Windows 10: WHY CANT YOU CHANGE KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS

Discus and support WHY CANT YOU CHANGE KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Literally every other OS out there allows this. Why can't I change what opens what and does what. How can you defend this? submitted by /u/yeetngreet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/yeetngreet, Apr 9, 2020.

1. WHY CANT YOU CHANGE KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS

Literally every other OS out there allows this. Why can't I change what opens what and does what. How can you defend this?

submitted by /u/yeetngreet
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/yeetngreet, Apr 9, 2020

2. Keyboard shortcuts change

Hi Pandax,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need to know more information to help you better.

• What shortcuts you wish to change specifically on Windows 10 including shortcuts which start with Windows logo?

• Do you use Windows 10 on Desktop/Laptop?
    Keyboard shortcuts are combinations of two or more keys that you can use to perform a task that would typically require a mouse or other pointing device. Keyboard shortcuts can make it easier to work with your PC, saving you time and effort as you
    work with Windows and other apps. You may try the below steps on Windows 10 to change the settings related to Keyboard on Windows 10 and check if it helps.

• Open Start menu and type
      Settings in the search bar.

• Click on Ease of access.

• Select Keyboard and you can change the options as you wish.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Apr 10, 2020
  3. How to change the default keyboard layout shortcut.

Hi,

I would like to inform you that presently you may change the default keyboard layout by pressing
    Windows key + space and I would like to inform you that it is not possible to change the keyboard shortcut for the keyboard layout.

• If you would like to create shortcut for the applications, please follow the below steps:
    • Right click on the application and select properties.
    • Enter a key combination in the Shortcut key field. The combination must be CTRL + ALT + a letter / number.

Hope the information helps. Please do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Apr 10, 2020
  4. Memsahib Win User

WHY CANT YOU CHANGE KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS

Windows keyboard shortcuts

I have a list of win10 keyboard shortcuts but some do not do as suggested. For example : F2 doesn't allow me to change the name of the item - but F4 does. I got the list from Windows 10 website ; https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/12445

Memsahib, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

WHY CANT YOU CHANGE KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS

1. WHY CANT YOU CHANGE KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS - Similar Threads - WHY CANT CHANGE

2. Keyboard shortcut change for Slovak keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard shortcut change for Slovak keyboard: I am using Slovak QWERTY keyboard layout + Slovak language input under Win 11. The interface language is English. The right square bracket key ] that should be typed by AltGr+G interferes with Search Google Drive Alt+Shift+G shortcut.Of course, there is a workaround by...
  3. Keyboard shortcut change for Slovak keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard shortcut change for Slovak keyboard: I am using Slovak QWERTY keyboard layout + Slovak language input under Win 11. The interface language is English. The right square bracket key ] that should be typed by AltGr+G interferes with Search Google Drive Alt+Shift+G shortcut.Of course, there is a workaround by...
  4. Why has my keyboard shortcuts changed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why has my keyboard shortcuts changed?: I have a ThinkPad X1 Yoga 1st Gen. It uses an Intel Core-i7 6600U. I upgraded to Windows 11 using a trick which upgrades to Windows 11 and also bypasses everything. But my Alt+F4 has been affected by this. This function is now done by a much longer keyboard shortcut,...
  5. Why has my keyboard shortcuts changed?

Why has my keyboard shortcuts changed?: I have a ThinkPad X1 Yoga 1st Gen. It uses an Intel Core-i7 6600U. I upgraded to Windows 11 using a trick which upgrades to Windows 11 and also bypasses everything. But my Alt+F4 has been affected by this. This function is now done by a much longer keyboard shortcut,...
  6. why cant i change some shortcuts icons?

why cant i change some shortcuts icons?: So I wanted to change some shortcuts icons into custom images I have, everything worked out but Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint didn't. I can't even click "Change Icon". What do I do? [ATTACH]...
  7. Change keyboard shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change keyboard shortcut: I just bought a new keyboard, it has a few extra keys than a normal keyboard. One of these keys right now opens Groove Music, I would like to change the key to change between to audio inputs, is this possible? First thing would be to find out where this shortcut to Groove...
  8. how do i change the keyboard shortcuts with a keyboard shortcut

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do i change the keyboard shortcuts with a keyboard shortcut: ive done this a few times and i somehow always forget how to fix it. i somehow pressed some keys that changed my shortcut binding. @ used to be ``alt gr + Q`` and now it is ``shift + 2`` i dont know if it is just 1 button that changes it or a combination of 2 or 3. does...
  9. Changing keyboard default shortcuts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing keyboard default shortcuts: Hello everyone I am studying German at the moment, so would like to like change some of the keyboard shortcuts to make typing certain words easier. To explain what I mean: At the moment, if I push control + alt + a, for instance, I get á. I would like to change the...
  10. Disable or change keyboard shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable or change keyboard shortcuts: I use a lot of keyboard shortcuts (via Hotkeyp). But it's awkward wiggling around the plethora of built-in shortcuts, most of which I will never use. how can I alter them? 113787