Windows 10: Why can't we just pin anything to the start menu?

Discus and support Why can't we just pin anything to the start menu? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I mean seriously. This seems like something that should be a dead simple thing to do. But instead it's needlessly complicated. I want to just drag and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FlashyPaladin, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Why can't we just pin anything to the start menu?

I mean seriously. This seems like something that should be a dead simple thing to do. But instead it's needlessly complicated. I want to just drag and drop a shortcut to the start menu, but I can't.

:)

FlashyPaladin, Feb 2, 2020

2. How to pin shortcut to start menu.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you would like to know how to pin short cut to start menu.

I would suggest you to refer to the article given below if you are using Windows 7.

Pin a program to the Start menu

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Pin-a-program-to-the-Start-menu

And if you are using Windows 10 then I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

Pin apps to Start

Pin the apps you use most often to the Start menu. Here's how:

• Go to Start > All Apps.
    • Press and hold (or right-click) an app.
    • Select Pin to Start.

Hope this helps. Please let us know the results. We will be happy to assist you further.

Mayank Gupta10, Feb 2, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Windows 10 Pin HTML file to Start Menu

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

You can pin the website to Start

• Open the web site and click on (…)
    • Click on pin to start

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Feb 2, 2020
  4. John Sarc Win User

Why can't we just pin anything to the start menu?

Start Menu

Hi,

To pin a website to Start, see the steps below:

• Click on the ellipsis button (three vertical dots) at the upper-right corner of the page >
      Pin this page to Start.
    • After doing that, the page should show up on the Start menu as one of the tiles.

Let us know what happens after following the steps.

John Sarc, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

Why can't we just pin anything to the start menu?

1. Why can't we just pin anything to the start menu? - Similar Threads - Why can't pin

2. Can't pin documents to start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't pin documents to start menu: I'm sorry if someone has asked this already. I can't find an answer easily.I am very frustrated at seeming to be unable to pin documents to the start menu or Quick Access like I could with Windows 10. I want to be able to get to my favourite documents within two clicks,...
  3. Can't pin documents to start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't pin documents to start menu: I'm sorry if someone has asked this already. I can't find an answer easily.I am very frustrated at seeming to be unable to pin documents to the start menu or Quick Access like I could with Windows 10. I want to be able to get to my favourite documents within two clicks,...
  4. I can't click on anything in the start menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't click on anything in the start menu: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jq910 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/inynd0/i_cant_click_on_anything_in_the_start_menu/
  5. Can't pin clock on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't pin clock on Start Menu: When I open the Alarm and Clock app, go to the Clock tab and select the time I want to pin to Start Menu it doesn't show up. If I select to pin it again, it will give me the option to unpin it from the Star Menu, even though it's not pinned. So basically the system it's...
  6. Can't pin apps to start-menu.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't pin apps to start-menu.: Is this really a limitation for win10? Obviously apps can be pinned as tiles, but it's impossible to pin them to the left area? *Huh It seems that only a select list of folders can be pinned there, but not apps, or any personal folders. You're stuck with some automated...
  7. Cannot pin anything to Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot pin anything to Start Menu: 1. The only shortcuts I have are Edge and Settings. They can be unpinned, but not added back 2. Nothing happens when attempting to do so. 3. Can pin to taskbar 4. .lnk files work file 5. SFC failed to find anything or repair anything 6. Ditto with DISM 7. New user...
  8. I can't click on anything in the start menu.

in Windows 10 Support
    I can't click on anything in the start menu.: Hello, I had this problem in Windows 8 and 8.1 as well, so i figured with the new ten I'd actually try to get this fixed. Before, it didn't bug me as much. Before the update i simply wiped my computer just like i did before 8.1 so that it could install faster and not have to...
  9. Can't click on anything in Taskbar or Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't click on anything in Taskbar or Start Menu: Good day. I have an HP notebook with Windows 10 and yesterday I noticed that when I tried to open any programs from the taskbar, nothing happened. I clicked on the Start Menu also, nothing again. Even if I wave my mouse on the taskbar/Start menu. The icons don't light...
  10. Can't pin anything to start menu? and start menu search results?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't pin anything to start menu? and start menu search results?: Either the Windows 10 start menu really sucks or I am using it wrong. I am used to the StartisBack/Windows 7 menu where you can pin anything and all applications will come up in search results. In the Windows 10 menu, I can't pin anything to the start menu that's not already...