Windows 10: Why can't Windows update time like Linux?

Discus and support Why can't Windows update time like Linux? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I use an external USB enclosure to run Linux on my PC which has an internal SATA SSD running Windows 10. I switch back-and-forth depending upon what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by nobody-important, Jun 29, 2019.

1. Why can't Windows update time like Linux?

I use an external USB enclosure to run Linux on my PC which has an internal SATA SSD running Windows 10. I switch back-and-forth depending upon what I'm doing. Linux always has the correct time, but Windows always has UTC or something like that, being off by six or whatever hours. Eventually, hours later, Windows updates itself to local time. Is there any way to force Windows to set local time on a regular basis, or better yet, on every boot?

:)

nobody-important, Jun 29, 2019
  2. Silverel Win User

Guide: How to enable, use, and configure SLI on Linux.

I guess the next logical step would be to report on the performance you can get with SLI in Linux. That'd be my suggestion anyway.

Silverel, Jun 29, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Why can't Windows update time like Linux? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 29, 2019
  4. Why can't Windows update time like Linux?

Windows Subsystem Linux

Hello,

We would like to know more about the issue you're experiencing with using
    Windows Subsystem for Linux
    . Kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you developing a program, an app, or a software for Linux?
    • Is your Window 10 PC connected to a domain?
    • Are you managing a Windows Server PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Can you tell us the Version and OS build of your Windows 10 device? You can find this information by clicking the
      Start button, type About your PC, and then press
      Enter.

We need the following information in order to determine if we need to refer your concern to the
    TechNet forums or the Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) forums.

For now, we suggest reviewing these support articles to find out if there's an issue with the installation of
    Windows Subsystem for Linux:

We'll be waiting for your response.

Devlin Sco, Jun 29, 2019
Thema:

Why can't Windows update time like Linux?

1. Why can't Windows update time like Linux? - Similar Threads - Why can't update

2. why is it like this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is it like this?: every time i try to play my games it doesnt work because it says i have to ask for permisson and i think someone in my family so can you just fix that please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-it-like-this/f3f4affd-460e-4118-8eaa-c8843a2461b6
  3. Adjusting Screen Brightness like in Linux

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adjusting Screen Brightness like in Linux: I want to lower the screen brightness in Windows but 0% does not reduce it completely. In Linux, the min and max brightness of the screen can be adjusted by changing the /sys/class/backlight/intel_backlight/brightness path. Example bash command:echo 244 >...
  4. Adjusting Screen Brightness like in Linux

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adjusting Screen Brightness like in Linux: I want to lower the screen brightness in Windows but 0% does not reduce it completely. In Linux, the min and max brightness of the screen can be adjusted by changing the /sys/class/backlight/intel_backlight/brightness path. Example bash command:echo 244 >...
  5. Linux-like startup screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Linux-like startup screen: There is something causing my desktop to take *WAY* too long to load. I'm running a solid state boot drive and it used to boot so fast, it'd make your head spin. Now it takes a good 10-20 minutes. I can walk away and have a coffee! I figure if I could enable a startup...
  6. Why is it like this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is it like this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/acer11059 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lpsdnc/why_is_it_like_this/
  7. Moving windows like on Linux

Moving windows like on Linux: Blah blah, story of my life Since a year I mainly use Linux, but because my main PC is going to be taken by my sister i temporarily installed windows there so I can play some games. I never really liked windows but not having ability to quickly resize and move windows is...
  8. Why is it like this?!

Why is it like this?!: https://reddit.com/link/jabkix/video/dj0e82srlus51/player submitted by /u/Apollo_YouTube [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jabkix/why_is_it_like_this/
  9. Why can't a giant company like Microsoft fix their own updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why can't a giant company like Microsoft fix their own updates: 2020-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems KB4532693 Nothing I try to do will run this update............ So my question microsoft is, if you can create the above update and it will not run on thousands of computers, then WHY CAN"T YOU CREATE...
  10. Best Linux distributions which look like Windows

in Windows 10 News
    Best Linux distributions which look like Windows: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Once you have understood the pros and cons while shifting from Windows to Linux and decided in favor of the latter, the tougher part would be adjusting with the new environment. Thankfully, there are a few distributions of Linux which [...] This post Best...