Windows 10: why cant we put a password on a folder??

Discus and support why cant we put a password on a folder?? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, everybody, it's just a question in why can't I put a password on a folder there is always this one folder in everyone computer that they don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Just DazedThunder, Feb 23, 2020.

1. why cant we put a password on a folder??

Hello, everybody, it's just a question in why can't I put a password on a folder there is always this one folder in everyone computer that they don't want anybody to find whether its private photos or videos or even a project that they are working on but they don't want anyone to find out and yeah the hidden files feature isn't enough because basically anyone can just show them with a click what I'm saying is if I'm using a computer that is being used by a group of pepole yeah I would love to just put a password on the folder and keep anyone away from creeping on my files so I hope you add this feature soon because its an important feature.

Looking forward to hearing from you guys

:)

Just DazedThunder, Feb 23, 2020

2. Private folders encrypted and password protected folders

Im posting this because i've been looking for a free tool like this sense XP thought people should know about it *Toast :toast:

Windows 7 when combined with Pismo get’s an incredible feature of creating password protected folders ( *.pfo ) which they call as Private Folders. It is just like any other folder to which you can add any folder and do any operation but not password protections just comes out of the box in Windows 7.

Updated :

To create a private folder, you need to make a right click, select new and then private folders

why cant we put a password on a folder?? [​IMG]

How to create private folder in windows 7

why cant we put a password on a folder?? [​IMG]

To re-lock right click unmount

Windows 7
    private folders

Here are the features which will interest you :

* Password protection.
    * Mount visibility to owner or entire users group.
    * In case you make it available to entire user group, you get option to make it available as network drive
    * Type of access to users , Read or Read and Write

Private folders are just incredible way to share private data with set of people you want. This is what makes private folders rock. Its just not securing your data but also sharing data privately with others. You can download Pismo Private Folder from here

Live OR Die, Feb 23, 2020
  3. password a folder Windows 10

Hello,

To create a folder with passwords using 7-Zip follow these steps:
    • Download 7-Zip from
      here
      and install it.
    • Select the folder you want and right-click > 7-Zip > add to archive
    • At this point fill in the fields dedicated to the encryption by entering the password you want to set and click OK.

I hope it's useful.

Regards,
    Alby

Alberto Giura (AlbyTech), Feb 23, 2020
  4. Namslas90 Win User

why cant we put a password on a folder??

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Feb 23, 2020
Thema:

why cant we put a password on a folder??

1. why cant we put a password on a folder?? - Similar Threads - why cant put

2. Windows Enterprise keep changing to Pro? Why is this happening? if even we put the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Enterprise keep changing to Pro? Why is this happening? if even we put the...: Windows Enterprise keep changing to Pro? Why is this happening? if even we put the enterprise key in couple of days reverts back to Pro again....
  3. Windows Enterprise keep changing to Pro? Why is this happening? if even we put the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Enterprise keep changing to Pro? Why is this happening? if even we put the...: Windows Enterprise keep changing to Pro? Why is this happening? if even we put the enterprise key in couple of days reverts back to Pro again....
  4. Windows Enterprise keep changing to Pro? Why is this happening? if even we put the...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Putting up a password protected folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Putting up a password protected folder: I can't put up a password protected folder, I did change the network and sharing settings as it told but it still doesn't help!My computer is connected to a Microsoft account, but that also doesn't help!...
  6. why cant we view folder types?!

why cant we view folder types?!: how do I view the folder type in windows 10 I have tried everything Microsoft suggestions and questions said! but they never work... so My question is, how do we view the folder type in windows 10?, well I think its .fol .fil .file .fld .fold my, But you can also write what...
  7. Why cant we boot from sd card?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why cant we boot from sd card?: Recently I wanted to install Ubuntu Linux with my Windows in dual boot but while installing it my SD Card reader for some reason stopped working, i have a port of SD Card in my laptop and it appears in the boot section but the problem is that i cannot boot from it, I dont...
  8. Why cant we have a half doughnut in Paint 3d

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why cant we have a half doughnut in Paint 3d: Why cant we have a half doughnut or a cutting tool on an object like I'm trying to make a shape that I can easily in paint but it's difficult to even try to make it like there's no cutting tool for 3d objects but 2d gets erase tool and stickers too like what are you afraid...
  9. How do I put a password on a folder?

How do I put a password on a folder?: How do I put a password on a folder in Microsoft 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-put-a-password-on-a-folder/1a677087-8aed-42a9-a57e-6197d4c0a122
  10. Why do we put up with such bad service

in Windows 10 Support
    Why do we put up with such bad service: Hi. Please excuse my 'long in the tooth' approach - I come from an IT service management background - but can someone explain to me please why we put up with software changes (e.g. Win 7 to 10) that create a plethora of complaints, discussions and cries for help on forums...