant i download chrome on microsoft edge,