Windows 10: Why Can't Windows Search Find My File - Why Was Topic Moved?

Discus and support Why Can't Windows Search Find My File - Why Was Topic Moved? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I created a thread in General Support called Update Removed Windows 7 Games about a Windows Update that removed my Windows 7 games. The update also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by boweasel, Mar 14, 2016.

1. boweasel Win User

Why Can't Windows Search Find My File - Why Was Topic Moved?

I created a thread in General Support called Update Removed Windows 7 Games about a Windows Update that removed my Windows 7 games. The update also caused other problems which I specified in the thread, but that topic has now been moved to the Gaming sub-forum. I think the W7 games disappearing is merely a symptom of something else. It's not a Game issue.

Secondly, when I first put the W7 games on this W10 laptop I downloaded it from somewhere, yet a search didn't find it. However, here it is in Downloads.

And while I have gotten a reply in the Games subforum, it was pretty much what I'd have expected - in essence he said 'I save the Windows 7 Games in Downloads, and simply reinstall if a Windows update deletes them'. That's not a response that answers what happened to my start button (left-clicking no longer does anything), why did the updates necessitate a system restore to bring back my icons, what about the errors in event viewer, why did MS Edge return and IE11 disappear, etc?

I opened an elevated command prompt and ran Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth. Included is a snap of the resulting screen as well as the log

:)

boweasel, Mar 14, 2016

2. why does the windows search cant find some files.

why does the windows search can't find any files on my pc? It just suggests internet search even though the files are available on my pc with the same name.

GIRIDHAR REDDY, Mar 14, 2016
  3. Xeriod Win User
    Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 on XP?

Thanks. Any idea why with ActiveSync installed why can't I find any of the files on my Windows Mobile 6.1 phone? Even when I specify an entire file name and only search the directory where I know a given file is located, it finds no results.

Xeriod, Mar 14, 2016
Thema:

Why Can't Windows Search Find My File - Why Was Topic Moved?

1. Why Can't Windows Search Find My File - Why Was Topic Moved? - Similar Threads - Why Can't Search

2. Why can't my Windows 11 File search find basic files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't my Windows 11 File search find basic files?: I recently switched from windows 10 to windows 11 and after the update, my search function either only finds mor recent files or none at all. For example in these pictures: I am trying to find a file called "Explosion croma key green screen" which i am certain i have because...
  3. Why can't my Windows 11 File search find basic files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't my Windows 11 File search find basic files?: I recently switched from windows 10 to windows 11 and after the update, my search function either only finds mor recent files or none at all. For example in these pictures: I am trying to find a file called "Explosion croma key green screen" which i am certain i have because...
  4. Why can't I search files in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I search files in Windows 11: Ever since updating to Windows 11, files are no longer searchable in Explorer. I can put in the entire file name and the results still say no results are found. This is very annoying....
  5. Why can't I search files in Windows 11

Why can't I search files in Windows 11: Ever since updating to Windows 11, files are no longer searchable in Explorer. I can put in the entire file name and the results still say no results are found. This is very annoying....
  6. why does the search function not find tagged files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does the search function not find tagged files?: in explorer i use the tag function under file properties. however the search function in explorer fails to find the tagged files. this problem has only newly arisen - worked fine before a few days ago....
  7. why does the search function not find tagged files?

why does the search function not find tagged files?: in explorer i use the tag function under file properties. however the search function in explorer fails to find the tagged files. this problem has only newly arisen - worked fine before a few days ago....
  8. Why doesn't the search in windows in Windows 10 find my files? It's terrible at searching...

in Cortana
    Why doesn't the search in windows in Windows 10 find my files? It's terrible at searching...: This pretty accurately describes my complaints... Why is Windows 10 Search So Bad At It's Job? - Microsoft Community or this Why is Windows 10 Search Still So Bad At It's Job? - Microsoft Community I don't know why Microsoft locked those threads.. I don't see a resolution...
  9. Why can't I find files on my PC with Windows Explorer

in Cortana
    Why can't I find files on my PC with Windows Explorer: I spend hours searching through folders for files, images etc that I know exist on the system, but the search facility in Windows 10 doesn't find them. It sometimes will not find files that I've just saved - I can locate them, but explorer can't. In explorer I click on the...
  10. Searching, but why can't I find them?

in Windows 10 Support
    Searching, but why can't I find them?: I have folders that contain daily files of data from my router. I have been trying to files named ConnectionStats that are followed by a date, so the full nam would be for example: ConnectionStats-yyyy-mm-dd-hh.mm.ss. Searches on ConnectionStats-yyyy succeed if the yyyy is...