Windows 10: Why can't Windows adjust to DST automatically?

Discus and support Why can't Windows adjust to DST automatically? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/pdwHu [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jhw9lf/why_cant_windows_adjust_to_dst_automatically/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/pdwHu, Oct 25, 2020.

1. /u/pdwHu Win User

Why can't Windows adjust to DST automatically?

/u/pdwHu, Oct 25, 2020

2. Motorola Q9h - WM6 - Fido - DST Adjusted twice.

With the recent change from DST to Std time, I noticed that shortly after 2am, my phone displayed a message that the system automatically adjusted the time. I acknowledged the msg and verified that the time was indeed correct. I'm not sure what time it
    occured, after waking up later, I noticed that I got the same message on my phone and the time was shifted yet again. So now it's an extra hour behind. I manually adjusted the time, but the double adjustment to Std time was unexpected.

Why can't Windows adjust to DST automatically? [​IMG]

Any comments as to why this may have occurred?

Exocet7839, Oct 25, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Streaming video, sound adjust automatically

Hi Dannowa12,

Corrupted or outdated drivers may be the possible reason why the sound adjusted automatically. To efficiently assist you, kindly answer the following questions below:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Does this happen only when streaming videos?

In the meantime, I suggest you follow these methods to troubleshoot your laptop:

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • Change View by from Category to Small Icons/Large Icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Select Hardware and Devices and follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2: I suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot sound problems.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Oct 25, 2020
  4. Why can't Windows adjust to DST automatically?

Automatic brightness adjustment

I am running Windows 10 and I cannot disable automatic adjustment of brightness. The brightness keeps dimming after every few minutes inspite of going through all the settings suggested on the forums. How do I disable automatic brightness adjustment? Any
    help will be much appreciated!!

PrashantSalla, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

Why can't Windows adjust to DST automatically?

1. Why can't Windows adjust to DST automatically? - Similar Threads - Why can't adjust

2. Why can't I adjust the brightness?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I adjust the brightness?: I can't adjust my brightness with only my keyboard for some reason. When I press the brighness key, the brightness level shows up on my screen, but I can't adjust it, neither by mouse nor keys. I can only adjust it by going to settings first but I just want to be able to do...
  3. Why can't I adjust the brightness?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I adjust the brightness?: I can't adjust my brightness with only my keyboard for some reason. When I press the brighness key, the brightness level shows up on my screen, but I can't adjust it, neither by mouse nor keys. I can only adjust it by going to settings first but I just want to be able to do...
  4. Why can't I adjust the brightness?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. DST for Iran

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DST for Iran: Windows changed the clock on March 22nd 2023 for Iran but Iran has stopped following Daylight Saving Time. This is a bughttps://time.is/time_zone_news/iran_cancels_daylight_saving_time...
  6. Why can't I adjust the size of windows anymore.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why can't I adjust the size of windows anymore.: Since the last update, I can no longer manipulate windows in windows. In other words, I used to be able to click on the middle button in the upper right hand corner of all applications and be able to adjust the size of the window and move it around the monitor like an icon....
  7. Automatically Adjust for DST problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Automatically Adjust for DST problem: Automatically Adjust for DST suddenly not working today and I had to disable it. This happened on my two win 10 machines. Anyone else seeing this issue? submitted by /u/gasahold [link] [comments]...
  8. Why didn't time update to DST this morning?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why didn't time update to DST this morning?: Win 10 Pro 1909 x64 desktop: It's now mid afternoon Sunday, i.e., 12 hrs since ST went to DST, and my Win 10 clock hadn't updated. I had to use Sync Now. Haven't ever seen this before. Is this somehow tied to the setting time for update checks?...
  9. Why doesn't Windows 10 automatically adjust daylight savings time?

Why doesn't Windows 10 automatically adjust daylight savings time?: I have set time zone and set time automatically turned on in settings. Daylight savings day recently just passed but my computer time is still one hour behind and I have to set it manually....
  10. Automatic Time Adjustment

Automatic Time Adjustment: The time on my Lenovo Ideapad 320S is not updating automatically, it loses about 2 minutes per day. If I switch the "set time automatically" switch off and then on again the time is corrected and up to date. Why is this feature not working?...