Windows 10: Why can't you drag and drop "Recent" documents in Windows 10?

Discus and support Why can't you drag and drop "Recent" documents in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So in every version of Windows prior to Win 10, you could right-click a taskbar-pinned icon, bringing up the list of recent documents which you can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by C337Skymaster, May 5, 2021.

1. Why can't you drag and drop "Recent" documents in Windows 10?

So in every version of Windows prior to Win 10, you could right-click a taskbar-pinned icon, bringing up the list of recent documents which you can still do, then click-and-hold one of those, and drag it somewhere. It would drop a copy, or an attachment, or move the file if it's close enough to where you're moving it to, already, etc. You didn't actually have to remember what folder you stashed that frequently-used-document/file in, to be able to attach it to an email and send it.With Windows 10, that function has been completely removed, and because drag-and-drop in every other form still

:)

C337Skymaster, May 5, 2021
  2. eyexam Win User

Drag and drop attachment

f

Thanks- It appears that it's the drag-and-drop from the JUMP LIST (finally got the right terminology there) that isn't available. In looking into it more (with your help), it seems that this MIGHT be available in a future build of 10. What a crock!!! That drag-and-drop from a jump list to attach was SOOOO easy and now it's gone. Too late to downgrade......bummer*cry

If someone comes up with a good solution (besides the paper clip), I'm hoping for a miracle!

thanks
    Jeff

eyexam, May 5, 2021
  3. Drag and Drop

Hi Charles,

the steps you suggested didn't work for me but, when pressing the escape key it somehow expanded the drive and by using drag and drop to the single file in the list worked.

In the past I could drag and drop multiple folders onto the drive on the network computer(s). Doing it on individual folders will take far too long and time consuming and is not an option.

Microsoft should be able to identify what is blocking it and issue a fix.

My machine is multi boot so tomorrow I will try with Windows 7.

Many thanks for your help,

Deric

DericStain, May 5, 2021
  4. Why can't you drag and drop "Recent" documents in Windows 10?

Cannot Drag and Drop into Edge

• I have been on Win 10 and Edge since June 2016.
    • I was able to drag and drop files in a SP2013 document library until today.
    • I tried it with OneDrive with the same result. I can no longer drag and drop to upload files.

Repeat: Drag and drop worked in my SharePoint 2013 libraries and OneDrive until today.

Was there a recent Win 10 or Edge update that may have broken drag and drop?

Len Gilbert BOTW, May 5, 2021
Thema:

Why can't you drag and drop "Recent" documents in Windows 10?

1. Why can't you drag and drop "Recent" documents in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Why can't drag

2. Why does Drag and Drop copy rather than actually dragging and dropping?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Drag and Drop copy rather than actually dragging and dropping?: When I want to move a file elsewhere such as from hard drive to flash drive, I click "Send to" and click the destination without any problem. It appears at the destination, but it is also still there at the source as if it merely copied instead and being dragged. Also if I...
  3. Why does Drag and Drop copy rather than actually dragging and dropping?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Drag and Drop copy rather than actually dragging and dropping?: When I want to move a file elsewhere such as from hard drive to flash drive, I click "Send to" and click the destination without any problem. It appears at the destination, but it is also still there at the source as if it merely copied instead and being dragged. Also if I...
  4. Why Drag and Drop Feature is not their in window 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Drag and Drop Feature is not their in window 11: In the previous Window, there is the feature of Drag a file from file to the application but it's not working in window 11 otherwise window 11 is awesome please fix this issue because drag and drop is easy instead of copy or pasting...
  5. Why Drag and Drop Feature is not their in window 11

Why Drag and Drop Feature is not their in window 11: In the previous Window, there is the feature of Drag a file from file to the application but it's not working in window 11 otherwise window 11 is awesome please fix this issue because drag and drop is easy instead of copy or pasting...
  6. Drag and drop

Drag and drop: Why i Can't use drag and drop in windows 11?? It is so annoying, i think i have to go back to windows 10.For development work it is really bad for user. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-and-drop/85e7b545-2642-4278-b569-418ba70cc539
  7. drag and drop - windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    drag and drop - windows 10: windows 10 pro version 2004 build 19041.630 I've been using program launcher powerpro for 15 or more years with no problems under windows XP and windows 7. PowerPro Now, under windows 10, I'm having a problem with dragging and dropping files from the file manager onto...
  8. Can't drag and drop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't drag and drop: I have done: sfc /scannow DISM CheckHealth and RestoreHealth commands Restarted Windows Explorer Restarted Desktop Window Manager submitted by /u/TheTank18 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iinj3x/cant_drag_and_drop/
  9. Drag and Drop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Drag and Drop: I use drag and drop to transfer data onto my network computers, but since the latest update 1903 (18362.449) drag and drop won't work. I re-imaged back a couple of months and drag and drop works ok so the fault is with the latest update. Please advise. Deric...
  10. Windows 10 and Drag and Drop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 and Drag and Drop: Hello, When does drag & drop in Windows 10 (between two folders) copy the file and when does move it? [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-and-drag-and-drop/f0cde1ac-7711-4495-9779-0002e2bd150b"