Windows 10: Why Can't Windows 10 Mail and Calendar "reply" or "forward" saved *.eml files?

Discus and support Why Can't Windows 10 Mail and Calendar "reply" or "forward" saved *.eml files? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Wondering why Windows 10 Mail and Calendar can only read/open saved *.eml files on my local hard drive, but not reply or forward a saved *.eml file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Karl-Smith, May 10, 2021.

1. Why Can't Windows 10 Mail and Calendar "reply" or "forward" saved *.eml files?

Wondering why Windows 10 Mail and Calendar can only read/open saved *.eml files on my local hard drive, but not reply or forward a saved *.eml file once opened? These *.eml files have not been "moved to" a folder created within Mail and Calendar itself. They've been saved to a local hard drive either by Windows Live Mail 2012 on my prior PC running Windows 10 and then moved to my new PC, or by Mail and Calendar itself on my new PC running Windows 10 x64 Home. Windows Live Mail had the capability to open a saved *.eml file, and then either reply or forward.

:)

Karl-Smith, May 10, 2021
  2. AZRon2 Win User

cannot print, forward, reply to, etc., a .eml file in Windows 10 Mail

I have set Windows 10 Mail as my default email client and made sure that "Mail" is set to handle .eml files. I have some .eml files I have saved on my hard drive, and if double-click on a .eml file it opens up, the window says "Mail"
    in the upper left corner, and there are some dots running across the top of the window where the contents of the email are displayed, as if
    something good is about to happen, but this never changes, even after two minutes or longer. There is no menu associated with this Mail window. Right-click does not bring up a menu. Ctrl-p does nothing.

When I navigate to a .eml file I can select Outlook or WLM (instead of Mail) to open the file, and then I can print it, such as to a PDF so I can share it with others, but I don't want to forward the email to anyone, or try Reply or Reply all, using this
    technique because I don't want to use multiple email clients on this PC.

A YouTube video (from Britec09) suggested I "Reset" the app, but then I would have to add back the accounts I want to access, and I'm not sure Reset will fix anything.

Has anyone else seen a problem where Mail has difficulty opening and properly handling .eml files, and is there a known fix?

AZRon2, May 10, 2021
  3. nt62 Win User
    mail app NOT eml

Am I missing something ?
    Mail App doesn't open .eml files ?

Mail App doesn't have > save as > .eml or .htm or .txt ?

Mail App doesn't have an option to display as list summaries ?

4. Why Can't Windows 10 Mail and Calendar "reply" or "forward" saved *.eml files?

Printing hard drive saved .eml files

I am saving Mail (.eml) files to hard drive. Previously to print these saved files I have changed .eml to .mht and page printed by Internet Explorer. Since latest update on Windows 10, I cannot change file
    definition and hence can't print these saved files. How can I now print these saved .eml files?

DavidWills1, May 10, 2021
Thema:

Why Can't Windows 10 Mail and Calendar "reply" or "forward" saved *.eml files?

1. Why Can't Windows 10 Mail and Calendar "reply" or "forward" saved *.eml files? - Similar Threads - Why Can't Mail

2. Windows 10 Mail App removes images on signture or mail when replying or forwarding mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Mail App removes images on signture or mail when replying or forwarding mail: Hello, I can add signature with picture If I compose an e-mail from beginning and there is no error. But If I reply or forward an e-mail, app removes image on signature or mail body. And It shows image as an attachment like shown below. [ATTACH] I think there is a...
  3. Trying to find .eml files for Windows Mail app

Trying to find .eml files for Windows Mail app: Where is it located? I looked into this folder: C:\Users\rahul\AppData\Local\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState but can't find any folder which contains .eml files....
  4. EML (.eml) Files

EML (.eml) Files: I have several .eml files saved to "Documents". While these will open with "Mail" there does not seem to be any option to "Print". Previously I had had these open with "Windows Live Mail" but this is no longer an option after latest update. Present option is to use EML -->...
  5. Change the prefix for replied and forwarded mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change the prefix for replied and forwarded mail: Hello! How can I change localized prefix for replied and forwarded mail (ODP and PD in Polish version) to international RE and FW in Windows 10 Mail App? Windows 10 Pro 1903 (18362.267) Robert Drygas...
  6. cannot print, forward, reply to, etc., a .eml file in Windows 10 Mail

cannot print, forward, reply to, etc., a .eml file in Windows 10 Mail: I have set Windows 10 Mail as my default email client and made sure that "Mail" is set to handle .eml files. I have some .eml files I have saved on my hard drive, and if double-click on a .eml file it opens up, the window says "Mail" in the upper left corner, and there are...
  7. Windows 10 Mails app reply or forward from another account

Windows 10 Mails app reply or forward from another account: I have5 email's accounts configured with imap. 2 gmails , one hotmail and 2 gsuits. I linked them all for a unified view. sometime i receive a message in one account (account gmail for example) and need to reply or forward this specific email from a different mail (from...
  8. Import .EML files to Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Import .EML files to Windows 10 Mail: Hello I have .eml files stored on disk but outside of Windows 10 Mail. I need to import them into Windows 10 Mail. If I double-click one of them, Windows 10 Mail opens the email in a separate window with no action options. It appears to be simply a reader program. The...
  9. Eml mail

in Browsers and Email
    Eml mail: ​How do you open Eml mail in Windows 10? 33545
  10. mail app NOT eml

in Browsers and Email
    mail app NOT eml: Am I missing something ? Mail App doesn't open .eml files ? Mail App doesn't have > save as > .eml or .htm or .txt ? Mail App doesn't have an option to display as list summaries ? 7939