Windows 10: why cant you use wifi when in safe mode

Discus and support why cant you use wifi when in safe mode in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just reset windows 10, and while tryng to download autocad, once I got a blue box saying cant connect to smart screen. then when it did and started... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by perryrich, Oct 23, 2018.

1. perryrich Win User

why cant you use wifi when in safe mode

I just reset windows 10, and while tryng to download autocad, once I got a blue box saying cant connect to smart screen. then when it did and started downloading, it just stopped and said installation failed. someone said they had the same problem and was able to complete the download and installation in safe mode. when I tried to install it in safe mode but couldn't because wifi is not available in safe mode with networking. did Microsoft intentionally disable wifi in safe mode?

:)

perryrich, Oct 23, 2018

2. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 23, 2018
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Stuck in safe mode in windows 10

Safe mode is intended to help fix most, if not all problems within an operating system, it's not good if we got stuck on it. To correct this, we suggest that you follow the steps below to exit out of Safe mode:

• Open Run command by pressing Windows key + R
      keys on the keyboard and type msconfig in the command box and press
      Enter.
    • Under General tab, put a check on Normal Startup option.
    • Reboot the system and check if the changes are effective.

Let us know if you are able to exit out of Safe mode with these steps.

Xylee Del, Oct 23, 2018
  4. why cant you use wifi when in safe mode

Safe mode problem

Hi,

To get better clarity on the issue, kindly answer the questions below:

• By saying that you have a "Safe mode problem," did you mean to say that your computer is stuck in Safe mode or are you unable to boot it to Safe mode?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you attempted to resolve your concern?

If this is caused by recent programs installed on your computer, then we suggest you to run
    System Restore to revert your system files to an earlier date. To run System Restore, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    • On the run command box, type "RSTRUI.EXE" and hit enter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Make sure that you choose the restore point date when your computer was working fine. Please be advised that programs and applications installed on your computer after the restore point will be removed.

Let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Oct 23, 2018
Thema:

why cant you use wifi when in safe mode

1. why cant you use wifi when in safe mode - Similar Threads - why cant wifi

2. Wifi and Airplane Mode Issue after using SAFE mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi and Airplane Mode Issue after using SAFE mode: My laptop's Windows is having some issues after I booted it using safe mode settings from the bios.The airplane mode is turned on and the option to turn it off has been greyed out or disabled.The wifi is also not working and showing below given-I have tried troubleshooting...
  3. Wifi and Airplane Mode Issue after using SAFE mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi and Airplane Mode Issue after using SAFE mode: My laptop's Windows is having some issues after I booted it using safe mode settings from the bios.The airplane mode is turned on and the option to turn it off has been greyed out or disabled.The wifi is also not working and showing below given-I have tried troubleshooting...
  4. Wifi and Airplane Mode Issue after using SAFE mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Booted in safe mode and cant login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booted in safe mode and cant login: I selected safe mode with registry? Or something of the sort and now i cant login, and i cant bring up the cmnd prompt or my account. I used system. Restore but it did not change anything...
  6. WHY NO INTERENT IN SAFE MODE ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHY NO INTERENT IN SAFE MODE ?: WHY NO INTERENT IN SAFE MODE EVEN PUTTING OPTION 5 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-no-interent-in-safe-mode/ce6d7847-8a79-49fd-a159-f93c0d4aebc0
  7. WHY NO INTERENT IN SAFE MODE ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WHY NO INTERENT IN SAFE MODE ?: WHY NO INTERENT IN SAFE MODE EVEN PUTTING OPTION 5 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-no-interent-in-safe-mode/ce6d7847-8a79-49fd-a159-f93c0d4aebc0
  8. Cant enter safe mode or recovery mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant enter safe mode or recovery mode: So recently I bought a macbook of a friend to just try apple. He wiped everything including some vital system files, wich makes it unavailable to boot properly. That's why I installed windows on it, everything went well and windows was downloaded. (Never got on the home...
  9. cant open safe mode with net...

in Windows 10 Customization
    cant open safe mode with net...: this is an hp notebook, 16gb ram, 1 tb ssd running win 10 pro. i have tried using my main account thru settings etc and it refuses to accept my windows password. (see pix 1 ). i created a local account , which only allows safe mode, no net which won't help with kaspersky...
  10. Cant get to safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant get to safe mode: I dont know what in the world is wrong with Windows 10 everyone keeps having problems ever since Windows 10 update. I tried to update and now that it failed, when I turn my pc on it automatically shuts off the moment Windows opens and then turns back on. It keeps repeating...