Windows 10: why cant we view folder types?!

Discus and support why cant we view folder types?! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; how do I view the folder type in windows 10 I have tried everything Microsoft suggestions and questions said! but they never work... so My question is,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by lolthissucksinmymindbutst, Mar 19, 2021.

1. why cant we view folder types?!

how do I view the folder type in windows 10 I have tried everything Microsoft suggestions and questions said! but they never work... so My question is, how do we view the folder type in windows 10?, well I think its .fol .fil .file .fld .fold my, But you can also write what you think is the type of a folder. so please can you seriously help meeeeeeeeee! please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pls. just help me now.

:)

lolthissucksinmymindbutst, Mar 19, 2021
  2. mrgeek Win User

Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, Mar 19, 2021
  3. Custom Folder view for new folders registery hack ?

Te new folder has default view of LIST

I want DETAILS

When making new system ... it's a pain in ass changing always.

RuskiSnajper, Mar 19, 2021
  4. TomStrong Win User

why cant we view folder types?!

Folder view issue

I want my folders (and subfolders) to stay in List view but they keep changing to Details view.

I have tried View>Options>Apply to Folders many times but it doesn't stick.

Any suggestions?

TomStrong, Mar 19, 2021
Thema:

why cant we view folder types?!

1. why cant we view folder types?! - Similar Threads - why cant view

2. Why does my folder view keep reverting to details view?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my folder view keep reverting to details view?: I keep trying to set my file explorer to show files in medium icons, but when I close it, it then opens with list view again. How can I get it to remember my choices...
  3. Why does my folder view keep reverting to details view?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does my folder view keep reverting to details view?: I keep trying to set my file explorer to show files in medium icons, but when I close it, it then opens with list view again. How can I get it to remember my choices...
  4. Why does my folder view keep reverting to details view?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Change View Type for a Set of Folders?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change View Type for a Set of Folders?: Hello. I have a computer with Windows 11 Home version 22H2 build 2261.819.I am trying to set a default File Explorer view for a set of folders, which are all in the same parent folder:These folders have all configuration files and images in them, so Windows File Explorer...
  6. Change View Type for a Set of Folders?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change View Type for a Set of Folders?: Hello. I have a computer with Windows 11 Home version 22H2 build 2261.819.I am trying to set a default File Explorer view for a set of folders, which are all in the same parent folder:These folders have all configuration files and images in them, so Windows File Explorer...
  7. why cant we put a password on a folder??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why cant we put a password on a folder??: Hello, everybody, it's just a question in why can't I put a password on a folder there is always this one folder in everyone computer that they don't want anybody to find whether its private photos or videos or even a project that they are working on but they don't want...
  8. Folder View Type Change Problem in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Folder View Type Change Problem in Windows 10: Its possible to customize one or more folders to a specific file view like "list" or "details" for example? Whenever I close the folder or go back to the previous folder the default system sets back default view which was adopted by the system or the view that was defined by...
  9. Add 'File Type' permanently to my folder view

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add 'File Type' permanently to my folder view: Hi, Every time I open a music folder I have to right click on the columns and select file type as I wish to see if they are flac, mp3 or m4a files. How do I set it to permanently display this for all the folders? Many thanks. 74263
  10. Apply Folder View to All Folders of Same Type in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Apply Folder View to All Folders of Same Type in Windows 10: How to: Apply Folder View to All Folders of Same Type in Windows 10 How to Apply a Folder's View to All Folders of Same Template Type in Windows 10 While browsing folders in File Explorer, you can apply the view settings of the current folder to all folders on your PC...